Thread: Wisconsin departments differ on concealed-weapons permits for felons with expungement

Wisconsin departments differ on concealed-weapons permits for felons with expungement

The state Department of Justice has a policy of issuing concealed-weapons permits to felons whose criminal records have been erased by court order — a situation that is not allowed under state law, according to nonpartisan attorneys for the Legislature.
    [ ... ] But Van Hollen's Department of Justice contends permits can also be given to those who have had their criminal records expunged, according to the legislative attorneys.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo...283604801.html

If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of 'felony' as has been done to stressed vets and alleged abusers, not even misdemeanants, not even with due process.

If Wisconsin legislature is to clarify its gun law, then it should be completely rationalized to prohibit guns on any legal adjudication of *violent-battery*, not for being mean or having personal issues. The cusp should be at the level of pulling wings off flies, that might make its way to the supreme court, but spousal battery should be a slam dunk, drunken brawl battery a slam dunk.
    My correspondence here has clarified my thoughts on the issue, thanks.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-23-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.