• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas OC shadows Ferguson Protest Group

stealthyeliminator

From what I've heard, everyone was pleasant to one another. Reminds me of some saying about armed societies being polite societies...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
This is just wrong on so many levels - even though I support and encourage the notion behind it.

No matter how you slice it, TOC ends up looking like vigilantes hoping for a chance to use their guns. Or like New Black Panthers intimidating the daylights out of folks so they do not express their true feelings.

If anybody had asked me, I would have suggested that they act more like the few folks in Fergustan who stood in front of their property in case trouble came looking for them, rather than following behind looking to see if trouble would take place.

As the new politispeak goes, it's all about the optics.

stay safe.

stealthyeliminator

This is just wrong on so many levels - even though I support and encourage the notion behind it.

No matter how you slice it, TOC ends up looking like vigilantes hoping for a chance to use their guns. Or like New Black Panthers intimidating the daylights out of folks so they do not express their true feelings.

If anybody had asked me, I would have suggested that they act more like the few folks in Fergustan who stood in front of their property in case trouble came looking for them, rather than following behind looking to see if trouble would take place.

As the new politispeak goes, it's all about the optics.

stay safe.

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find it's way because these people will not accept less.

The Truth

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find it's way because these people will not accept less.

+1

I could not have said it better myself. More of the same...

skidmark said:
7 - You may desire to attend one of the demonstrations as a protest against statism. Do you honestly believe that your protest - one significantly different from what everybody else is protesting, will even be noticed?

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

LGOC has been normalized to the point that this is possible without even the local media trying to spin it negatively but without fail even gun rights advocates are dropping a victory and success in their hands like a hot potato, marring it. Not speaking of Skidmark specifically, I hope this doesn't and won't apply to him. The only way this looks bad is with blinders on. Take 'em off. So far the only people I've seen with them on are gun rights advocates. That's all I have to say for now.

hovercat

It certainly was nice of all those folks to spend their time to make sure that no-one harmed the protesters.
Just needs to be spun the other way.
After all, all those racist and brutal, civil right violating, (sarc) cops are out there.

KBCraig

I agree. I had the same reaction, and also to the reports of Oathkeepers doing the same. True oath keepers would stand between the police and the protestors.