• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL LOBBY DAY- January 19, 2015 - 8:30 AM - Richmond

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
WHAT IS "VCDL LOBBY DAY"? This is the day when hundreds and hundreds of gun owners come to the General Assembly building in Richmond (1000 Bank St Richmond, VA 23219) to meet with the Virginia Legislature (our Senators and Delegates). We form small groups around 0830 just outside the building with our legislative agenda and how VCDL stands on bills (Support, Neutral, Don't support) and we ask our reps to VOTE on bills they way WE want them to vote. More information will be posted in JANUARY 2015 - This VIDEO from 2010 is a small example of what Lobby Day is all about: http://vimeo.com/34618841 - Take off work now and plan on coming. Get your Virginia Gun owning friends to Join VCDL now and ALSO plan on coming on 1/19/15!

Car pools, meet ups and rides can be arranged in this thread or on the event FB page at
https://www.facebook.com/events/642160725844066

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wolfhound

Plan to be there!

We have few opportunities to participate as closely in the legislative process. Look your Delegates and Senators in the eye! It is a delightful experience to confront them with your views and wishes regarding legislation and an essential part of maintaining our liberty. No previous experience required, "old hands" will be there to help you every step of the way. Remind the politicians who they work for and that we do watch what they do.

Gosh, this is post 666. Should I worry? Nah.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Numbers do mean something. Come see and be part of grassroots at its best - help make a difference.

Lots of positive socializing + an interesting schedule of speakers at the Bell Tower.

Yes you can carry in the GAB (OC or CC), but only with a permit - special entrance will likely be set up again.

AtackDuck

Ugly

Just got the schedule for my chemo/radiation and of course it's on the 19th...tumor on the tongue and prognosis is good.
I was really looking forward to being there again! I'm going to really miss breakfast at the Riverside Diner. You guys & gals are going to have to eat some massive quantities for me!
And please! somebody do a few bars of "Deliverance" for Saslaw! :banana:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What to do when you don't have a CHP?

Some folks have not gotten around to getting their CHP. Some folks will suddenly discover that their CHP expired the week before. Some folks (with or without a CHP) may want to do an empty-holster protest inside the General Assembly Building. But nobody wants to be downtown unarmed.

Whatchagonna do?

Read http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?128469-Open-Carry-Harrisonburg-Area . That offer may (or may not) be extended to some others.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
VCDL pre-Lobby Day dinner

If you didn't get the VA-ALERT so you could reply to it with your reservation I guess you could send an email to president@vcdl.org

stay safe.

1. VCDL pre-Lobby Day dinner meeting in Richmond on Sunday, Jan. 18th - RSVPs needed

VCDL is going to have a pre-Lobby Day dinner meeting in Richmond on Sunday, January 18th at 7 PM at the Crowne Plaza Richmond hotel.

http://www.crowneplaza.com/hotels/us/en/richmond/riccs/hoteldetail

It will be a buffet-style dinner in a room that will hold 50 people. It is a private room, so we will be able to also have a short meeting dealing with Lobby Day and I will go over the key bills that VCDL wants to push.

VCDL is asking for an $18 donation for the dinner to help defray the cost - which is $35 per person.

I need a firm count on how many of you want to attend.

If you plan to attend, please reply to this email and let me know your name and the number in your party.

We will collect the $18 at the event. You can pay with either a check or cash. If cash, please bring exact change unless you are donating the extra from a larger bill

David Codrea, who is one of the speakers at the Lobby Day rally, plans on attending the dinner, so this would be a great chance to meet him.

wrearick

Lobby Day Breakfast?

Wife and I are planning on coming out again to Lobby Day and really enjoyed the chance to meet some of the famous (and infamous) folks from OCDO at the diner for breakfast that morning. Is there plans for a pre-lobby day breakfast again and if so, I could use the address as I am not very familiar with the area.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wife and I are planning on coming out again to Lobby Day and really enjoyed the chance to meet some of the famous (and infamous) folks from OCDO at the diner for breakfast that morning. Is there plans for a pre-lobby day breakfast again and if so, I could use the address as I am not very familiar with the area.
Pre Lobby Day Breakfast Mon. Jan 19[SUP]th[/SUP] 6:30 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95...................view map
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

As a favor to the us, RCD is opening 1/2 hr early (6:30 am) on Lobby Day. Return the compliment w/gratuity.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Call for david mcbeth [/Johnny Roventini voice]

david - just wanted you to know that I've arranged for you to be able to pick up a ticket voucher at any Greyhound station in CT any time between midnight Friday morning Jan 16 and midnight Sunday night 1/18. When you get to the Greyhound station in Richmond identify yourself to the ticket counter - they have my phone number. I'll either come and get you personally or send a cab for you - your call. The desk clerk at the City Motel has a voucher for your room as well as vouchers for the McDonald's across the street. I'll be by at 7:45 AM Monday morning 1/19 to take you to the pre-Lobby Day breakfast.

If you make it in early enough Sunday evening 1/18 I'll see if I can get you squeezed in at the pre-Lobby Day dinner.

You might be able to raise a little extra cash monday morning by auctioning off the honor of driving you to the General Assembly Building.

We are all eagerly awaiting your arrival and your demonstration of how we should be doing things down here.

Awaiting your arrival with great anticipation.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
A reminder that there will be a pre-Lobby Day breakfast at River City Diner - they are opening early so that you won't be late to the GA festivities.

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95...................view map
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

As a favor to the us, RCD is opening 1/2 hr early (6:30 am) on Lobby Day. Return the compliment w/gratuity.

AND

You are invited to attend VCDL's pre-Lobby Day dinner meeting on Sunday, January 18th at 7 PM at the Crowne Plaza Richmond hotel - see details on post #6 above.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I was screwed by technology

I had put the scooter on charge last night, and first this this morning the indicator light said it was fully charged. As soon as I got the scooter off the lift and started towards the GAB the battery status indicator dropped down to only one bar.

Rather than run the risk of runnijg out of power I headed back to the Gimpmobile, loaded up, and returned home, where I am runnning diagnostics on the charger and battery.

There was a smaller than usual crowd at breakfas but I saw more folks headed towards the GAB as I headed home. Hope the crowd count is good.

stay safe.

MNMGoneShooting

There was a smaller than usual crowd at breakfas but I saw more folks headed towards the GAB as I headed home. Hope the crowd count is good.

Wasn't bad, but certainly wasn't the desired 600-1000 (or more). Probably had 150-200?? The CHP line was very long and saw a lot of blaze orange in the GAB. Didn't see any anti's, but understand their rally and building sweep was after we had already departed.

The Truth

Wish I could've made it... sorry to hear about your scooter troubles, skid! Ever get it figured out?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Wish I could've made it... sorry to hear about your scooter troubles, skid! Ever get it figured out?

Bonehead move on my part. Leave the "On/Off" switch in the "On" position and AC power goes straight to the inverter to run the machine, as opposed to being routed through the charger circuitry to the batteries. Both cause the charging indicator light to display. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

From the other posts I'm really sad to have missed the "festivities".

stay safe.

va_tazdad

Sadly, one of my more worthless and undependable "co-workers" called off because he "didn't feel well" sunday so I had to pull part of his shift and do his tours. I was not in any condition to stand or walk around, and did NOT have the patience to deal with politicians.

Amazingly, the same individual recovered from his "illness" and was able to report today while he was drawing extra pay for the holiday. Now isn't that amazing?

Next year, barring another hospital stay, I will NOT answer my phone and will be rested and be able to attend.

Thank you to those that represented us. ;>)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sadly, one of my more worthless and undependable "co-workers" called off because he "didn't feel well" sunday so I had to pull part of his shift and do his tours. I was not in any condition to stand or walk around, and did NOT have the patience to deal with politicians.

Amazingly, the same individual recovered from his "illness" and was able to report today while he was drawing extra pay for the holiday. Now isn't that amazing?

Next year, barring another hospital stay, I will NOT answer my phone and will be rested and be able to attend.

Thank you to those that represented us. ;>)
Several companies for whom I used to work had the policy that you had to work your scheduled day before and day after a holiday in order to earn "holiday pay." More than 1 day out sick in a row or in he same pay period required a note from a doctor to qualify for sick leave.

It has reached the point that Lobby Day with walking up and down the hills and standing on my feet is beating me up - may have to see about a mobility enhancing device.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
David Codrea's speech commends Virginia's grassroots leaders, defies gun-grabbers

db5e726ccda932af3de20e4929e742bb.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/article/spe...fies-gun-grabbers?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Tess

Founder's Club Member
It has reached the point that Lobby Day with walking up and down the hills and standing on my feet is beating me up - may have to see about a mobility enhancing device.

Spouse found himself grateful for his - though he's now to the point he can't stand more than about 10 minutes (never mind walk that long) without agony in his knees. Although we discovered the GAB on Lobby Day is not exactly friendly to wheelchairs either. I'd like to see them dedicate one elevator on Lobby Day to the mobility-impaired and one immediate caregiver. There were times Jason and I could find room, but spouse could not.

I'm just lazy enough I wanted one -- no need, just want <grin>!

Last edited: