• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dec 13th Rally at the Capital?

divedog

Is anyone going? I didn't see anything on the WA forum? what is the general consensus on the I will not comply Rally? I also saw that there were 2 pro gun rally's on the capital grounds that day which kept the I will not comply rally from obtaining a permit? My apologies if this has already been covered.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Is anyone going? I didn't see anything on the WA forum? what is the general consensus on the I will not comply Rally? I also saw that there were 2 pro gun rally's on the capital grounds that day which kept the I will not comply rally from obtaining a permit? My apologies if this has already been covered.

lotsa of folks, including me, from OCDO are planning to be there..
Also another 6,300+ have said they will come!
Visit their fazebook page for the official lowdown..

https://www.facebook.com/events/788109621237033/

Geerolla

If I heard correctly, Gavin Seim refused to get a permit so another org did to make sure they weren't kicked off the grounds.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Bill Starks

State Researcher
So we need a permit to protest now...?

Not that you need a permit to protest, you need a permit so someone else does not show up and kick you off the grounds. The Gun Rights Coalition secured the permit as Gavin was not willing to get one, then made us out like we were trying to take over.
I was to run the audio gear as I usually do but got told I was no longer needed. I will be attending but not involved.

Alpine

I still think this is a mistake.

WSP has said they will not arrest people for handing each other guns. My guess is this is because of the huge volume of people showing and not because of their lame, fake statement that they don't consider that to be a "transfer" despite 594 explicitly saying it is. This will backfire badly with WAGR and MDA proclaiming "see, we told you so that handing someone a gun isn't a transfer" all because WSP never had any plans on trying to overcome the crazy logistics of trying to arrest several thousand non-violent lawbreakers at a demonstration.

When police DO come for people exchanging weapons it will be one at a time quietly two or three years from now if the law is still standing by then.

Last edited:

O_Kellogg

I still think this is a mistake.

Alpine, please clarify. This "mistake" appears to be a blanket statement. Are you disagreeing with the "handing weapons around" or the whole idea of an armed rally?

Just curious. Personally, I don't intend to be handing guns around with strangers.
But I assure you, I'm always well-armed, and I will visit the capitol whenever I damn well please - even if there are hundreds of "gun nuts" there!

I still have not heard anyone insist that passing guns around will be mandatory. One more way to divide the gun owners, I guess.

OK

Last edited:

Alpine

See my statement about WSP's statement?

I was referring to the mass exchanging. This will bite us in the butt.

Last edited:

O_Kellogg

Most likely.

From the rumblings I've heard though, most attendees won't be exchanging...
I can think of at least 6 other reasons not to attend. Pick a good one.:)

I'll be there.

OK

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I think it can help the individual, when they go after the individual, the individual can point to the large demonstration were the state did nothing.

This will be very much like the ATT. It will sit and lie in wait until some unsuspecting Legally Armed Citizen pays for this mistake. It will not be the LEOs pushing this, it will be prosecutors and legislators.

This takes effect on thursday.......has anyone written up the "rules" or will we just step in it and find out what happens?

1245A Defender

Well,,,

This will be very much like the ATT. It will sit and lie in wait until some unsuspecting Legally Armed Citizen pays for this mistake. It will not be the LEOs pushing this, it will be prosecutors and legislators.

This takes effect on thursday.......has anyone written up the "rules" or will we just step in it and find out what happens?

My plan is to carry my every day loaded gun on my hip, just as always..

And,,, a unloaded junk gun, that no one knows belongs to me, in a belt slider on the other hip.
If,,, it seems like a good idea to pass one around, it will be the junk gun.
If the cops rush us or otherwise try do something to jam us up for the transfer thing,
I may just leave that junk gun where ever it is, and walk away!

Alpine

WSP not arresting several thousand people will NOT set a precedent. WSP aren't prosecutors. Besides, when you have a crowd of several thousand people breaking the law non-violently they are almost NEVER arrested because.... it's a crowd of several thousand!

sudden valley gunner

WSP not arresting several thousand people will NOT set a precedent. WSP aren't prosecutors. Besides, when you have a crowd of several thousand people breaking the law non-violently they are almost NEVER arrested because.... it's a crowd of several thousand!

Who said it will set a precedent?

sudden valley gunner

Prosecutors and cops are in bed together. Elfo won't do anything about our prosecutors illegal activities, BPD who tend to be political beasts following their progressive masters. I don't trust them not to push this or look for excuses to use this law against people they don't like.

sirtirithon

I will be there!

Also it is my understanding that some folks are setting up tables to actually buy/sell/trade guns there, not just hand them back and forth.

I think this Rally is great and I wish more people took it seriously and would take a stand!

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I'm not sure where I read it, but I think selling anything on Capitol grounds is not allowed. I will probably show up since I don't have to be at work till 3:30, but that Gavin guy makes me a little hesitant. I have been attending the regular 2A annual events there in the past, and have donated money to the NO on 594 campaign, and as another fine member has stated "citizenship is a verb" and have done what I can. That Gavin guy may not be the "best" representative for our cause.

sirtirithon

I'm not sure where I read it, but I think selling anything on Capitol grounds is not allowed. I will probably show up since I don't have to be at work till 3:30, but that Gavin guy makes me a little hesitant. I have been attending the regular 2A annual events there in the past, and have donated money to the NO on 594 campaign, and as another fine member has stated "citizenship is a verb" and have done what I can. That Gavin guy may not be the "best" representative for our cause.

I agree that he might not be the "best" to represent the cause, but I have a lot of respect for the stand he has taken. Nobody else is doing anything. It is up the people to actually say enough is enough, and that is what we are doing, starting with this rally.

Seems to me like the majority of gun owners in WA are going to just roll over and accept i594 as law and comply with it, hoping it will be overturned in court. Think our fore father's would have taken that approach? Not a chance.

Looking forward to Saturday!