Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec 13th Rally at the Capital?

Dec 13th Rally at the Capital?

Is anyone going? I didn't see anything on the WA forum? what is the general consensus on the I will not comply Rally? I also saw that there were 2 pro gun rally's on the capital grounds that day which kept the I will not comply rally from obtaining a permit? My apologies if this has already been covered.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by divedog View Post
    Is anyone going? I didn't see anything on the WA forum? what is the general consensus on the I will not comply Rally? I also saw that there were 2 pro gun rally's on the capital grounds that day which kept the I will not comply rally from obtaining a permit? My apologies if this has already been covered.
    lotsa of folks, including me, from OCDO are planning to be there..
    Also another 6,300+ have said they will come!
    Visit their fazebook page for the official lowdown..

https://www.facebook.com/events/788109621237033/
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by divedog View Post
    If I heard correctly, Gavin Seim refused to get a permit so another org did to make sure they weren't kicked off the grounds.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

So we need a permit to protest now...?
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    So we need a permit to protest now...?
    Not that you need a permit to protest, you need a permit so someone else does not show up and kick you off the grounds. The Gun Rights Coalition secured the permit as Gavin was not willing to get one, then made us out like we were trying to take over.
    I was to run the audio gear as I usually do but got told I was no longer needed. I will be attending but not involved.

I still think this is a mistake.

WSP has said they will not arrest people for handing each other guns. My guess is this is because of the huge volume of people showing and not because of their lame, fake statement that they don't consider that to be a "transfer" despite 594 explicitly saying it is. This will backfire badly with WAGR and MDA proclaiming "see, we told you so that handing someone a gun isn't a transfer" all because WSP never had any plans on trying to overcome the crazy logistics of trying to arrest several thousand non-violent lawbreakers at a demonstration.

When police DO come for people exchanging weapons it will be one at a time quietly two or three years from now if the law is still standing by then.
    Last edited by Alpine; 11-30-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Alpine, please clarify. This "mistake" appears to be a blanket statement. Are you disagreeing with the "handing weapons around" or the whole idea of an armed rally?

Just curious. Personally, I don't intend to be handing guns around with strangers.
    But I assure you, I'm always well-armed, and I will visit the capitol whenever I damn well please - even if there are hundreds of "gun nuts" there!

I still have not heard anyone insist that passing guns around will be mandatory. One more way to divide the gun owners, I guess.

OK
    Last edited by O_Kellogg; 11-30-2014 at 01:15 PM.

See my statement about WSP's statement?

I was referring to the mass exchanging. This will bite us in the butt.
    Last edited by Alpine; 11-30-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Most likely.

From the rumblings I've heard though, most attendees won't be exchanging...
    I can think of at least 6 other reasons not to attend. Pick a good one.

I'll be there.

OK

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I think it can help the individual, when they go after the individual, the individual can point to the large demonstration were the state did nothing.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I think it can help the individual, when they go after the individual, the individual can point to the large demonstration were the state did nothing.
    This will be very much like the ATT. It will sit and lie in wait until some unsuspecting Legally Armed Citizen pays for this mistake. It will not be the LEOs pushing this, it will be prosecutors and legislators.

This takes effect on thursday.......has anyone written up the "rules" or will we just step in it and find out what happens?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    This will be very much like the ATT. It will sit and lie in wait until some unsuspecting Legally Armed Citizen pays for this mistake. It will not be the LEOs pushing this, it will be prosecutors and legislators.

This takes effect on thursday.......has anyone written up the "rules" or will we just step in it and find out what happens?
    My plan is to carry my every day loaded gun on my hip, just as always..

And,,, a unloaded junk gun, that no one knows belongs to me, in a belt slider on the other hip.
    If,,, it seems like a good idea to pass one around, it will be the junk gun.
    If the cops rush us or otherwise try do something to jam us up for the transfer thing,
    I may just leave that junk gun where ever it is, and walk away!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

WSP not arresting several thousand people will NOT set a precedent. WSP aren't prosecutors. Besides, when you have a crowd of several thousand people breaking the law non-violently they are almost NEVER arrested because.... it's a crowd of several thousand!

WSP not arresting several thousand people will NOT set a precedent. WSP aren't prosecutors. Besides, when you have a crowd of several thousand people breaking the law non-violently they are almost NEVER arrested because.... it's a crowd of several thousand!
    Who said it will set a precedent?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

Prosecutors and cops are in bed together. Elfo won't do anything about our prosecutors illegal activities, BPD who tend to be political beasts following their progressive masters. I don't trust them not to push this or look for excuses to use this law against people they don't like.

I will be there!

Also it is my understanding that some folks are setting up tables to actually buy/sell/trade guns there, not just hand them back and forth.

I think this Rally is great and I wish more people took it seriously and would take a stand!

I'm not sure where I read it, but I think selling anything on Capitol grounds is not allowed. I will probably show up since I don't have to be at work till 3:30, but that Gavin guy makes me a little hesitant. I have been attending the regular 2A annual events there in the past, and have donated money to the NO on 594 campaign, and as another fine member has stated "citizenship is a verb" and have done what I can. That Gavin guy may not be the "best" representative for our cause.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I'm not sure where I read it, but I think selling anything on Capitol grounds is not allowed. I will probably show up since I don't have to be at work till 3:30, but that Gavin guy makes me a little hesitant. I have been attending the regular 2A annual events there in the past, and have donated money to the NO on 594 campaign, and as another fine member has stated "citizenship is a verb" and have done what I can. That Gavin guy may not be the "best" representative for our cause.
    I agree that he might not be the "best" to represent the cause, but I have a lot of respect for the stand he has taken. Nobody else is doing anything. It is up the people to actually say enough is enough, and that is what we are doing, starting with this rally.

Seems to me like the majority of gun owners in WA are going to just roll over and accept i594 as law and comply with it, hoping it will be overturned in court. Think our fore father's would have taken that approach? Not a chance.

Looking forward to Saturday!

Mike Vanderboegh will be there. That alone is enough reason to go.
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

I'll be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carpool from Tacoma? Leaving from the 72nd St Winco. We have room for two.

How did the rally go? Any arrest or problems?

Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    How did the rally go? Any arrest or problems?
    No arrest, no problems. As with our usual annual 2A rally the State patrol guys were friendly, and professional.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 12-14-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

WSP has said they will not arrest people for handing each other guns. My guess is this is because of the huge volume of people showing and not because of their lame, fake statement that they don't consider that to be a "transfer" despite 594 explicitly saying it is. This will backfire badly with WAGR and MDA proclaiming "see, we told you so that handing someone a gun isn't a transfer" all because WSP never had any plans on trying to overcome the crazy logistics of trying to arrest several thousand non-violent lawbreakers at a demonstration.

When police DO come for people exchanging weapons it will be one at a time quietly two or three years from now if the law is still standing by then.
    Cops don't arrest pot smokers at Hemp Fest either.

But they sure do at other times/places.

Universal application of the law grinds the system to a halt -- so they use it to send messages, and use it to target minority populations and poor populations.

This is going to make fighting 594 tougher. When the first people arrested for handing each other guns happens, the 594 pushers will point to all the photos and news articles about this rally and say "oh it couldn't have been they were arrested for merely that, it must have been something else, " and blow smoke and continue to insist that handing a gun to someone is not a crime.

Did you guys see the pamphlets that the wagr was handing out? It was the most deceptive and dumbed down attempt to interpret 594 I've ever seen. Big block pictures with "ok" or "not ok" after them. And of course they ignored the bulk of the 18 pages on stuff like inheritance, taxes, etc. They also lied badly about the exceptions.

Don't get me wrong, I like gun rallies at the capitol, but the handing guns to each other back and forth with no arrests happening from it will backfire on us badly when cops DO eventually selectively enforce it.
    Last edited by Alpine; 12-14-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast