• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

user

Accomplished Advocate
second thoughts

Not sure I'm going to be up for a five-hour trek through the frozen wasteland just to see Boss Hogg + Al Sharpton + Kingfish do a plea bargain.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No need to become a statistic. Leave your boots by the door and watch Ma Nature in all her glory through your window.

Willing to bet that the court(s) will be closed anyway. I'm sure there will be other opportunities to bear salt for the wounded.

BTW - doesn't James City County/Williamsburg still have pillories? :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Yep! Courts are closed Tuesday.

We'll have to check the records Wednesday to see when it's continued to.

stay safe.

FBrinson

Hearing Information:

Date Time Result
12/09/2014 08:30 AM Continued
02/17/2015 02:00 PM Continued
03/19/2015 02:00 PM

hafnhaf

"BTW - doesn't James City County/Williamsburg still have pillories?"

yep, but they are all the way in downtown CW. I doubt they would want to drive the oxen that far in the snow. cruel and unusual, etc...

btw, those oxen are HUGE when you are looking up at one from a little honda insight. one got away and i almost hit him when he ran across the street in front of me. anti-lock brakes are my friend!

Last edited:

2a4all

"BTW - doesn't James City County/Williamsburg still have pillories?"

yep, but they are all the way in downtown CW. I doubt they would want to drive the oxen that far in the snow. cruel and unusual, etc...

btw, those oxen are HUGE when you are looking up at one from a little honda insight. one got away and i almost hit him when he ran across the street in front of me. anti-lock brakes are my friend!
Hitting him would have done a number on your car. And really pi$$ed him off.

solus

making sure the water in the bucket is extremely cold....bout to throw....

uh, does the bloke have to show up personally or can he be represented by one of them th'r high priced shysters?

handing out towels for everyone to dry off with...no snapping them at me skid or grape.

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
making sure the water in the bucket is extremely cold....bout to throw....

uh, does the bloke have to show up personally or can he be represented by one of them th'r high priced shysters?

handing out towels for everyone to dry off with...no snapping them at me skid or grape.

ipse
Speaking of drying off - the subject has been know to soil himself with a mysterious liquid substance on more than one occasion.

It is one of my fondest wishes that he show up before the judge after having consumed too many adult beverages and proceed to do so....dripping on the courtroom floor. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Continued to 05-14-2015 @ 10:01am

Well, there goes my lunch plans for the 19th.

It's not just justice delayed - it's BBQ delayed. And that, according to Black's Commentaries, is a capital offense.

(Leastwise I'm pretty sure it is. Gotta be in a footnote somewhere.)

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Well, there goes my lunch plans for the 19th.

It's not just justice delayed - it's BBQ delayed. And that, according to Black's Commentaries, is a capital offense.

(Leastwise I'm pretty sure it is. Gotta be in a footnote somewhere.)

stay safe.

And you actually believe justice will bne served upon this drunk driver? ;>) Right.

I doubt anything will be done, allowing him to drive drunk and endanger the public again, and again, and again.......