• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney

va_tazdad

Say it ain't so?

Not the shining example of "justice" Gerald Poindexter, C/A of Surry County?

The only thing better would be to see him get fired for this!

Christmas came early!

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Don't all of you heartless people understand that Poindexter is simply one more victim of the AAIC (Alcohol-Automotive Industrial Complex), the group that forces weak people to drink and drive so the police and EMTs have something to do to break their boredom?

/sarc

Hopefully we can soon wave goodbye to Poindexter as he exits his position...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
He made a mistake...he crossed the river.

When I was spending so much time there I talked to a James City County Officer about Skid's situation.

He didn't care much for anything in Surry but made a memorable comment:

"If it had happened on this side of the river, it wouldn't have happened"

Poindexter must have forgotten that corruption hadn't spread that direction.

mobeewan

Poindexter being a commonwealth atty has an exemption for the need to be issued a concealed handgun permit:

§ 18.2-308. Carrying concealed weapons; exceptions; penalty.
C. Except as provided in subsection A of § 18.2-308.012, this section shall not apply to:
9. Any attorney for the Commonwealth or assistant attorney for the Commonwealth, wherever such attorney
may travel in the Commonwealth;

It is a class 1 misdemeanor to carry concealed while intoxicated:

§ 18.2-308.012. Prohibited conduct.
A. Any person permitted to carry a concealed handgun who is under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs while
carrying such handgun in a public place is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. ………

It would be interesting if Mr Poindexter was exercising his special privilege at the time.

I wonder if he pointed his finger at anyone.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Good ol' boy justice hopefully will prevail. He is the **** in the punch bowl.

A lot of good people in Surry would not miss him.

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/30/surry-co...rney-arrested-for-dui-after-striking-vehicle/

Day-yum, dawg! His mug shot is worse than mine.

Grapeshot's link says he hit a curb, then went into the car while loading. He was arrested in James City County. According to what could be found way back then the line between the counties is either center of the river or low-water mark on the JCC side. So would that not mean he left the scene of an accident involving property damage that took place in Surry?

stay safe.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Maybe User can represent him.

NAH.

:banana:

OOoooh, now there's a thought! Maybe I could get him a good plea deal, like get the charge amended to attempted murder of the other motorist whose car he tried to knock into the water? I could probably get him a good deal, like, twenty years with fifteen suspended!

2a4all

And Don't Forget the Video

I recall some issue with VDOT video pertaining to Skid's case. It seems that it was overwritten because no one thought that it might be evidence, which required preservation. How convenient for the prosecution.:eek:

It will be interesting to see how the video of Poindexter's incident is treated.:shocker:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I recall some issue with VDOT video pertaining to Skid's case. It seems that it was overwritten because no one thought that it might be evidence, which required preservation. How convenient for the prosecution.:eek:

It will be interesting to see how the video of Poindexter's incident is treated.:shocker:

It was deleted in direct violation of the Virginia Records Retention Law plus the AG made the excuse that it was privileged as national security or some such bulls&(t.

Surry had a problem with all their security video's. Seems when one of User's motions turned up missing, they weren't able to retrieve the security video because no one knew how.

When Grapeshot and I went there to serve the Sheriff with a subpoena concerning the missing motion, it magically appeared on the Deputy Clerk's desk in her locked and empty office, a half hour after we served him.

The Deputy Clerk accused me of putting it in her locked office which the Clerk had told me in a recorded conversation, that no one had a key but her.

BUT...a half hour earlier I videoed the Sheriff demonstrating how his card key unlocked the door.

Last edited: