• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fergurson

28kfps

Now days unarmed African American teenager shot and killed by police. 30 years back I am of the opinion it would have been reported as a 260 pound 6’4” violent criminal shot by police after robbing a convenience store.

It would appear the mainstream media only sees a person with a gun as armed. All other methods of maiming or killing unarmed.

Last edited:

garand_guy

It's all spin and pure racism. Racism is colorblind. Unfortunately, there is a deep divide between the African American community and police because of past injustices, real or perceived. The bulk of it is behind us, but isolated incidents remain and there is too much bad blood for it to just go away.

It's a shame this got taken away from the facts. Either the officer was in fear for his life and the shoot was justified, or it wasn't and he'll be punished. It's no longer about that; it's about the grievances a certain segment of the black population has against the police/government. Not that it is entirely justified, but it is driven by emotion and immune to rationality.

Yes, we certainly know that an unarmed person can be just as deadly as someone armed with a knife or gun. It's a shame that so few (on any side of a given argument) can see the facts clearly without the filter of their own personal experience and opinions.

28kfps

It's all spin and pure racism. Racism is colorblind. Unfortunately, there is a deep divide between the African American community and police because of past injustices, real or perceived. The bulk of it is behind us, but isolated incidents remain and there is too much bad blood for it to just go away.

It's a shame this got taken away from the facts. Either the officer was in fear for his life and the shoot was justified, or it wasn't and he'll be punished. It's no longer about that; it's about the grievances a certain segment of the black population has against the police/government. Not that it is entirely justified, but it is driven by emotion and immune to rationality.

Yes, we certainly know that an unarmed person can be just as deadly as someone armed with a knife or gun. It's a shame that so few (on any side of a given argument) can see the facts clearly without the filter of their own personal experience and opinions.

I agree. I also believe obumer and Al Sharpton are responsible for pushing the issue to the max. Had they stayed out of it and left it up to the local and state government to handle the issue, it would have been easier to manage.

28kfps

*Ferguson, *nowadays, *robbing, *convenience, *if, *maim, *are

See also:

armed
-adjective
bearing firearms; having weapons:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/armed

Sorry, I got carried away there.

I do want to thank you for pointing out my difficulty with spelling and composing a post. I have been battling this personal issue all my life. For the first 9 years of public school one-hour of every day they had me in a special class that was supposed to help. No telling how bad I would have been without it. As a young adult I paid and attended classes that also were supposed to help. Because of my struggles I did not turn on a computer until I was 50 yeas old. I was on a project that required setting up Foxboro Gas Analyzers and tracking the data. I told the physicist I was working under I have no problem with setting up the analyzers however if you want data I will put it on paper as I never turned on a computer. He said I seen your ability and will work with you. My reply, great if you have the money I do have the time. I was so thankful to his willingness to help and push me. It really helped me to continue my so far 40-year career.
I am so appreciative when my goof ups are pointed out to me in a respectfully way and not in a way to make fun of a personal issue I have been dealing with for 60 years.
My response to those that do it in mean way it so say holly crap after 60 years, never knew I had a problem.
Recently I have been trying to remember to make the font larger, which really helped. Weaker eyes just added to my issue. However I can still see the front sight and target very well.
Every time I get hammered on my spelling and composing I think of posting some kind of more depth reply this is the first time. Maybe I should save this to a file cut and past it ever time it happens.
If there is those that have the need and lack of ability or knowledge to bolster their ego other than to point out others weakness fill free.

28kfps

I disagree for the fact that DumBO and dumBRER are not effective leaders as you suggest.

Interesting that you see my posting as saying they are effective leaders. Never thought of them as such. However good point obumer did get himself voted in twice in the position that is seen for the most part of the world as the most powerful single position held. Sharpton has made a good living being in the nations public eye for decades both must be effective at some kind of leading.
I believe we are on the same side of the fence here. I am of the opinion it is not the ability to lead, it is the quality of people you are willing to lead. Hitler a very effective leader.

Last edited:

The Truth

I do want to thank you for pointing out my difficulty with spelling and composing a post. I have been battling this personal issue all my life. For the first 9 years of public school one-hour of every day they had me in a special class that was supposed to help. No telling how bad I would have been without it. As a young adult I paid and attended classes that also were supposed to help. Because of my struggles I did not turn on a computer until I was 50 yeas old. I was on a project that required setting up Foxboro Gas Analyzers and tracking the data. I told the physicist I was working under I have no problem with setting up the analyzers however if you want data I will put it on paper as I never turned on a computer. He said I seen your ability and will work with you. My reply, great if you have the money I do have the time. I was so thankful to his willingness to help and push me. It really helped me to continue my so far 40-year career.
I am so appreciative when my goof ups are pointed out to me in a respectfully way and not in a way to make fun of a personal issue I have been dealing with for 60 years.
My response to those that do it in mean way it so say holly crap after 60 years, never knew I had a problem.
Recently I have been trying to remember to make the font larger, which really helped. Weaker eyes just added to my issue. However I can still see the front sight and target very well.
Every time I get hammered on my spelling and composing I think of posting some kind of more depth reply this is the first time. Maybe I should save this to a file cut and past it ever time it happens.
If there is those that have the need and lack of ability or knowledge to bolster their ego other than to point out others weakness fill free.

You're right, and I apologize. I must have been very bored, and it was pretty much a jerk post on my part. I need to work on that.

28kfps

My spielchecker works in an OCDO compose box, and so does my word processor's Language Tool. Might something similar be useful for clarity of communication?

If you are near Las Vegas many be we can meet up and you can show me. I have no kids or grandchildren around to show me this stuff.
Like to add to your insulting post **** ** *** Bet you understood that communication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Logan 5

A good percentage of my political time is spent despising and ridiculing corrupt cops. I truly despise corrupt cops far more than I ever will anything else, even if compared to active child molesters. However....
...the remainder is praising the good cops. There are a few out there, yes. Hard to tell sometimes, but they do exist.

In the case of Darrin and Mike, I actually hold Darrin in high regards. I respect him and his decision and I support his exoneration.

Even though I despise 99.99999 +10xE12 of what there are out there.

In this case Darrin did what he had to in order to preserve his life. I feel sorry for Mike's parents, losing a child in any way imaginable is a hard boat to row, but it is what it is.

Even though his step father was swearing and praying for burning and destroying buildings and property. He's a parent and he's angry. Rightfully so. I would be. He has to vent out the frustration. What he does with his life when he's done venting is up to him, and something that then he should be held accountable for.

And I feel sorry for the people of Ferguson. The citizen's aren't doing these vandalizing and arsons. It's the preditors that are. They look for incidents like this so they can take advantage of them.

Right now both sides, Mike's family and Darrin and his family, as certainly in my prayers.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
And I feel sorry for the people of Ferguson. The citizen's aren't doing these vandalizing and arsons. It's the preditors that are. They look for incidents like this so they can take advantage of them.

Sorry mate......exit polls at the jail show almost 80% of those arrested were locals. They are cr@pping in their own beds.

WalkingWolf

A good percentage of my political time is spent despising and ridiculing corrupt cops. I truly despise corrupt cops far more than I ever will anything else, even if compared to active child molesters. However....
...the remainder is praising the good cops. There are a few out there, yes. Hard to tell sometimes, but they do exist.

In the case of Darrin and Mike, I actually hold Darrin in high regards. I respect him and his decision and I support his exoneration.

Even though I despise 99.99999 +10xE12 of what there are out there.

In this case Darrin did what he had to in order to preserve his life. I feel sorry for Mike's parents, losing a child in any way imaginable is a hard boat to row, but it is what it is.

Even though his step father was swearing and praying for burning and destroying buildings and property. He's a parent and he's angry. Rightfully so. I would be. He has to vent out the frustration. What he does with his life when he's done venting is up to him, and something that then he should be held accountable for.

Right now both sides, Mike's family and Darrin and his family, as certainly in my prayers.

Whether Darren committed a criminal act left aside, and just taking his actions on that day, Darren Wilson is an idiot, or a Hero wannabe. He let a known suspect get within inches of him when he had a vehicle to act as a barrier. He had backup coming, within seconds that he was aware of and he did not wait on the backup. After getting his ass handed to him, and feeling like a child against a giant, his own description, HE STILL DOES NOT WAIT FOR BACKUP. If Brown had a knife Wilson would be DEAD, he F-D up, let's throw any hero worship that ignored protocol which helped spark millions in dollars of damage.

Police work is not where a person should fantasize about being a hero, just do the damn job. Sometimes people become heroes because they do the right thing at the right time, they don't plan on being heroes. Wilson was no hero, he was a moron with a badge. Even if he was justified in shooting Brown, he F-D up.

ETA In 1972 Agent Pete Lackey was killed in his vehicle by a drug suspect, stabbed to death by the suspect through a OPEN WINDOW in his vehicle. The Tueller drill is preached for a reason, Don't be a effing hero. Do not let a known dangerous suspect walk up to your open window, and certainly do not back your vehicle up to the suspect.

The hero worship of this moron/Wilson makes me want to barf, especially from people who know better.

Last edited:

The Truth

whether darren committed a criminal act left aside, and just taking his actions on that day, darren wilson is an idiot, or a hero wannabe. He let a known suspect get within inches of him when he had a vehicle to act as a barrier. He had backup coming, within seconds that he was aware of and he did not wait on the backup. After getting his ass handed to him, and feeling like a child against a giant, his own description, he still does not wait for backup. If brown had a knife wilson would be dead, he f-d up, let's throw any hero worship that ignored protocol which helped spark millions in dollars of damage.

Police work is not where a person should fantasize about being a hero, just do the damn job. Sometimes people become heroes because they do the right thing at the right time, they don't plan on being heroes. Wilson was no hero, he was a moron with a badge. Even if he was justified in shooting brown, he f-d up.

Eta in 1972 agent pete lackey was killed in his vehicle by a drug suspect, stabbed to death by the suspect through a open window in his vehicle. The tueller drill is preached for a reason, don't be a effing hero. Do not let a known dangerous suspect walk up to your open window, and certainly do not back your vehicle up to the suspect.

The hero worship of this moron/wilson makes me want to barf, especially from people who know better.

+1 this!

WalkingWolf

St. Louis Co. Grand Jury empaneled to indict Darren Wilson ... AP: Thousands of pages of grand jury docs reveal numerous instances of inconsistent, fabricated or provably wrong statements by witnesses... Developing...Drudge Report

Yes, but which witnesses? And it is common for different people to have different perceptions of what they witness. We also will not be privy to interogations that may have intentionally shaped testimony and statements.

Just from DW's testimony he comes off like a complete moron.