Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 103

Thread: Fergurson

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539

    Fergurson

    Now days unarmed African American teenager shot and killed by police. 30 years back I am of the opinion it would have been reported as a 260 pound 6’4” violent criminal shot by police after robbing a convenience store.

    It would appear the mainstream media only sees a person with a gun as armed. All other methods of maiming or killing unarmed.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 11-22-2014 at 01:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    *Ferguson, *nowadays, *robbing, *convenience, *if, *maim, *are

    See also:

    armed
    -adjective
    1.
    bearing firearms; having weapons:


    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/armed

    Sorry, I got carried away there.
    Last edited by The Truth; 11-22-2014 at 01:08 AM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  3. #3
    Regular Member garand_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    495
    It's all spin and pure racism. Racism is colorblind. Unfortunately, there is a deep divide between the African American community and police because of past injustices, real or perceived. The bulk of it is behind us, but isolated incidents remain and there is too much bad blood for it to just go away.

    It's a shame this got taken away from the facts. Either the officer was in fear for his life and the shoot was justified, or it wasn't and he'll be punished. It's no longer about that; it's about the grievances a certain segment of the black population has against the police/government. Not that it is entirely justified, but it is driven by emotion and immune to rationality.

    Yes, we certainly know that an unarmed person can be just as deadly as someone armed with a knife or gun. It's a shame that so few (on any side of a given argument) can see the facts clearly without the filter of their own personal experience and opinions.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

    Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by garand_guy View Post
    It's all spin and pure racism. Racism is colorblind. Unfortunately, there is a deep divide between the African American community and police because of past injustices, real or perceived. The bulk of it is behind us, but isolated incidents remain and there is too much bad blood for it to just go away.

    It's a shame this got taken away from the facts. Either the officer was in fear for his life and the shoot was justified, or it wasn't and he'll be punished. It's no longer about that; it's about the grievances a certain segment of the black population has against the police/government. Not that it is entirely justified, but it is driven by emotion and immune to rationality.

    Yes, we certainly know that an unarmed person can be just as deadly as someone armed with a knife or gun. It's a shame that so few (on any side of a given argument) can see the facts clearly without the filter of their own personal experience and opinions.
    I agree. I also believe obumer and Al Sharpton are responsible for pushing the issue to the max. Had they stayed out of it and left it up to the local and state government to handle the issue, it would have been easier to manage.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    I disagree for the fact that DumBO and dumBRER are not effective leaders as you suggest.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    *Ferguson, *nowadays, *robbing, *convenience, *if, *maim, *are

    See also:

    armed
    -adjective
    1.
    bearing firearms; having weapons:


    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/armed

    Sorry, I got carried away there.
    I do want to thank you for pointing out my difficulty with spelling and composing a post. I have been battling this personal issue all my life. For the first 9 years of public school one-hour of every day they had me in a special class that was supposed to help. No telling how bad I would have been without it. As a young adult I paid and attended classes that also were supposed to help. Because of my struggles I did not turn on a computer until I was 50 yeas old. I was on a project that required setting up Foxboro Gas Analyzers and tracking the data. I told the physicist I was working under I have no problem with setting up the analyzers however if you want data I will put it on paper as I never turned on a computer. He said I seen your ability and will work with you. My reply, great if you have the money I do have the time. I was so thankful to his willingness to help and push me. It really helped me to continue my so far 40-year career.
    I am so appreciative when my goof ups are pointed out to me in a respectfully way and not in a way to make fun of a personal issue I have been dealing with for 60 years.
    My response to those that do it in mean way it so say holly crap after 60 years, never knew I had a problem.
    Recently I have been trying to remember to make the font larger, which really helped. Weaker eyes just added to my issue. However I can still see the front sight and target very well.
    Every time I get hammered on my spelling and composing I think of posting some kind of more depth reply this is the first time. Maybe I should save this to a file cut and past it ever time it happens.
    If there is those that have the need and lack of ability or knowledge to bolster their ego other than to point out others weakness fill free.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I disagree for the fact that DumBO and dumBRER are not effective leaders as you suggest.
    Interesting that you see my posting as saying they are effective leaders. Never thought of them as such. However good point obumer did get himself voted in twice in the position that is seen for the most part of the world as the most powerful single position held. Sharpton has made a good living being in the nations public eye for decades both must be effective at some kind of leading.
    I believe we are on the same side of the fence here. I am of the opinion it is not the ability to lead, it is the quality of people you are willing to lead. Hitler a very effective leader.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 11-22-2014 at 05:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I do want to thank you for pointing out my difficulty with spelling and composing a post. I have been battling this personal issue all my life. For the first 9 years of public school one-hour of every day they had me in a special class that was supposed to help. No telling how bad I would have been without it. As a young adult I paid and attended classes that also were supposed to help. Because of my struggles I did not turn on a computer until I was 50 yeas old. I was on a project that required setting up Foxboro Gas Analyzers and tracking the data. I told the physicist I was working under I have no problem with setting up the analyzers however if you want data I will put it on paper as I never turned on a computer. He said I seen your ability and will work with you. My reply, great if you have the money I do have the time. I was so thankful to his willingness to help and push me. It really helped me to continue my so far 40-year career.
    I am so appreciative when my goof ups are pointed out to me in a respectfully way and not in a way to make fun of a personal issue I have been dealing with for 60 years.
    My response to those that do it in mean way it so say holly crap after 60 years, never knew I had a problem.
    Recently I have been trying to remember to make the font larger, which really helped. Weaker eyes just added to my issue. However I can still see the front sight and target very well.
    Every time I get hammered on my spelling and composing I think of posting some kind of more depth reply this is the first time. Maybe I should save this to a file cut and past it ever time it happens.
    If there is those that have the need and lack of ability or knowledge to bolster their ego other than to point out others weakness fill free.
    You're right, and I apologize. I must have been very bored, and it was pretty much a jerk post on my part. I need to work on that.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    You're right, and I apologize. I must have been very bored, and it was pretty much a jerk post on my part. I need to work on that.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Just for info I do realize it is impossible for us to be in the know and sensitive of every persons fallings or struggles. Just part of life.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    My spielchecker works in an OCDO compose box, and so does my word processor's Language Tool. Might something similar be useful for clarity of communication?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pointy end and slightly to the left
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    My spielchecker works in an OCDO compose box, and so does my word processor's Language Tool. Might something similar be useful for clarity of communication?
    If you are near Las Vegas many be we can meet up and you can show me. I have no kids or grandchildren around to show me this stuff.
    Like to add to your insulting post **** ** *** Bet you understood that communication.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-23-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Language, verbiage

  13. #13
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,991
    Well.....This thread went South quick.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    If you are near Las Vegas many be we can meet up and you can show me. I have no kids or grandchildren around to show me this stuff. Like to add to your insulting post **** ** *** Bet you understood that communication.
    LOL There are more issues here than mere dyslexia and short-sightedness.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-23-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    145
    Where are the militias? Stupid 3% hypocrites.

  16. #16
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Where are the militias? Stupid 3% hypocrites.
    Why should they risk their lives to protect government agents?
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I am a little disappointed the protesters and media didn't get the same protection than Bundy.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    A good percentage of my political time is spent despising and ridiculing corrupt cops. I truly despise corrupt cops far more than I ever will anything else, even if compared to active child molesters. However....
    ...the remainder is praising the good cops. There are a few out there, yes. Hard to tell sometimes, but they do exist.

    In the case of Darrin and Mike, I actually hold Darrin in high regards. I respect him and his decision and I support his exoneration.

    Even though I despise 99.99999 +10xE12 of what there are out there.

    In this case Darrin did what he had to in order to preserve his life. I feel sorry for Mike's parents, losing a child in any way imaginable is a hard boat to row, but it is what it is.

    Even though his step father was swearing and praying for burning and destroying buildings and property. He's a parent and he's angry. Rightfully so. I would be. He has to vent out the frustration. What he does with his life when he's done venting is up to him, and something that then he should be held accountable for.

    And I feel sorry for the people of Ferguson. The citizen's aren't doing these vandalizing and arsons. It's the preditors that are. They look for incidents like this so they can take advantage of them.

    Right now both sides, Mike's family and Darrin and his family, as certainly in my prayers.
    Last edited by Logan 5; 11-26-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    I doubt that we'll ever see a demographic breakdown of the participants; who's local/not, age, government client/agent, et cetera.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post

    And I feel sorry for the people of Ferguson. The citizen's aren't doing these vandalizing and arsons. It's the preditors that are. They look for incidents like this so they can take advantage of them.
    Sorry mate......exit polls at the jail show almost 80% of those arrested were locals. They are cr@pping in their own beds.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  21. #21
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    A good percentage of my political time is spent despising and ridiculing corrupt cops. I truly despise corrupt cops far more than I ever will anything else, even if compared to active child molesters. However....
    ...the remainder is praising the good cops. There are a few out there, yes. Hard to tell sometimes, but they do exist.

    In the case of Darrin and Mike, I actually hold Darrin in high regards. I respect him and his decision and I support his exoneration.

    Even though I despise 99.99999 +10xE12 of what there are out there.

    In this case Darrin did what he had to in order to preserve his life. I feel sorry for Mike's parents, losing a child in any way imaginable is a hard boat to row, but it is what it is.

    Even though his step father was swearing and praying for burning and destroying buildings and property. He's a parent and he's angry. Rightfully so. I would be. He has to vent out the frustration. What he does with his life when he's done venting is up to him, and something that then he should be held accountable for.

    And I feel sorry for the people of Ferguson. The citizen's aren't doing these vandalizing and arsons. It's the preditors that are. They look for incidents like this so they can take advantage of them.

    Right now both sides, Mike's family and Darrin and his family, as certainly in my prayers.
    Whether Darren committed a criminal act left aside, and just taking his actions on that day, Darren Wilson is an idiot, or a Hero wannabe. He let a known suspect get within inches of him when he had a vehicle to act as a barrier. He had backup coming, within seconds that he was aware of and he did not wait on the backup. After getting his ass handed to him, and feeling like a child against a giant, his own description, HE STILL DOES NOT WAIT FOR BACKUP. If Brown had a knife Wilson would be DEAD, he F-D up, let's throw any hero worship that ignored protocol which helped spark millions in dollars of damage.

    Police work is not where a person should fantasize about being a hero, just do the damn job. Sometimes people become heroes because they do the right thing at the right time, they don't plan on being heroes. Wilson was no hero, he was a moron with a badge. Even if he was justified in shooting Brown, he F-D up.

    ETA In 1972 Agent Pete Lackey was killed in his vehicle by a drug suspect, stabbed to death by the suspect through a OPEN WINDOW in his vehicle. The Tueller drill is preached for a reason, Don't be a effing hero. Do not let a known dangerous suspect walk up to your open window, and certainly do not back your vehicle up to the suspect.

    The hero worship of this moron/Wilson makes me want to barf, especially from people who know better.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 11-26-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Sorry mate......exit polls at the jail show almost 80% of those arrested were locals. They are cr@pping in their own beds.
    Where did you read this, please? I am interested.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  23. #23
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Where did you read this, please? I am interested.
    I think it was Fox2 that reported that most of those arrested were from St Louis county.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  24. #24
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolf View Post
    whether darren committed a criminal act left aside, and just taking his actions on that day, darren wilson is an idiot, or a hero wannabe. He let a known suspect get within inches of him when he had a vehicle to act as a barrier. He had backup coming, within seconds that he was aware of and he did not wait on the backup. After getting his ass handed to him, and feeling like a child against a giant, his own description, he still does not wait for backup. If brown had a knife wilson would be dead, he f-d up, let's throw any hero worship that ignored protocol which helped spark millions in dollars of damage.

    Police work is not where a person should fantasize about being a hero, just do the damn job. Sometimes people become heroes because they do the right thing at the right time, they don't plan on being heroes. Wilson was no hero, he was a moron with a badge. Even if he was justified in shooting brown, he f-d up.

    Eta in 1972 agent pete lackey was killed in his vehicle by a drug suspect, stabbed to death by the suspect through a open window in his vehicle. The tueller drill is preached for a reason, don't be a effing hero. Do not let a known dangerous suspect walk up to your open window, and certainly do not back your vehicle up to the suspect.

    The hero worship of this moron/wilson makes me want to barf, especially from people who know better.

    +1 this!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161

    AP: Thousands of pages of grand jury docs reveal numerous instances of inconsistent,

    St. Louis Co. Grand Jury empaneled to indict Darren Wilson ... AP: Thousands of pages of grand jury docs reveal numerous instances of inconsistent, fabricated or provably wrong statements by witnesses... Developing...Drudge Report
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •