• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fergurson

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It seems that you likely didn't read -- and certainly didn't grok -- my post. You've also revealed your true colors, so you'll forgive me if I no longer play in your mud.

Logan 5

Racism with cops is not much different than with normal people, if that's what you're getting at.
I can see that my anti-racist schpiel offends you.

Last edited:

Logan 5

I really hate to say this kind of thing, but it doesn't fit the narrative. According to the narrative, government and law enforcement can be good, but ours are bad because/to the extent that they are racist.
Originally, ethically and morally speaking, the government is there to provide a service for us that we cannot effectively provide for ourselves. It has mutated into a demon that few of us care to appreciate. But, we still have it, it's here, it's gonna stay here, we just have to learn how to moderate it and it's interaction with us. We have more control than I suspect many people think.

It seems to never have occurred to many folks that police excess and lack of accountability is a problem of inherency, and this is what allows individual cops the latitude to abuse their power according to their own prejudices, such as (but not limited to) racism against blacks or other ethnic/minority groups.
I disagree. I think many people realize that, you are not satisfied because the response you are getting are not the responses you wanted.

Of course, it may be that there are more individual cops with prejudice towards blacks than towards whites. But that doesn't mean that individuals (say, long-haired male youths) of every race aren't routinely and unjustly subject to similar prejudice on different grounds. And it doesn't mean that these other cases of prejudice are any less wrong or (individually) damaging for their being less common.
Or worse- it just may mean that cops are only AS human as...you and I? Scary thought, isn't it?

Now, I'm not trying to cry "reverse racism!", because that's not it. Their perspective is skewed not because of a racial bias, but because of a statist bias. Admitting that the problem is deeper than racism is tantamount to conceding that there is an inherent problem with overbearing government, proactive law enforcement, etc. Of course, many of those who benefit the most, politically, from this sort of unrest are not interested in limiting government, but rather are under the delusion that big government might somehow be harnessed to serve their ends.
Actually, I think you are trying to make people LOOK stupid by your statements in this thread, but I could be wrong. Reveres racism does not exist. The officer's perception IS racist, but it's also normal. few people are truly non-racist. If racism was not part of the picture then why is it the majority of these crimes against people occur against black people? Unless it's true that the majority of actual crimes are committed by black people. Which is then racist in itself, even though it may be true.

Is the government overbearing? Yes. And we let it get that way. We can stop it, too, but we won't.

OC for ME

Originally, ethically and morally speaking, the government is there to provide a service for us that we cannot effectively provide for ourselves. It has mutated into a demon that few of us care to appreciate. But, we still have it, it's here, it's gonna stay here, we just have to learn how to moderate it and it's interaction with us. We have more control than I suspect many people think. ...
Me thinks marshauls' point went right over your head. Also, I would recommend that you review the definition of racism...carefully.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

Jeff. State

Banned
The latest MSM "buzz" regarding Ferguson is the Step-Dad getting grilled/investigated for yelling "Burn the F----- down, Burn this B---- Down"..........

Sounds a lot like this.........

HD - Officers yell "Get the gas, burn it down" during Dorner, police shootout - LIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sisVskohj1k

'Burn it Down' – Dorner's hideout deliberately torched by LAPD as dramatic manhunt ends
http://rt.com/usa/burn-it-down-dorner-119/

*Local news channel Kcal9 has played a recording in which police were heard to yell “burn this mother*****r down,” and another shouting, “f*****g burn this mother*****r,” as Dorner was barricaded inside his hideout.

OC for ME

The latest MSM "buzz" regarding Ferguson is the Step-Dad getting grilled/investigated for yelling "Burn the F----- down, Burn this B---- Down"..........

Sounds a lot like this.........
The Doner incident is different, those were state agents acting in the course of their normal duties. MB's step dad is alleged, by some, to have been inciting a riot...which is claimed to be unlawful in MO. Oddly there is no RSMo that specifically makes it unlawful to incite a riot.

It seems that inciting a riot and then not participating in the riot you incited is, apparently, not against the law.

The cops will be hard pressed to get pass charging him unless they charge him with something other than a non-existent law...oops, that never stopped a cop before...sorry.

Merlin40

While I won't argue the decision of the grand jury........Wilson (IMHO) did almost everything wrong that he could. When in a well-known dangerous area, my windows are ALWAYS rolled up, and my doors locked. If I'm approached, I have my weapon out of the holster, and ready, should someone attempt to break the window. I also have the option of just driving away. In addition, I have a Taser, should it be needed. As a LEO, Wilson SHOULD have had his window up. He didn't, and he got his ass handed to him. Everything AFTER that, was the reaction of a spoiled kid. "You hit me, and I have a gun" He COULD have, and SHOULD have, waited for back up. Wilson said that he "didn't feel like wearing his Taser" that night. Sure the perp was guilty of strong arm robbery. But to die for $50 worth of cigars??

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
...A spoiled kid who clearly believed his gun made him as tough as someone he later described as a "monster". I guess he was right about that. :rolleyes:

Not the sort of person we need being cops.

The Truth

While I won't argue the decision of the grand jury........Wilson (IMHO) did almost everything wrong that he could. When in a well-known dangerous area, my windows are ALWAYS rolled up, and my doors locked. If I'm approached, I have my weapon out of the holster, and ready, should someone attempt to break the window. I also have the option of just driving away. In addition, I have a Taser, should it be needed. As a LEO, Wilson SHOULD have had his window up. He didn't, and he got his ass handed to him. Everything AFTER that, was the reaction of a spoiled kid. "You hit me, and I have a gun" He COULD have, and SHOULD have, waited for back up. Wilson said that he "didn't feel like wearing his Taser" that night. Sure the perp was guilty of strong arm robbery. But to die for $50 worth of cigars??

No, he died for assaulting one of his majesty's officers. Everyone knows that Wilson rolled up calmly and, like a gentleman, kindly suggested that Mike and his buddy walk on the sidewalk where it's safer. Lotta real jerk drivers out there... then POW!!! Sucker punch, gun grab.

Logan 5

AGAIN- Has anyone ever asked his parents what they thought of that black kid doing a strong-arm robbery like he did?

All of a sudden, just because it's a black kid shot by a white cop, it's holocaust, time to crucify the cop. But, has anyone ever sought the parents views on the video or not?

Consider what happened to Dorner in LA. Cops riddled a Hispanic women's truck full of holes, and the women look nothing like Dorner, nor does their truck. And the cops get a pat on the back?

In Ferguson we have a black kid being a bully. And it's on video. Ask his parents to explain that. It should not matter if the kid if black OR white. Attack a cop like that and you have trouble brewing.

Now let's talk about the black guy murdered in NYC a while back. The grand jury in that case did the same thing. At least people are protesting for him. Video even showed that Eric was not violent. Murder is still murder.

He wasn't stealing cigarettes, he was selling them. What the hell is wrong with this picture???? :cuss:

OC for ME

A adult assaulted a cop...parents are irrelevant in the eyes of the law at this point. Latter? Civil proceedings will establish their relevancy.

WalkingWolf

No, he died for assaulting one of his majesty's officers. Everyone knows that Wilson rolled up calmly and, like a gentleman, kindly suggested that Mike and his buddy walk on the sidewalk where it's safer. Lotta real jerk drivers out there... then POW!!! Sucker punch, gun grab.

It's like a innocent 5 year old hanging on to Hulk Hogan. Really that was what happened, the officer said so. MB was demon he deserved to die. :rolleyes:

3x21-Belthazor.jpg

Just what would you do if this was attacking you?

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
AGAIN-
In Ferguson we have a black kid being a bully. And it's on video. Ask his parents to explain that. It should not matter if the kid if black OR white. Attack a cop like that and you have trouble brewing.

Now let's talk about the black guy murdered in NYC a while back. The grand jury in that case did the same thing. At least people are protesting for him. Video even showed that Eric was not violent. Murder is still murder.

He wasn't stealing cigarettes, he was selling them. What the hell is wrong with this picture???? :cuss:

There was a call from the shopkeeper asking the LEOs to get him out fom in front of his shop AGAIN. The LEOs were attempting a thirty first arrest.
http://www.inquisitr.com/1659026/er...ges-30-arrests-in-34-years-including-assault/
Former New York City police commissioner Bernard Kerik, adding meat to Meyers’ report, attempts to place the death of Eric Garner on the man himself, noting that on the day of Garner’s death, he was illegally selling untaxed cigarettes, and that he is technically resisting arrest in the now-viral video depicting his death.

“You cannot resist arrest,” Kerik states.

“If Eric Garner did not resist arrest, the outcome of this case would have been very different. He wouldn’t be dead today… Regardless of what the arrest was for, the officers don’t have the ability to say, ‘Well, this is a minor arrest, so we’re just going to ignore you.'”

notes that at the time of Garner’s death, he was “out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession, and false impersonation.”

Logan 5

There was a call from the shopkeeper asking the LEOs to get him out fom in front of his shop AGAIN. The LEOs were attempting a thirty first arrest.
Exactly. So he deserved to die.

Former New York City police commissioner Bernard Kerik, adding meat to Meyers’ report, attempts to place the death of Eric Garner on the man himself, noting that on the day of Garner’s death, he was illegally selling untaxed cigarettes, and that he is technically resisting arrest in the now-viral video depicting his death.

“You cannot resist arrest,” Kerik states.

“If Eric Garner did not resist arrest, the outcome of this case would have been very different. He wouldn’t be dead today… Regardless of what the arrest was for, the officers don’t have the ability to say, ‘Well, this is a minor arrest, so we’re just going to ignore you.'”

notes that at the time of Garner’s death, he was “out on bail after being charged with illegally selling cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession, and false impersonation.”

davidmcbeth

Banned

He deserved a thousand deaths .... please continue ! :banghead::banghead:

How can it be a CRIME to sell a single serving of a smoke?

Land of the free...indeed

utbagpiper

Banned

No, of course not. What a repeat offender who resists arrest deserves is a good butt wooping to convince him that the laws of a civil society apply to all of us and if he doesn't like the laws on taxes or cigarette sales, the proper course is to convince his fellow citizens and/or legislators to change the laws, not to violate them and then resist arrest.

Unfortunately, instead of just a little lesson on civility, he got himself dead. I'm not sure whether to blame the officers using excessive force and/or resorting to force prematurely, or to thank them for cleaning out a bit of the shallow end of the gene pool.

In all fairness, I really do have some concerns about this case. But if you want to resort to bumper-sticker "logic", I can return the favor.

Suicide by cop.

Suicide by cop.

Suicide by cop.

Suicide by cop.

A man with serious health problems chose to resist arrest rather than complying with officers and working it out in court?

Still sounds like suicide by cop to me.

Tragic case, no doubt. But what are we to do if a man is bound and determined to end his own life?

Violate the law, repeatedly, and resist arrest when you know full well you have physical disabilities that make any kind of physical struggle especially dangerous and what I supposed to say when the fully predictable physical struggle results in serious injuries or even death to the person who instigated the struggle?

A society unable or unwilling to enforce its laws, has no laws.

Physical resistance against a cop on the street is tantamount to suicide by cop. Take it to the judge, legislature, or even media.

Charles

Last edited: