• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas' Borderland Gun Instructors push for open carry law

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
The El Paso Police Department Chief is very pro 2nd Amendment/RKBA and pro-armed citizen (usually NOT the case with Police Chiefs) -- and a realist re: how it is out there on the streets (plus, he rose through the ranks to become Chief so he started at the bottom...1975, IIRC).

Consequently, I can say with confidence that should TX get OC, I doubt any of the officers of the EPPD will be "harassing" OCers.

Last edited: