Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: How fast?

  1. #1
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279

    How fast?

    Just how fast does a person have to be to kick up a cloud of dust behind them on a paved street.

    "I see him start to run and i see a cloud of dust behind him" Darren Wilson testimony



    Hulk Hogan mated with the Flash and the result was Michael Brown.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  2. #2
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Just how fast does a person have to be to kick up a cloud of dust behind them on a paved street.

    "I see him start to run and i see a cloud of dust behind him" Darren Wilson testimony



    Hulk Hogan mated with the Flash and the result was Michael Brown.
    Too many unidentified or unquantified variables to answer this query---- just two to begin with here--- First, How far from any construction zones where dirt might be taken to this specific location? And, last, how long since it last rained at that location prior to the specified incident?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Well I have been on football fields, and track fields in my Pyramid years of life. Never saw any clouds of dust. I have seen clouds of dust at oval race tracks of the paved type, when vehicles exceeded 150 MPH. So in my estimate Mike Brown was running at least 150 miles per hour.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    0.01 inch depending on where you were on August 9. The area, St Louis, received a little over 3 inches of rain the previous three days. The street, being concrete, should have been washed clean by the rain.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    0.01 inch depending on where you were on August 9. The area, St Louis, received a little over 3 inches of rain the previous three days. The street, being concrete, should have been washed clean by the rain.
    U saying even no dirt for any dust to be possible.

    Everything he said was the gods honest truth (in the opinion of his lawyer)

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    U saying even no dirt for any dust to be possible.

    Everything he said was the gods honest truth (in the opinion of his lawyer)
    And more importantly to members of the grand jury.

    Nuff said.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    And more importantly to members of the grand jury.

    Nuff said.
    Apparantly they were snowballed, or the prosecutor looked for the dumbest registered voters he could find.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Apparantly they were snowballed, or the prosecutor looked for the dumbest registered voters he could find.
    Well, the defendant explained how he was with his mother the whole evening watching after her after she caught a cold ... 50 blocks from where the crime was committed. He's a good boy and could not have done the crime.

    waaaa-wa-waaaaa

  9. #9
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    U saying even no dirt for any dust to be possible.

    Everything he said was the gods honest truth (in the opinion of his lawyer)
    The Prosecutor?
    Last edited by The Truth; 12-02-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    And more importantly to members of the grand jury.

    Nuff said.
    Who picked the grand jury? Who allowed and disallowed evidence and info? Who presented their case?

    The modern grand jury in most states are a travesty to justice. Just as much as the modern trial jury process is horrible.

    The prosecutor should have no say in the jury.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Apparantly they were snowballed, or the prosecutor looked for the dumbest registered voters he could find.
    Really? You do know that the members of that Grand Jury were already empaneled long before the Wilson/Brown incident, don't you? Snowballed?

    They took months to deliberate on every bit of evidence and (rightly) came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to indict Wilson.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Really? You do know that the members of that Grand Jury were already empaneled long before the Wilson/Brown incident, don't you? Snowballed?

    They took months to deliberate on every bit of evidence and (rightly) came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to indict Wilson.
    Doesn't matter, pick the dumbest voters on the rolls and then simply point them any direction they want.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Really? You do know that the members of that Grand Jury were already empaneled long before the Wilson/Brown incident, don't you? Snowballed?

    They took months to deliberate on every bit of evidence and (rightly) came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to indict Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Doesn't matter, pick the dumbest voters on the rolls and then simply point them any direction they want.
    You certainly must have proof that the members of this grand jury, empaneled before the Ferguson incident, were picked for their stupidity? The court knew this situation was going to happen so they loaded the panel with the dumbest citizens in the jurisdiction? Your statements get more bizarre every day.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    In Missouri, a judge picks the members of the GJ, I think most states are the same in this regard. That judge, whoever he/she is, extended the jurors time to serve in the DW v. MB incident. The GJ is really in charge of the whole process and the prosecutor sort of facilitates the process. A GJ is a travesty of justice because the prosecutor is the only one who presents the evidence to charge, take the citizen to a criminal trial. If the GJ don't know the exculpatory evidence exists they never know to ask for it.

    Amendment V - No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, ...
    A defense lawyer could have exculpatory evidence that indicates that the accused did not meet the requirements of the law he is charged with and as such should not be charged with the crime. The railroaded citizen only gets his chance to present his exculpatory evidence after he has been indicted and is then subject to a criminal trial.

    Where does it say in the Constitution that the GJ proceedings must be secret? Where does it say in the Constitution that both sides do not get to preset their evidence to the GJ? Why are witnesses valued when called by a GJ, but those same witnesses are not valued during a criminal trial.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,165
    Think of a Grand Jury as an extended probable cause hearing rather than a trial. As is usual with committees, even if they are called grand, their purpose is to diffuse responsibility. Note also that a simple majority is sufficient to carry the day in this jury of twenty-three.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  16. #16
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Think of a Grand Jury as an extended probable cause hearing rather than a trial. As is usual with committees, even if they are called grand, their purpose is to diffuse responsibility. Note also that a simple majority is sufficient to carry the day in this jury of twenty-three.
    IIRC, this panel comprised 12 jurors, and 9 votes were necessary to indict.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  17. #17
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    IIRC, this panel comprised 12 jurors, and 9 votes were necessary to indict.
    Nine stupid whites and three minorities, imagine that...

    The hyperbole and embellishments were enough alone to make a two year old take a second look at the credibility of a witness.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  18. #18
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    In Missouri, a judge picks the members of the GJ, I think most states are the same in this regard. That judge, whoever he/she is, extended the jurors time to serve in the DW v. MB incident. The GJ is really in charge of the whole process and the prosecutor sort of facilitates the process. A GJ is a travesty of justice because the prosecutor is the only one who presents the evidence to charge, take the citizen to a criminal trial. If the GJ don't know the exculpatory evidence exists they never know to ask for it.

    A defense lawyer could have exculpatory evidence that indicates that the accused did not meet the requirements of the law he is charged with and as such should not be charged with the crime. The railroaded citizen only gets his chance to present his exculpatory evidence after he has been indicted and is then subject to a criminal trial.

    Where does it say in the Constitution that the GJ proceedings must be secret? Where does it say in the Constitution that both sides do not get to preset their evidence to the GJ? Why are witnesses valued when called by a GJ, but those same witnesses are not valued during a criminal trial.
    This^
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Now now boys ... the grand jury consisted of people from Missouri ... just because they are from MO does not necessarily mean that they are stupid. I'm sure that there are many people in MO who are smart; just how many of those are just passing through is unknown.

    "does the supreme court trump state law?" .... oh boy ... and the DA could not answer it ...

  20. #20
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Now now boys ... the grand jury consisted of people from Missouri ... just because they are from MO does not necessarily mean that they are stupid. I'm sure that there are many people in MO who are smart; just how many of those are just passing through is unknown.

    "does the supreme court trump state law?" .... oh boy ... and the DA could not answer it ...
    Oh he did though. "You don't need to worry about that..."
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Oh he did though. "You don't need to worry about that..."
    The DA gave an answer ... not did not answer the query.

    If I was a jurist I would have called him on it ....

    It maybe that the jurist asked a question he knew the answer to --- the best kind of question to ask.

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Imagine that? Supporters of the modern day unconstitional proactive policing also have no problems with the modern Gliechshaltung version of justice system and the way juries both grand and petite are now manipulated.


    I like the old Pennyslvania system, two independently elected officials chose the jury from a random pool of people. Grand juries were called to indict public officials too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •