Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Texas OC shadows Ferguson Protest Group

  1. #1
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597

    Texas OC shadows Ferguson Protest Group

    keeping a watchful eye on property rights
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...eported-video/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  2. #2
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    From what I've heard, everyone was pleasant to one another. Reminds me of some saying about armed societies being polite societies...
    Advocate freedom please

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    This is just wrong on so many levels - even though I support and encourage the notion behind it.

    No matter how you slice it, TOC ends up looking like vigilantes hoping for a chance to use their guns. Or like New Black Panthers intimidating the daylights out of folks so they do not express their true feelings.

    If anybody had asked me, I would have suggested that they act more like the few folks in Fergustan who stood in front of their property in case trouble came looking for them, rather than following behind looking to see if trouble would take place.

    As the new politispeak goes, it's all about the optics.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  4. #4
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    This is just wrong on so many levels - even though I support and encourage the notion behind it.

    No matter how you slice it, TOC ends up looking like vigilantes hoping for a chance to use their guns. Or like New Black Panthers intimidating the daylights out of folks so they do not express their true feelings.

    If anybody had asked me, I would have suggested that they act more like the few folks in Fergustan who stood in front of their property in case trouble came looking for them, rather than following behind looking to see if trouble would take place.

    As the new politispeak goes, it's all about the optics.

    stay safe.
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find it's way because these people will not accept less.
    Advocate freedom please

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find it's way because these people will not accept less.
    +1

    I could not have said it better myself. More of the same...

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    7 - You may desire to attend one of the demonstrations as a protest against statism. Do you honestly believe that your protest - one significantly different from what everybody else is protesting, will even be noticed?
    Last edited by The Truth; 11-27-2014 at 10:37 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  6. #6
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    LGOC has been normalized to the point that this is possible without even the local media trying to spin it negatively but without fail even gun rights advocates are dropping a victory and success in their hands like a hot potato, marring it. Not speaking of Skidmark specifically, I hope this doesn't and won't apply to him. The only way this looks bad is with blinders on. Take 'em off. So far the only people I've seen with them on are gun rights advocates. That's all I have to say for now.
    Advocate freedom please

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    58
    It certainly was nice of all those folks to spend their time to make sure that no-one harmed the protesters.
    Just needs to be spun the other way.
    After all, all those racist and brutal, civil right violating, (sarc) cops are out there.

  8. #8
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    This is just wrong on so many levels -
    even the subliminal - the reporter says the TOC was 'shadowing' the protestors....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    This is just wrong on so many levels - even though I support and encourage the notion behind it.

    No matter how you slice it, TOC ends up looking like vigilantes hoping for a chance to use their guns. Or like New Black Panthers intimidating the daylights out of folks so they do not express their true feelings.
    I agree. I had the same reaction, and also to the reports of Oathkeepers doing the same. True oath keepers would stand between the police and the protestors.

  10. #10
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    From what I've read, that's what the Oathkeepers are doing, and the cops want them out. But they won't leave. I debated posting a thread about this article, but here it is.

    http://fox2now.com/2014/12/02/fergus...security-team/
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •