Thread: Why Darren Wilsons gun went "click click bang"

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Why Darren Wilsons gun went "click click bang"

Most of you already know the answer, but it never hurts to share information for those that don't.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Jefferson County, CO
    Actually, I did not know the answer to that (I haven't used many SIGs). I do appreciate the link to the video.

If I may cover some more of my ignorance, it seems to me the "click, click" operation like the SIG would happen on DAO guns, rather than SAO guns (since there's still hammer movement in the DAO). Is that accurate?

North Carolina
    Just about any SA handgun will not fire if pushed up against a surface, it puts the gun out of battery. Just holding the slide may stop the gun from cycling but it will not put the gun out of battery. I am just guessing but I would say DW had the gun pressed against the door panel, either before MB tried to grab it or after he tried to grab it. I grab any of my guns, by the barrel, and I will have my hand on the spring shroud as well as the slide. Now either DW is just confused or MB was actually trying to block the gun, not grab it, or DW already had the gun drawn as MB approached pushed against the door panel.

I read his testimony and it is an embarrassment for a police officer. He indulges in hyperbole, and his version of the events leave no doubt he is incompetent.

DW testified that;

He was in a dangerous neighborhood
    He noticed that MB was a very large person before any contact
    That initial contact MB used offensive profanity towards DW
    Darren Wilson called MB to his vehicle with the window down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."