• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rem 700 Recall.. About time.

The Truth

Remington has known about this issue for over 35 years, and they prefer to ignore it. While using the rules of gun safety as an escape hatch.

^^^This. Remington could have fixed this way back then for pennies on the dollar, now they have to pay out the a$$ and will probably have to settle with some damages claims. Idiots.

HPmatt

From the article I see Remington is privately owned by the Cerebus Capital - they have $20 billion under management and are the guys that owned Chrysler fir a while. NYC liberals that hate guns but want to turn a buck in it. Remington is for sale if anyone is in the market...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

As I said; in the woods deer hunting alone, so who is going to video? I have read that pulling the trigger while on safe will cause the malfunction, I have tried multiple times with no "luck" in duplicating the malfunction. Yesterday I couldn't get the wife's car to start (engage the starter) with either key; this morning it started just fine znd at least 10 times today, why? Heck I don't know. As I said it only takes once to "**** up your health records" as my old Senior DI use to say.

If I don't like the triggers they come back with there is always Timney, which I have considered anyway.

Again watch the video, if your gun failed in the woods why wouldn't it fail at home? Buy something other than a Remington, problem solved.

Jeff. State

Banned
Again watch the video, if your gun failed in the woods why wouldn't it fail at home? Buy something other than a Remington, problem solved.

Walking Wolf, this problem was KNOWN by the actions designer in the 1940's. He TOLD Remington and proposed aan alternative. There have been multiple deaths and injuries over $$$$$$ and Remington's insistence on not admitting fault.

Read and watch all about it.

Remington Under Fire
http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936/

WalkingWolf

Walking Wolf, this problem was KNOWN by the actions designer in the 1940's. He TOLD Remington and proposed aan alternative. There have been multiple deaths and injuries over $$$$$$ and Remington's insistence on not admitting fault.

Read and watch all about it.

Remington Under Fire
http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936/

It is impossible to cause deaths unless safety rules are not followed. Plus there is no repeat occurrences that are documented that I know of. Just the word of people who Awww Pooop. When the rifles have been inspected they were either tampered with, or the phenomenon could not be repeated. It was the same with the stupid Jennings law suit, it was the dumb act of a careless person handling a firearm. The complaint for the suit was exactly the same as 1911's. Taking off the safety to break down the gun. Dumb is as dumb does, but in this society nobody admits they are dumb.

McDonalds knew for a long time their coffee was hot... :lol:

J_dazzle23

Plus there is no repeat occurrences that are documented that I know of. Just the word of people who Awww Pooop. When the rifles have been inspected they were either tampered with, or the phenomenon could not be repeated.

I didn't document this, but I've personally seen it happen. I don't need to see it happen twice to know something is wrong with the gun.

I don't care if it's not pointing in an unsafe direction, it it goes bang without me hitting the switch it's not something I'm gonna only worry about if it happens twice.

I would bet that it has been repeated and Remington knows about it.

You are knowledgeable enough to know that they did a cost/benefit analysis and showed that they would be out enough money it was worth it to do a product recall.

With how much money this recall is going to cost them, and the fact that NOT issuing a recall would have cost even more, it's pretty safe to say if remington was willing to recall the trigger assembly then there was obviously demonstratable, repeatable proof that a LARGE amount of these firearms were faulty.

Big companies like remington don't choose to lose 7(or more) figure dollar amounts on rumors and assumptions.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
walking wolf. In the CNBC report military/police?? snipers are filmed recreating the problem, over and over. .Mil and LE have been well aware of the issue and their gunsmiths/armorers have dealt with it, J6pack doesn't have a personal armorer to do a trigger job on millions of rifles.

WalkingWolf

walking wolf. In the CNBC report military/police?? snipers are filmed recreating the problem, over and over. .Mil and LE have been well aware of the issue and their gunsmiths/armorers have dealt with it, J6pack doesn't have a personal armorer to do a trigger job on millions of rifles.

OK, post videos of those incidents? Why does Joe Sixpack need a trigger job? The gun comes with a trigger pull for service without being tampered with. That is why the put the glue over the screw.

Even if there was a issue, which I do not believe there is, only a blooming idiot takes the safety off a loaded rifle pointed at a person.

And it still comes back to ~~ If you believe there is a problem don't buy a friggen Remington.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

OK, post videos of those incidents? Why does Joe Sixpack need a trigger job? The gun comes with a trigger pull for service without being tampered with. That is why the put the glue over the screw.

Even if there was a issue, which I do not believe there is, only a blooming idiot takes the safety off a loaded rifle pointed at a person.

And it still comes back to ~~ If you believe there is a problem don't buy a friggen Remington.
Ww, come on, be reasonable. There were so many of these things sold you KNOW there are millions of people that bought one without being aware of the problem. Furthermore, a (not)blooming idiot DOES take the safety off pointed at at person when they are a service rifle. This also happens hunting when zeroed in on an animal. I don't know if you hunt, but I'd prefer to shoot when I pull the trigger, not while I'm scoped in and flip the safety.

Also, companies do not issue recalls on something that is not demonstratably broken or dangerous. The logic just doesn't follow.

This is NOT about gun safety. This is about a model that does not work they way the people who bought one paid for. They know it, and decided it would cost less money to do a recall than get taken to the cleaners for a gun that can be proven to not work they way it's supposed to.

Again, a company does not recall a multi million selling product on rumor.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Ww, come on, be reasonable. There were so many of these things sold you KNOW there are millions of people that bought one without being aware of the problem. Furthermore, a (not)blooming idiot DOES take the safety off pointed at at person when they are a service rifle. This also happens hunting when zeroed in on an animal. I don't know if you hunt, but I'd prefer to shoot when I pull the trigger, not while I'm scoped in and flip the safety.

Also, companies do not issue recalls on something that is not demonstratably broken or dangerous. The logic just doesn't follow.

This is NOT about gun safety. This is about a model that does not work they way the people who bought one paid for. They know it, and decided it would cost less money to do a recall than get taken to the cleaners for a gun that can be proven to not work they way it's supposed to.

Again, a company does not recall a multi million selling product on rumor.

A company does not sell millions of rifles unless those rifles are worth it. Why would morons buy rifles they believe have a problem.

IT IS ABOUT GUN SAFETY! Again if a person takes the safety off any weapon while pointing it at a person should have their hands cut off so they never handle a gun again.

J_dazzle23

A company does not sell millions of rifles unless those rifles are worth it. Why would morons buy rifles they believe have a problem.

IT IS ABOUT GUN SAFETY! Again if a person takes the safety off any weapon while pointing it at a person should have their hands cut off so they never handle a gun again.

Do we really need to go through a list of consumer products that have been released with a defect and sold millions of units?

Are you saying if a rifle ND WITH OUT being pointed at a person, this is acceptable to you?

Toyota recalled 7.4 million vehicles due to safety issues in 2012. I guess everybody that bought a Toyota was a moron, too.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Do we really need to go through a list of consumer products that have been released with a defect and sold millions of units?

Are you saying if a rifle ND WITH OUT being pointed at a person, this is acceptable to you?

Why would you or anybody buy a rifle you think is unsafe?

Patient: "Doctor when I hit myself in the head with a hammer I get a headache"

Doctor: "Then don't do it!"

IF this is a long standing problem why would idiots still buy the gun? Where is the video proof of this?

Every time some moron shoots himself it is the fault of the gun.:rolleyes:

Just because ambulance chasers try to make a buck off it does not make it true.

J_dazzle23

Why would you or anybody buy a rifle you think is unsafe?

Patient: "Doctor when I hit myself in the head with a hammer I get a headache"

Doctor: "Then don't do it!"

IF this is a long standing problem why would idiots still buy the gun? Where is the video proof of this?

Every time some moron shoots himself it is the fault of the gun.:rolleyes:

Just because ambulance chasers try to make a buck off it does not make it true.
Strawman. I did NOT say that someone getting accidentally shot is the gun's fault.

I said a gun that goes off without the trigger being pulled is faulty and should be recalled.

A remington 700 is a reasonably low priced entry level rifle. Consumers buying from a large company like remington may, just MAY not have the knowledge that these rifles have had problems in the past.

Like I said, Toyota recalled 7.4 million cars in 2012 due to safety issues. You saying I'm an idiot if I go buy a Tacoma tomorrow?

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Strawman. I did NOT say that someone getting accidentally shot is the gun's fault.

A remington 700 is a reasonably low priced entry level rifle. Consumers buying from a large company like remington may, just MAY not have the knowledge that these rifles have had problems in the past.

Like I said, Toyota recalled 7.4 million cars in 2012 due to safety issues. You saying I'm an idiot if I go buy a Tacoma tomorrow?

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Don't buy the gun, if you did buy the gun you should not have. If you did you are the one who has a problem!

And don't buy a pink truck and whine about it later.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

Don't buy the gun, if you did buy the gun you should not have. If you did you are the one who has a problem!

And don't buy a pink truck and whine about it later.

Lol.

We have the US consumer and product safety division as well as stockholders whose best interest is to produce a working product.

Dang, when someone buys the most popular bolt action hunting rifle in the world, you would think it would be assumed it's a working, safe product. Unless it isnt....

And the company issues a RECALL.

I can't believe you are honestly arguing that a company should be able to ignore a disign flaw, mislead their target customers, sell you a disfuctioning product, and then turn around and say "you are the one with the problem" and blame the consumer.

so I guess you have NEVER in your life returned a defective product under warranty?

J_dazzle23

Red Bull Settles Lawsuit for $13M Because the Drink Doesn’t Really ‘Give You Wings’

http://www.mediaite.com/online/red-...cause-the-drink-doesnt-really-give-you-wings/

Unfortunately there are millions of morons out to make a buck because they are too stupid to be allowed to breed.
again.....red bull does not do product recalls for garbage reasons, and neither does remington.

http://youtu.be/cbTIkDQ93Tc

I'm sure there are plenty more where this came from.

WalkingWolf

again.....red bull does not do product recalls for garbage reasons, and neither does remington.

http://youtu.be/cbTIkDQ93Tc

I'm sure there are plenty more where this came from.

I can't believe you really believe that red bull is at fault. But it sorta explains your stand on this.:lol:

Hopefully you will never receive the Darwin award.

This is about as dumb as the people who try to blame Blackhawk Serpas for shooting themselves. All recipients of the Darwin award.