Thread: Puyallup-Area Indoor Ranges That Rent?

Puyallup-Area Indoor Ranges That Rent?

A good friend of mine is looking to get his first handgun, but not quite sure what he wants to get as yet.

It'll be for target practice and HD, and he'll be looking to get his CHL so he can OC as well after he's comfortable with his purchase.

Are there any recommended ranges in the Puyallup area that rent handguns? He's not worried about purchase price when he's settled on a product (within reason), but he wants to avoid Buyers Remorse.

Thank you.

The Marksman on Canyon Rd, open 11:00-20:00 7 days a week; 253-737-9877.

Very cool. Thank you. Info passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    A good friend of mine is looking to get his first handgun, but not quite sure what he wants to get as yet.

It'll be for target practice and HD, and he'll be looking to get his CHL so he can OC as well after he's comfortable with his purchase.

Are there any recommended ranges in the Puyallup area that rent handguns? He's not worried about purchase price when he's settled on a product (within reason), but he wants to avoid Buyers Remorse.

Thank you.
    I probably missed it ... but ... how does one "rent" a handgun without the I-594 background check?
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJohn View Post
    I probably missed it ... but ... how does one "rent" a handgun without the I-594 background check?
    The firearms are owned by the gun shop which also has an indoor range. The firearms stay at the gun shop/range at all time thus meeting at least part of the requirements for I-594. The problem is, is the range an "approved" range?
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    The firearms are owned by the gun shop which also has an indoor range. The firearms stay at the gun shop/range at all time thus meeting at least part of the requirements for I-594. The problem is, is the range an "approved" range?
    Doesn't that only apply to family members?
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    A good friend of mine is looking to get his first handgun.........
    ........he'll be looking to get his CHL so he can OC...........
    Just so you are aware, there is no CPL requirement to OC in the Republic Of Washington.

State law DOES require a CPL to carry or place a LOADED firearm in or on a vehicle, unless the actor falls under one of the exceptions such as "....engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding.....or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area"

A round does not have to be chambered for the firearm to be "loaded". There is no requirement to store ammo and firearm separately. To resurrect an old phrase that many members will remember but I have not seen in a while: You could tape the magazine to the pistol then tape the pistol to your forehead and it would be legal.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

Even with a CPL it is a violation of State Statute to carry or place a loaded long-arm in or on a vehicle.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 12-06-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    Just so you are aware, there is no CPL requirement to OC in the Republic Of Washington.

State law DOES require a CPL to carry or place a LOADED firearm in or on a vehicle, unless the actor falls under one of the exceptions such as "....engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding.....or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area"

A round does not have to be chambered for the firearm to be "loaded". There is no requirement to store ammo and firearm separately. To resurrect an old phrase that many members will remember but I have not seen in a while: You could tape the magazine to the pistol then tape the pistol to your forehead and it would be legal.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

Even with a CPL it is a violation of State Statute to carry or place a loaded long-arm in or on a vehicle.
    Thank you; yes I was already aware of that section of the RCW.

I had mentioned as such to my friend, as he was wanting to OC, but for obvious reasons does not want to have to unnecessarily handle the sidearm each time he gets in/out of his car.

Hence the reason for his wanting to get a CPL (yes, I did goof in the OP and call it a CHL).

This was in no way meant as a snide response, and there was no way for you to know if I was aware of the relevant RCW sections. I do appreciate your posting the info in the spirit that you did.