• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rem 700 Recall.. About time.

J_dazzle23

I can't believe you really believe that red bull is at fault. But it sorta explains your stand on this.:lol:

Hopefully you will never receive the Darwin award.

This is about as dumb as the people who try to blame Blackhawk Serpas for shooting themselves. All recipients of the Darwin award.

You MUST be trolling.

A. I NEVER said that. Don't try and spin what I said. I said they don't do product recalls for stupid reasons, and they DONT (such as it doesn't give you wings). They settled to get rid of the thorn in their side.

B. I own a blackhawk serpa for EDC. It does EXACTLY as it says it does. The product has not had a recall, and has been shown to operate exactly as advertised.

Ww, I have provided you both logical and factual proof, as well as video footage of this exact malfunction(at your request, by the way), that this rifle deserves the recall that it got, and you can do nothing further than insult me with ad hominem assertions rather debate my valid points.

It is clear you are not capable of reasonable discussion.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Gun Darwin Award Winners

But of course it is always the guns fault.:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;RHhmHBKc67s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhmHBKc67s[/video]

Don't be a Darwin Award Winner!

J_dazzle23

e31.jpg

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have not seen one video...

Dude, the rest of us who've seen this problem in action are raising the ******** flag. When the rest of us have seen it, it really does not matter that you haven't. Lack of knowledge of something in no way implies it doesn't exist, particularly in the light of solid evidence to the contrary. Reality simply is, WalkingWolf. Whether your experiences are privy to it or not is immaterial.

By continually ignoring our eyewitness testimony to the contrary, denigrating those of us who have seen it, or alleging the incidents are only caused by "idiots," you're tipping your hand.

WalkingWolf

Over 5 million sold, even with the so called claims that have never been backed up with verifiable proof. If the trigger was faulty there would be over 6 million malfunctions, and it would be easy to verify with video evidence. This is nothing more than "Red Bull".

Convince me with proof, not Red Bull.

Jeff. State

Banned
OK, post videos of those incidents? Why does Joe Sixpack need a trigger job? The gun comes with a trigger pull for service without being tampered with. That is why the put the glue over the screw.

Even if there was a issue, which I do not believe there is, only a blooming idiot takes the safety off a loaded rifle pointed at a person.

And it still comes back to ~~ If you believe there is a problem don't buy a friggen Remington.

A mother in Montana killed her son who was on the other side of a horse trailer after a hunting trip. She NEVER pulled the trigger.

A neighbor killed a girl in the house next door, he NEVER pulled the trigger.

A famous line from Blackhawk down, is Eric Bana telling an officer upset that his weapon wasn't on safe........

"This is my safety sir" as he holds up and bends his index finger.

A gun is NOT supposed to go off when the trigger ISN'T pulled, period. With the Remington 700 IT DOES.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

A mother in Montana killed her son who was on the other side of a horse trailer after a hunting trip. She NEVER pulled the trigger.

A neighbor killed a girl in the house next door, he NEVER pulled the trigger.

A famous line from Blackhawk down, is Eric Bana telling an officer upset that his weapon wasn't on safe........

"This is my safety sir" as he holds up and bends his index finger.

A gun is NOT supposed to go off when the trigger ISN'T pulled, period. With the Remington 700 IT DOES.

What is clear is that she violated one of the most important safety rules. A gun is not supposed to be pointed in an unsafe direction EVER.

J_dazzle23

What is clear is that she violated one of the most important safety rules. A gun is not supposed to be pointed in an unsafe direction EVER.
Where the gun is pointed has nothing to do with the fact that it's a faulty trigger mechanism. It's faulty no matter where it's pointed

WalkingWolf

I posted a video where no unsafe handling practices were had, and they replicated it :)

That is not a verifiable video, we have no documentation that the trigger was not tampered with. It is like many youtube videos where the poster has an agenda.

Please provide a verifiable by a verifiable source of a malfunction. So far there is none. We had this happen where some moron posted that a hi point blew up, he put up images that were clearly of a hacksawed hi point. He was called out and sent away with his tail between his legs.

Verifiable, do you understand what that means?

The fact that over 5 million 700s have been sold with almost all of them functioning as they are supposed to makes this much like the infamous OC gun grab claim. Your video is of someone who tampered with the gun so he could try to make his case. It should not be hard for a independent laboratory to provide a video that is verified of a malfunction, yet that has not happened. There is a good reason that has not happened.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

That is not a verifiable video, we have no documentation that the trigger was not tampered with. It is like many youtube videos where the poster has an agenda.

Please provide a verifiable by a verifiable source of a malfunction. So far there is none. We had this happen where some moron posted that a hi point blew up, he put up images that were clearly of a hacksawed hi point. He was called out and sent away with his tail between his legs.

Verifiable, do you understand what that means?

The fact that over 5 million 700s have been sold with almost all of them functioning as they are supposed to makes this much like the infamous OC gun grab claim. Your video is of someone who tampered with the gun so he could try to make his case. It should not be hard for a independent laboratory to provide a video that is verified of a malfunction, yet that has not happened. There is a good reason that has not happened.
REMINGTON verified there was a problem and voluntarily RECALLED.

But it's ok, I'm sure it passed their litmus test but not yours.

Even though they are the ones spending millions on the recall.

WalkingWolf

REMINGTON verified there was a problem and voluntarily RECALLED.

But it's ok, I'm sure it passed their litmus test but not yours.

Even though they are the ones spending millions on the recall.

Remington did what Red Bull did. But please cite where they verified there was a problem?

A 2010 CNBC documentary, "Remington Under Fire: A CNBC Investigation," explored allegations that for decades the company covered up a design defect, which Remington continues to deny. But now, under a nationwide settlement filed Friday in a federal court in Missouri, the company is agreeing to replace the triggers in about 7.85 million rifles.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...massive-fix-countrys-most-popular-gun-n262721

Again Remington did what Red Bull did, they appeased the idiots to make them go away. If you don't trust a Remington, don't buy one, if you do you are not very smart. If you shoot somebody or yourself with any gun when not intended you(general) are a moron, and should not touch any gun.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

Remington did what Red Bull did. But please cite where they verified there was a problem?
They didn't even remotely do the same thing. Red bull got sued and settled, without recalling a single drink.

Remington recalled. Red bull didnt.

Dude, I sell guns behind a gun desk for a job. Remington gets recalled more than any other manufacturer we carry. The 887 had one just last week.

I own a remington 870, and love it. But the 700 problems are well documented and known, enough for a recall to be issued. I won't do your research for you.

It's absurd to think a company would waste millions recalling a product that isn't broken.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Remmington created that new rule because of their faulty safety.

You are joking right? Please tell me the above was sarcasm? The safety rules can be found on the NRA website, they were not created by Remington. Sheeeesh!

http://training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx

See rule one, and if you still think the above see rule one again.

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

Last edited: