Thread: The I-594 supporters call for less thinking!!!

The I-594 supporters call for less thinking!!!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/I...284801571.html

The initiative was an example of what the gun-violence prevention movement can accomplish, said Sandy Brown, president of the Center for Gun Responsibility. Riding that momentum, he said the group will pursue a new list of "effective and meaningful policies" that have been shown to protect human life in other states where they've been implemented.

"These policies enshrine the belief that gun responsibility is part and parcel of gun ownership and completely consistent with our Second Amendment rights," he said. "Responsible gun ownership and use, in fact, help protect Second Amendment rights."

When asked if any of the nine people who made the presentation were gun owners, two, including Brown, said they were former gun owners but none currently owned guns.

One of the proposed measures would make an adult who fails to properly store a firearm criminally liable. More than half of the states in the U.S. have such laws, coalition member Rory Graves said.

"We know that easy access to firearms by children dramatically increases the rates of accidental shootings, youth suicide and even mass shootings," she said, adding that the Oct. 24 shooting of Marysville-Pilchuck High School was an example of a tragedy that resulted when a young person took a firearm out of the home. Having a law to hold adults responsible when children get ahold of guns would help ensure that gun-owners act responsibly, she said.
    Look what stupid people being allowed to vote got us and look what more they have planned.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Will this "law" apply to LE?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Will this "law" apply to LE?
    Receiving while on duty, no.

Now you cannot go to a court house and expect to get your pistols back without a background check unless that court follows the law and has a locker.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Dealer means ..........

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Receiving while on duty, no.

Now you cannot go to a court house and expect to get your pistols back without a background check unless that court follows the law and has a locker.
    I cannot think of any courthouse that engages in the "business" of selling firearms. Title 18 chapter 44 section 921 defines dealer and if you are not a "dealer", as per I594 you cannot facilitate a transfer.

If you take your sidearm to the courhouse and they chek it then give it back without an 02 FFL to facilitate the transfer it is an unlawful transfer. The LEO exemption is not written to preclude this.

Mike Hope testified before the legislature last year stating his department in Seattle could not / would not do a NICS check.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    I cannot think of any courthouse that engages in the "business" of selling firearms. Title 18 chapter 44 section 921 defines dealer and if you are not a "dealer", as per I594 you cannot facilitate a transfer.

If you take your sidearm to the courthouse and they check it then give it back without an 02 FFL to facilitate the transfer it is an unlawful transfer. The LEO exemption is not written to preclude this.

Mike Hope testified before the legislature last year stating his department in Seattle could not / would not do a NICS check.

~Whitney
    Thank you for repeating what I said already. (spelling corrects mine, not made to misrepresent original post)