Thread: HuffPo calls for OC

HuffPo calls for OC

Calling on black men to open-carry in response to excessive force incidents

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-go...usaolp00000592

Banned
    Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every other monster in world history utilized insidiously flawed leaps of logic and grandiose conspiracy theories

Just how did the author think that Mao got into power? Asking pretty please? And he started out with a bunch of farmers ... cannot overthrow a gov't starting with small arms is poppycock~history is replete with just such occurrences.

I think it is interesting that the HuffPo is seeing one of the advantages of open-carry and advocating for OC, whatever the errors on other counts.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    cannot overthrow a gov't starting with small arms is poppycock~history is replete with just such occurrences.
    I suspect that when the lesser armed side outnumbers the other by 100 to 1, even sticks and stones can work. It appears that during the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, 220 fighters with handguns and a few rifles held off 2000 well armed german troops for nearly a month.
    Last edited by PeterNSteinmetz; 12-02-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Thank you for reminding us of our past that is so easily buried in the victors' history.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    I think it is interesting that the HuffPo is seeing one of the advantages of open-carry and advocating for OC, whatever the errors on other counts.

I suspect that when the lesser armed side outnumbers the other by 100 to 1, even sticks and stones can work. It appears that during the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, 220 fighters with handguns and a few rifles held off 2000 well armed german troops for nearly a month.

+1 "whatever the errors" lol

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every other monster in world history utilized insidiously flawed leaps of logic and grandiose conspiracy theories

Just how did the author think that Mao got into power? Asking pretty please? And he started out with a bunch of farmers ... cannot overthrow a gov't starting with small arms is poppycock~history is replete with just such occurrences.

YUP- I seem to remember a bunch of farmers and shopkeepers overthrew the world's most powerful army of the day and won their freedom...... Happened sometime around 1776.

I can't tell if the author is being completely serious, but if so, he gets it (sort of).

Of course, I suspect most "progressives" who agree with the piece will do so in part out of a smug sense of somehow turning our reasoning "against us", but I've been advocating OC for black folks (and all minorities) for as long as I've been a member of this forum, and for at least 2 out of the 3 reasons he gives.
    Last edited by marshaul; 12-02-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Good to see OC go somewhat mainstream. Unfortunate that it takes an issue of this magnitude for people to realize the truth about OC...

Anyone I know that gets robbed/jumped/attacked I'm sure to make them aware of OC here in VA. There is an epidemic of crime on the East End of Richmond and in Church Hill. In fact I've considered organizing an OC walk through the letter/number blocks of Church Hill after 2 of my friends were attacked and robbed on different occasions, one of them was shot in the neck. If the cops won't do anything about it who will?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.