Thread: BWW Policy Puts Guns on the Streets!

BWW Policy Puts Guns on the Streets!

From today's Daily Crime Report blog by the Fredericksburg Police Department:

Buffalo Wild Wings, 1638 Carl D Silver Pkwy, 11/19 11/20 11:20 p.m. A patron reported that an unknown person stole a firearm from his vehicle in the parking lot. No suspects or witnesses at this time.

So a great big THANKS to BWW for setting policy that puts guns in the hands of CRIMINALS on the streets!

TFred

Founder's Club Member
    Oh, but TFred don't you know that criminals who break into cars to steal guns are much more trustworthy to have them than customers who abide the signs!

Was the customer copying the cop who left several guns in his range bag, with the cover open, on the passenger seat?

Or did the customer at least try to secure the handgun by locking it in the trunk or using a leashed/tethered in-car vault?

In a perfect world I should be able to leave a dozen Krispy Kremes on the roof of my car without worrying that some cop is going to come by and steal them. But as this is not a perfect world I leave the Krispy Kremes on the floorboard, covered by a page or two of the latest shopper junk mail.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post

So a great big THANKS to BWW for setting policy that puts guns in the hands of CRIMINALS on the streets!

TFred
    Much as I dislike BWW's policy, I can't blame them for the gun being stolen. That customer should have gone to a non-posted restaurant and not given BWW the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Much as I dislike BWW's policy, I can't blame them for the gun being stolen. That customer should have gone to a non-posted restaurant and not given BWW the money.
    Why blame the victim? That's no better than the gun-grabbers who push laws requiring the victims of gun theft to report within certain time frames, or face criminal charges themselves!

It's not always simply a matter of choosing. Sometimes you're with a group of folks and the choice of venues is out of your control.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Why blame the victim? That's no better than the gun-grabbers who push laws requiring the victims of gun theft to report within certain time frames, or face criminal charges themselves!

It's not always simply a matter of choosing. Sometimes you're with a group of folks and the choice of venues is out of your control.

TFred
    I don't know if anybody is yet blaming the guy whose gun was stolen. But there does seem to be a lot of discussion questioning what he did to secure the gun and how it was stolen (smash & grab off the seat, out of the glovebox, or from a locked trunk). Inquring minds want to know if he needs to share some of the blame. Others seem to be trying to suggest ways others can try to avoid the same thing happening to them.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Come on TFred what I'm mainly driving at is that the guy should have chosen a restaurant where his gun could be on his hip where it belongs. B Dub's can go to Hades for their anti-gun policy.

I also feel his pain because I once had a long gun stolen out of a heavy duty lock box mounted in the bed of my pickup truck. It took a darn good pry bar to get the box open. And I was parked smack dab in an entertainment district frequently patrolled by cops. The thief was likely looking for tools to pawn for drug money and hit the jackpot! Back then I'd put a gun in that box the night before a range trip, so my neighbors didn't see what I was up to in the morning. Sometimes it just ain't your day/night.
    Last edited by Brian D.; 11-22-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    I agree. The blame is still with the bad guy, of course, but the fact is that the good guy accepted a risk of this imperfect society, and compounded it by patronizing a restaurant that does not respect him, disarmed himself, and left his weapon unattended.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I agree. The blame is still with the bad guy, of course, but the fact is that the good guy accepted a risk of this imperfect society, and compounded it by patronizing a restaurant that does not respect him, disarmed himself, and left his weapon unattended.

1+ for both of you..

It's not there's no place else he could have patronized.

There's a possibility he was with someone that didn't want to leave etc...
    Imho, you got to let the folks that travel with you know, we might be going somewhere else if there's a GUNBUSTER sign posted or asked to disarm.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin