• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tucker Martin gives advice how GOPers can WIN!!!

Repeater

Oh boy, how to Win!! Goodie. Except, look who's giving advice.

Is there anyone here who likes Tucker Martin? I mean really.

How incompetent can a boob be? Who would seriously take his advice?

He won't except any blame for Gillespie's loss; instead, he boasts how close Ed came to win.

So, here's his advice how to win:

Why the GOP should go to pot
Election Day was great for the Republican Party. The GOP gained at least eight seats to take back the Senate and earned its largest majority in the House of Representatives since 1928. At the state level, Republicans upped the number of governor’s mansions they hold from 29 to 31, a staggering feat. Closer to home, Ed Gillespie, outspent 2-1, almost pulled off the upset of the night with his positive campaign coming within 17,000 votes of defeating incumbent Sen. Mark Warner.

The challenge for Republicans is this: Given current voting and demographic trends, it will only get harder for the party to win the big prize: The White House. Sure, short-term issues and immediate population trends could be temporarily helpful, but the long game says we have to, essentially, adapt or die. That is of course what all successful political parties must do, repeatedly; in politics nothing ever stays the same.

One means by which any party can regain competitiveness is to identify issues that connect with both the party’s philosophy and the new voters the party needs to reach. It’s a matter of marrying the party’s principles to policies that appeal to a broader electorate.

One small opportunity for Republicans could be found in recent efforts to reform marijuana policies.

This Ass-Clown won't even discuss reform of our gun-control laws. He won't allow any candidate to answer VCDL Surveys. He avoids open-carry Virginians like Ebola carriers.

I suppose he will be attending the upcoming Donald Huffman Advance looking for [strike]victims[/strike] clients.

25.jpg

[size=+2]I give great [strike]head[/strike] advice![/size]

Marco

If he and the GOP were to be honest, they would all fire themselves. Than the real conversation can start about how to save the GOP.
Until then the GOP party is nothing but Democrats by a different name.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
But, gosh, I thought his goose was cooked. Or something. I see Jerry bonded out; a free man for now.

Even a personal recognizance bond requires an agreement to not violate the laws of the Commonwealth and to be of the peace. It's not much of a hold unless you have someone looking to cach you. (Eberybody commits 3 felonies every day.)
http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842

Boston civil-liberties lawyer Harvey Silverglate calls his new book "Three Felonies a Day," referring to the number of crimes he estimates the average American now unwittingly commits because of vague laws.
This problem is compounded by a trend that has accelerated since the 1980s for prosecutors to abandon the principle that there can't be a crime without criminal intent.

And Poindexter is a prime example of determining crime without a showing on mens rea.

stay safe.

sidestreet

I'd vote for that!!!

Maybe Tucker can manage Poindexter'ss next campaign?:eek:

especially if they were both promising to campaign in the Bermuda Triangle.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
One means by which any party can regain competitiveness is to identify issues that connect with both the party’s philosophy and the new voters the party needs to reach. It’s a matter of marrying the party’s principles to policies that appeal to a broader electorate.

One small opportunity for Republicans could be found in recent efforts to reform marijuana policies.

Well, this right here is certainly not wrong (correct even).

This is why I refuse to vote GOP as it stands – lesser of two evils be damned. I won't vote for some backwards, immoral prohibitionist, and I won't vote for someone who isn't affirmatively and strongly pro-2A (including OC).

So, right now, I vote libertarian or not at all.

Thundar

Repeater: Tucker = More Libertarians. Why do you disparage Ass-Clowns?

Is there anyone here who likes Tucker Martin? I mean really.

This Ass-Clown won't even discuss reform of our gun-control laws. He won't allow any candidate to answer VCDL Surveys. He avoids open-carry Virginians like Ebola carriers.

]

Repeater,

I am grateful for Tucker Martin. He is one of the biggest recruiting tools that the Libertarian Party of Virginia has.

I think your comment comparing Tucker to Ass Clowns is offensive......to Ass-Clowns.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar