Thread: Auburn Sam's Club Update!

Auburn Sam's Club Update!

Well, after 13 weeks and constant phone calls I finally got an answer to whether sams club will enforce their corporate policy with their Auburn location.
    Here is a link to the thread I originally started.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...lub-Membership

Over the past 3 months numerous tickets were opened and closed with no resolution. A month ago I found out the complaint kept going back to Danny, the club manager. Even though the complaint was about him it was left up to him to make a decision. He would receive the complaint and just close it out.
    I would then call for a status only to find the ticket had been closed. So I would resubmit my complaint and it would then be resubmitted to Danny.
    This went on for two months before I found out. I was not happy. A new corporate ticket was generated and submitted to the local AP Market Manager who then gave it to the Market Manager. He never contacted me to let me know what the decision was.
    Today I finally got it.
    The market manager chose to side with the store manager, Danny. The reasoning was that the mall has a no weapons policy and Sam's Club leases the property from them.
    They emailed me a PDF with a photocopied paper listing the outlet malls no firearms policies. Once I figure out how I'll post a copy of the PDF here.
    There wasn't any contact info for the market manager so I will call the club to try to get the contact info.

So for all you guys that claimed I acted prematurely in canceling my membership, what say you now?
    How many of you are going to contact the club and express your displeasure? How many will cancel your membership?

Edited to add:
    I've got the info on the market manager. I called and left a voicemail. I urge all of you who shop at sams club to contact this individual.
    Jeff
    916-781-2945
    jeff.winterboer@samsclub.com
    Last edited by decklin; 12-06-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

well, I just left the sam's in auburn, open carry and not a hassle....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Well, now you know their policy. I called to get the market managers info. All I got was the name Jeff. They said to call back to speak with someone in personnel.
    Thought you might find it interesting that corporate is allowing this one location to ignore policy.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    --snipped-- edited by Moderator

That was a pretty random bit of info. haha
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-09-2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Off topic quote
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    That was a pretty random bit of info. haha
    entropy always wins !!!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post

Yes, but maybe management didn't see you. The OP has hard evidence that they don't want us there but we continue to want to give them our money? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    Yes, but maybe management didn't see you. The OP has hard evidence that they don't want us there but we continue to want to give them our money? Why?
    +1
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovenox View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Well, after 13 weeks and constant phone calls I finally got an answer to whether sams club will enforce their corporate policy with their Auburn location.

Over the past 3 months numerous tickets were opened and closed with no resolution. A month ago I found out the complaint kept going back to Danny, the club manager. Even though the complaint was about him it was left up to him to make a decision. He would receive the complaint and just close it out.
    I would then call for a status only to find the ticket had been closed. So I would resubmit my complaint and it would then be resubmitted to Danny.
    This went on for two months before I found out. I was not happy. A new corporate ticket was generated and submitted to the local AP Market Manager who then gave it to the Market Manager. He never contacted me to let me know what the decision was.
    Today I finally got it.
    The market manager chose to side with the store manager, Danny. The reasoning was that the mall has a no weapons policy and Sam's Club leases the property from them.
    They emailed me a PDF with a photocopied paper listing the outlet malls no firearms policies. Once I figure out how I'll post a copy of the PDF here.
    There wasn't any contact info for the market manager so I will call the club to try to get the contact info.

So for all you guys that claimed I acted prematurely in canceling my membership, what say you now?
    How many of you are going to contact the club and express your displeasure? How many will cancel your membership?

Edited to add:
    I've got the info on the market manager. I called and left a voicemail. I urge all of you who shop at sams club to contact this individual.
    Jeff
    916-781-2945
    You provided phone number is for northern CA. There is an Auburn, CA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fair enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You can't tell where anyone is located because of their phone number anymore.
    That's not true. Just call them up and ask "hey, where u at?"

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post

Today I finally got it.

Edited to add:
    Jeff
    916-781-2945
    Don't let it sit at that. That sounds like a cop out. They know the MALL has a no firearms policy, but that is not indicative of whether that policy extends to Sam's Club or not. Over here Mimi's Cafe is on Mall property (detached) and they welcome OC, we have had many dinners there with 50+ people even though the mall has such a policy.

I would ask for the contract agreement that shows the mall has the authority to impose such a policy upon Sam's Club.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Baked on Grease View Post
    Don't let it sit at that. That sounds like a cop out. They know the MALL has a no firearms policy, but that is not indicative of whether that policy extends to Sam's Club or not. Over here Mimi's Cafe is on Mall property (detached) and they welcome OC, we have had many dinners there with 50+ people even though the mall has such a policy.

I would ask for the contract agreement that shows the mall has the authority to impose such a policy upon Sam's Club.
    I'm inclined to agree with this. The Tacoma mall also has a no weapons policy (mind you, it's posted INSIDE the doors so in order to even read the policy, you have to be in violation of it) but the policy does not extend to shops outside the main mall structure. I can go to Krispy Kreme for a donut and coffee, drop off my car at Firestone near the mall, walk over to BJ's, have a meal, walk back over to Firestone to pick up my car, drive back around to the north side of the mall and go shopping at Pier 1 Imports. All the while, open carrying and not have a single problem. I know, because I have done something similar.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with this. The Tacoma mall also has a no weapons policy (mind you, it's posted INSIDE the doors so in order to even read the policy, you have to be in violation of it) but the policy does not extend to shops outside the main mall structure. I can go to Krispy Kreme for a donut and coffee, drop off my car at Firestone near the mall, walk over to BJ's, have a meal, walk back over to Firestone to pick up my car, drive back around to the north side of the mall and go shopping at Pier 1 Imports. All the while, open carrying and not have a single problem. I know, because I have done something similar.
    I did not see that sign when I was visiting there for my Girlfriend's black Friday Shopping fix.

I did not look very hard, but I did look.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I've shopped at the REI in Olympia which is attached to the mall without issue OCing.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com