Thread: OC at Police Stations

OC at Police Stations

edit : Found the answer. It is not unlawful, just very unwise.

I thought it was unlawful to OC at a police station .... but I can't find any statute that states such.

RS14:95.6 sets out firearm free zones but then states that the provisions of this Section shall not apply to:

(1) A federal, state, or local law enforcement building.
    Last edited by Glockrunner; 12-02-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Slidell, Louisiana
    It may be unlawful at the local level. Check mnicodes and ordinances.

Unwise? Why?

Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    Unwise? Why?
    My question exactly. What is unwise about Open Carry in a Police Station or anywhere else for that matter? Afraid of being heckled by the civil servants for your choice of holster or model of handgun you have chosen? Maybe they will make jokes about your poor eyesight because of your fiber optic site or laser grip on your pistol. "Hey, what are you gonna add next? A white cane attached to the rail under the barrel? HaHaHa." "Wait...I just have to know, is it true you get the Brownells catalog in braille? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Don't let it bother you. They are just mad because the local Krispy Creme went out of business. Handle your business and leave as soon as it's finished.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League

earth's crust

oooooo.. I'm a so scared ! lol

Unless you are wearing a tee shirt that says "COP KILLER" one should not need to worry

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    I do this quite a bit here in my own AO. I do FOI requests, get forms, a few CPLs and just general info. Never a worry, others have "paved the way", as you will do for those in your neck of the woods.

I was with my big Son while he was getting his concealed license. I had a LEO stop me briefly because he liked my pistol.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington