Thread: Went to Dr for a CT scan (sore throat)-Dr refused a CT scan--too expensive

Banned

Went to Dr for a CT scan (sore throat)-Dr refused a CT scan--too expensive

President Obama got a CT Scan today for a sore throat

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...at_820714.html ^^

What gives? I could be the next president !

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...at_820714.html ^^

What gives? I could be the next president !
    Don't count on it!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    CT scans are NOT a good idea unless they have immediate life saving benefit.

LOTS O' radiation! LOTS.

Mammograms, CTs, PET Scans, etc. probably CAUSE as much cancer as they detect.

Banned
    Maybe his tongue swelled from all those lies he tells .... I hope (heehee) he does not die from this medical condition

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    CT scans are NOT a good idea unless they have immediate life saving benefit.

LOTS O' radiation! LOTS.

Mammograms, CTs, PET Scans, etc. probably CAUSE as much cancer as they detect.

Recent studies have shown that radiation from radiological diagnostic testing creates a very low cancer risk. Additionally, Obama is now I believe in his 50's and therefore the risk to benefit calculations are different.

Remember that for many years the cancer risk charts were based on models created from the bombings in Japan. These models are now being shown to be wildly inaccurate.

A soft tissue CT is more likely MRI than X-ray. Chronic GERD increases the risk of Barrett's esophagus a precancerous condition also not imaged by X-ray. O is a smoker with risk of all sorts of tracheal problems that are immediately adjacent to the esophagus. O probably has a riskier lifestyle than is admitted.

Remember that Crazy Uncle Joe Biden is VP.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NosePicker;2113570 [ ...
    Remember that for many years the cancer risk charts were based on models created from the bombings in Japan. These models are now being shown to be wildly inaccurate.
    Unfortunately US National Academy of Sciences Biological Effects of Ionizing Radiation Committee BEIR still writes the law despite a century of experience with low level radiation and its health effects. JHU G. Matanowski's NSWS is good evidence of radiation hormesis. My occupational WBE is ~3 REM 0.03 Sv
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I was quite shocked to hear that the problem was GERD rather than irritation caused by hoof-in-mouth.

It must be nice to go to a VA hospital and get care without needing to wait for a clinic appointment. (And this from someone who gets what they consider excellent care from the VA.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I was quite shocked to hear that the problem was GERD rather than irritation caused by hoof-in-mouth.

It must be nice to go to a VA hospital and get care without needing to wait for a clinic appointment. (And this from someone who gets what they consider excellent care from the VA.)

stay safe.
    LOL, well, It was "hoof-in-mouth". The difference being his insertion point was lower near the medial fold and an anulous opening--- he kept shoving till the hoof was in the back of the throat!

/Sarcasm
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

What gives?
    Obama is a sick homosexual. He was well known in the Chicago gay bath house scene before he became a senator.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/claim-oba...ome-president/

As for his sore throat, some say he might well have AIDS given his documented gay life-style.

http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/20...m-2465884.html

Perhaps they were looking for something else?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    Obama is a sick homosexual. He was well known in the Chicago gay bath house scene before he became a senator........
    There are a lot of things on which to bash Obama. You will most likely never hear or see me defending any of his political views because I have not yet seen any of his views with which I would agree. I despise him. I think he should be impeached. That being said, his sexuality (gay, straight, or somewhere in between) is irrelevant and in my opinion is a distraction from things about him that actually matter.
    Last edited by END_THE_FED; 12-11-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Perhaps they were looking for something else?
    I see what you did there. haha
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Maybe his tongue swelled from all those lies he tells .... I hope (heehee) he does not die from this medical condition
    Out of the frying pan and into the fire. That means Crazy "shotgun" Joe gets promoted way over his head.