• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The I-594 supporters call for less thinking!!!

Freedom1Man

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Initiative-594-group-calls-for-new-gun-measures-284801571.html

The initiative was an example of what the gun-violence prevention movement can accomplish, said Sandy Brown, president of the Center for Gun Responsibility. Riding that momentum, he said the group will pursue a new list of "effective and meaningful policies" that have been shown to protect human life in other states where they've been implemented.

"These policies enshrine the belief that gun responsibility is part and parcel of gun ownership and completely consistent with our Second Amendment rights," he said. "Responsible gun ownership and use, in fact, help protect Second Amendment rights."

When asked if any of the nine people who made the presentation were gun owners, two, including Brown, said they were former gun owners but none currently owned guns.

One of the proposed measures would make an adult who fails to properly store a firearm criminally liable. More than half of the states in the U.S. have such laws, coalition member Rory Graves said.

"We know that easy access to firearms by children dramatically increases the rates of accidental shootings, youth suicide and even mass shootings," she said, adding that the Oct. 24 shooting of Marysville-Pilchuck High School was an example of a tragedy that resulted when a young person took a firearm out of the home. Having a law to hold adults responsible when children get ahold of guns would help ensure that gun-owners act responsibly, she said.

Look what stupid people being allowed to vote got us and look what more they have planned.

Whitney

Dealer means ..........

Receiving while on duty, no.

Now you cannot go to a court house and expect to get your pistols back without a background check unless that court follows the law and has a locker.

I cannot think of any courthouse that engages in the "business" of selling firearms. Title 18 chapter 44 section 921 defines dealer and if you are not a "dealer", as per I594 you cannot facilitate a transfer.

If you take your sidearm to the courhouse and they chek it then give it back without an 02 FFL to facilitate the transfer it is an unlawful transfer. The LEO exemption is not written to preclude this.

Mike Hope testified before the legislature last year stating his department in Seattle could not / would not do a NICS check.

~Whitney

Freedom1Man

I cannot think of any courthouse that engages in the "business" of selling firearms. Title 18 chapter 44 section 921 defines dealer and if you are not a "dealer", as per I594 you cannot facilitate a transfer.

If you take your sidearm to the courthouse and they check it then give it back without an 02 FFL to facilitate the transfer it is an unlawful transfer. The LEO exemption is not written to preclude this.

Mike Hope testified before the legislature last year stating his department in Seattle could not / would not do a NICS check.

~Whitney

Thank you for repeating what I said already. (spelling corrects mine, not made to misrepresent original post)