• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How fast?

WalkingWolf

Just how fast does a person have to be to kick up a cloud of dust behind them on a paved street.

"I see him start to run and i see a cloud of dust behind him" Darren Wilson testimony

FLASH%20RUNNING%20BIIIIIIG.jpg

Hulk Hogan mated with the Flash and the result was Michael Brown.:eek:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Just how fast does a person have to be to kick up a cloud of dust behind them on a paved street.

"I see him start to run and i see a cloud of dust behind him" Darren Wilson testimony

FLASH%20RUNNING%20BIIIIIIG.jpg

Hulk Hogan mated with the Flash and the result was Michael Brown.:eek:

Too many unidentified or unquantified variables to answer this query---- just two to begin with here--- First, How far from any construction zones where dirt might be taken to this specific location? And, last, how long since it last rained at that location prior to the specified incident?

WalkingWolf

Well I have been on football fields, and track fields in my Pyramid years of life. Never saw any clouds of dust. I have seen clouds of dust at oval race tracks of the paved type, when vehicles exceeded 150 MPH. So in my estimate Mike Brown was running at least 150 miles per hour.

OC for ME

0.01 inch depending on where you were on August 9. The area, St Louis, received a little over 3 inches of rain the previous three days. The street, being concrete, should have been washed clean by the rain.

davidmcbeth

Banned
0.01 inch depending on where you were on August 9. The area, St Louis, received a little over 3 inches of rain the previous three days. The street, being concrete, should have been washed clean by the rain.

U saying even no dirt for any dust to be possible.

Everything he said was the gods honest truth (in the opinion of his lawyer)

davidmcbeth

Banned
Apparantly they were snowballed, or the prosecutor looked for the dumbest registered voters he could find.

Well, the defendant explained how he was with his mother the whole evening watching after her after she caught a cold ... 50 blocks from where the crime was committed. He's a good boy and could not have done the crime.

waaaa-wa-waaaaa

sudden valley gunner

And more importantly to members of the grand jury.

Nuff said.

Who picked the grand jury? Who allowed and disallowed evidence and info? Who presented their case?

The modern grand jury in most states are a travesty to justice. Just as much as the modern trial jury process is horrible.

The prosecutor should have no say in the jury.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Apparantly they were snowballed, or the prosecutor looked for the dumbest registered voters he could find.

Really? You do know that the members of that Grand Jury were already empaneled long before the Wilson/Brown incident, don't you? Snowballed?

They took months to deliberate on every bit of evidence and (rightly) came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to indict Wilson.

WalkingWolf

Really? You do know that the members of that Grand Jury were already empaneled long before the Wilson/Brown incident, don't you? Snowballed?

They took months to deliberate on every bit of evidence and (rightly) came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to indict Wilson.

Doesn't matter, pick the dumbest voters on the rolls and then simply point them any direction they want.

JamesCanby

Activist Member

Doesn't matter, pick the dumbest voters on the rolls and then simply point them any direction they want.

You certainly must have proof that the members of this grand jury, empaneled before the Ferguson incident, were picked for their stupidity? The court knew this situation was going to happen so they loaded the panel with the dumbest citizens in the jurisdiction? Your statements get more bizarre every day.

OC for ME

In Missouri, a judge picks the members of the GJ, I think most states are the same in this regard. That judge, whoever he/she is, extended the jurors time to serve in the DW v. MB incident. The GJ is really in charge of the whole process and the prosecutor sort of facilitates the process. A GJ is a travesty of justice because the prosecutor is the only one who presents the evidence to charge, take the citizen to a criminal trial. If the GJ don't know the exculpatory evidence exists they never know to ask for it.

Amendment V - No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, ...
A defense lawyer could have exculpatory evidence that indicates that the accused did not meet the requirements of the law he is charged with and as such should not be charged with the crime. The railroaded citizen only gets his chance to present his exculpatory evidence after he has been indicted and is then subject to a criminal trial.

Where does it say in the Constitution that the GJ proceedings must be secret? Where does it say in the Constitution that both sides do not get to preset their evidence to the GJ? Why are witnesses valued when called by a GJ, but those same witnesses are not valued during a criminal trial.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Think of a Grand Jury as an extended probable cause hearing rather than a trial. As is usual with committees, even if they are called grand, their purpose is to diffuse responsibility. Note also that a simple majority is sufficient to carry the day in this jury of twenty-three.

IIRC, this panel comprised 12 jurors, and 9 votes were necessary to indict.

WalkingWolf

IIRC, this panel comprised 12 jurors, and 9 votes were necessary to indict.

Nine stupid whites and three minorities, imagine that...

The hyperbole and embellishments were enough alone to make a two year old take a second look at the credibility of a witness.

The Truth

In Missouri, a judge picks the members of the GJ, I think most states are the same in this regard. That judge, whoever he/she is, extended the jurors time to serve in the DW v. MB incident. The GJ is really in charge of the whole process and the prosecutor sort of facilitates the process. A GJ is a travesty of justice because the prosecutor is the only one who presents the evidence to charge, take the citizen to a criminal trial. If the GJ don't know the exculpatory evidence exists they never know to ask for it.

A defense lawyer could have exculpatory evidence that indicates that the accused did not meet the requirements of the law he is charged with and as such should not be charged with the crime. The railroaded citizen only gets his chance to present his exculpatory evidence after he has been indicted and is then subject to a criminal trial.

Where does it say in the Constitution that the GJ proceedings must be secret? Where does it say in the Constitution that both sides do not get to preset their evidence to the GJ? Why are witnesses valued when called by a GJ, but those same witnesses are not valued during a criminal trial.

This^

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now now boys ... the grand jury consisted of people from Missouri ... just because they are from MO does not necessarily mean that they are stupid. I'm sure that there are many people in MO who are smart; just how many of those are just passing through is unknown.

"does the supreme court trump state law?" .... oh boy ... and the DA could not answer it ...

The Truth

Now now boys ... the grand jury consisted of people from Missouri ... just because they are from MO does not necessarily mean that they are stupid. I'm sure that there are many people in MO who are smart; just how many of those are just passing through is unknown.

"does the supreme court trump state law?" .... oh boy ... and the DA could not answer it ...

Oh he did though. "You don't need to worry about that..."

davidmcbeth

Banned
Oh he did though. "You don't need to worry about that..."

The DA gave an answer ... not did not answer the query.

If I was a jurist I would have called him on it ....

It maybe that the jurist asked a question he knew the answer to --- the best kind of question to ask.