Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure that they'll put this guy on trial - bananna gunmen are notorious killers !

Banned

I'm sure that they'll put this guy on trial - bananna gunmen are notorious killers !

http://kdvr.com/2014/11/25/man-arres...rand-junction/

a pair of Mesa County Sheriff’s deputies, both of whom initially believed the piece of fruit was a handgun.

Highly trained employees I see...
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-26-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: rule #19

If a middle finger can be an assault, then surely a banana can also. "Is that a gun in your pocket...............?"
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-26-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

As a former USN SeeBee told a woman cop at a bar I was shooting pool tourney in..."That is your weapon, this is my gun. Yours is for killin', mine is for fun!" while motioning to his, ummm, "downstairs" region.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    If a middle finger can be an assault, then surely a banana can also. "Is that a gun in your pocket...............?"
    SCOTUS said (a few times) that it is protected political speech, especially when done from the rear window of a school bus to cops following in a cruiser.

There is one judge that said pointing your index finger at someone was not brandishing, even if the pointee was never so afraid in his life.

I'm pretty sure that offering fruit to cops is not a crime, even if the offeror does not have a valid business license.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Everyone at the produce section is at risk of a LEO who had one too many coffees that day...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Everyone at the produce section is at risk of a LEO who had one too many coffees that day...
    Don't think it's the coffee that's causing some of these situations. And the guy with the banana was just monkeying around! Maybe he should have pointed a donut at them?
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Don't think it's the coffee that's causing some of these situations. And the guy with the banana was just monkeying around! Maybe he should have pointed a donut at them?
    Point a donut at me and I'm gnawing your hand off to get me some jelly filled goodness.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Point a donut at me and I'm gnawing your hand off to get me some jelly filled goodness.
    Let me get this right----- You are telling us all that you will willingly and gladly commit the crimes of assault and battery to obtain a jelly filled donut?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Let me get this right----- You are telling us all that you will willingly and gladly commit the crimes of assault and battery to obtain a jelly filled donut?
    Its more like mayhem. And I never said willingly or gladly. Donut addiction is an awful disease. It forces you to do awful things like eat peoples hands who are holding donuts. No one said it would be willingly nor gladly. I'd hate myself the whole time I was nibbling on his hand. I'd be trying my hardest not to chew through his cuticles to get to the sugary sweetness beneath.

I literally just laughed out loud.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Centurion
    Well, now, I am greatly concerned that someone so marginally in control of your physical actions as you have just described yourself is employed as an armed LawEnforcment Officer>
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Well, now, I am greatly concerned that someone so marginally in control of your physical actions as you have just described yourself is employed as an armed LawEnforcment Officer>
    I'm good. Really. Just don't wave donuts in my face. Stick to bananas. Lol

Plus I'm a firefighter not a "armed law enforcement officer". Im not smart enough to be a cop so I chose to hang out in the firestation with a bunch of other dudes. Cops are my heros.

Centurion
    Plus I'm a firefighter not a "armed law enforcement officer". Im not smart enough to be a cop so I chose to hang out in the firestation with a bunch of other dudes. Cops are my heros.
    Per previous posting made by you when you claimed a location in Massachusets you were a LEO---- Did you voluntarily change professions or was it as a result of some disciplinary action?

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Per previous posting made by you when you claimed a location in Massachusets you were a LEO---- Did you voluntarily change professions or was it as a result of some disciplinary action?
    Voluntary. I realized I couldn't hack it on the streets any more and preferred a cushy warm fire station and wasking my perty truck instead of going on patrol. Plus that donut addiction thing man...

(I love my "fellow" firefighters no offense meant its all out of love )
    Last edited by Primus; 11-27-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Centurion
    Voluntary. I realized I couldn't hack it on the streets any more and preferred a cushy warm fire station and wasking my perty truck instead of going on patrol. Plus that donut addiction thing man...

(I love my "fellow" firefighters no offense meant its all out of love )
    Ending as I much prefer HONEST communication!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Ending as I much prefer HONEST communication!
    Ok... Night shnookums. Happy Thanksgiving!

IMO firefighters are more hero than any cops out there. Cops are out there trained to take lives. Firefighters are willing to put their on the line to make sure someone can actually live.

It takes a certain quality in a person to be willing to do that. This reminds me of a video where a highway trooper was choking an EMT after pulling them over for not yielding to the trooper. Kinda hard to do when you're on an emergent call. IIRC that was OH.

Primus, people like you are the real heroes. :salute:

Anyhow, BTDT. 13-1/2 years.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

So much for broad brushing

There have been those that criticized or reacted negatively to Primus when they perceived him to be a LEO. Will those now reevaluate? He has consistently been the same person throughout.

He should be received in an open manner regardless.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    There have been those that criticized or reacted negatively to Primus when they perceived him to be a LEO. Will those now reevaluate? He has consistently been the same person throughout.

I have not changed my opinion of him upon learning that he is now a firefighter. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DTdWA-GQ-g...est+Donkey.jpg

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Well IF he lied about being a cop, why should I believe him now? I, for one, will NOT reevaluate, once a tiny donkey, always a tiny donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    IMO firefighters are more hero than any cops out there. Cops are out there trained to take lives. Firefighters are willing to put their on the line to make sure someone can actually live.

It takes a certain quality in a person to be willing to do that. This reminds me of a video where a highway trooper was choking an EMT after pulling them over for not yielding to the trooper. Kinda hard to do when you're on an emergent call. IIRC that was OH.

Primus, people like you are the real heroes. :salute:

Anyhow, BTDT. 13-1/2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I have not changed my opinion of him upon learning that he is now a firefighter. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DTdWA-GQ-g...est+Donkey.jpg

stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Well IF he lied about being a cop, why should I believe him now? I, for one, will NOT reevaluate, once a tiny donkey, always a tiny donkey.
    Guys... You realize I was completely kidding right?

And again I'll clarify I have no qualms with firefighters. They are good dudes. Its a friendly jab no more no less.

It was an attempt to see his far along a poster would actually talk to me about me eating someone's hand off for a donut. That should have been a clue right there...

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Egg meet face
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Sounds like a zombie to me...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Sounds like a zombie to me.
    Dissemble, dissimulate and divert, good words to understand.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Egg meet face
    Such silliness ... this thread has

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast