• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HuffPo calls for OC

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every other monster in world history utilized insidiously flawed leaps of logic and grandiose conspiracy theories

Just how did the author think that Mao got into power? Asking pretty please? And he started out with a bunch of farmers ... cannot overthrow a gov't starting with small arms is poppycock~history is replete with just such occurrences.

PeterNSteinmetz

I think it is interesting that the HuffPo is seeing one of the advantages of open-carry and advocating for OC, whatever the errors on other counts.

cannot overthrow a gov't starting with small arms is poppycock~history is replete with just such occurrences.

I suspect that when the lesser armed side outnumbers the other by 100 to 1, even sticks and stones can work. It appears that during the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, 220 fighters with handguns and a few rifles held off 2000 well armed german troops for nearly a month.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think it is interesting that the HuffPo is seeing one of the advantages of open-carry and advocating for OC, whatever the errors on other counts.

I suspect that when the lesser armed side outnumbers the other by 100 to 1, even sticks and stones can work. It appears that during the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, 220 fighters with handguns and a few rifles held off 2000 well armed german troops for nearly a month.

+1 "whatever the errors" lol

F350

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and every other monster in world history utilized insidiously flawed leaps of logic and grandiose conspiracy theories

Just how did the author think that Mao got into power? Asking pretty please? And he started out with a bunch of farmers ... cannot overthrow a gov't starting with small arms is poppycock~history is replete with just such occurrences.

YUP- I seem to remember a bunch of farmers and shopkeepers overthrew the world's most powerful army of the day and won their freedom...... Happened sometime around 1776.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I can't tell if the author is being completely serious, but if so, he gets it (sort of).

Of course, I suspect most "progressives" who agree with the piece will do so in part out of a smug sense of somehow turning our reasoning "against us", but I've been advocating OC for black folks (and all minorities) for as long as I've been a member of this forum, and for at least 2 out of the 3 reasons he gives.

Last edited:

The Truth

Good to see OC go somewhat mainstream. Unfortunate that it takes an issue of this magnitude for people to realize the truth about OC...

Anyone I know that gets robbed/jumped/attacked I'm sure to make them aware of OC here in VA. There is an epidemic of crime on the East End of Richmond and in Church Hill. In fact I've considered organizing an OC walk through the letter/number blocks of Church Hill after 2 of my friends were attacked and robbed on different occasions, one of them was shot in the neck. If the cops won't do anything about it who will?