Thread: Courthouse

Courthouse

I know I can not carry in the court house of any county, but are they required to provide me with a locker to secure my firearm in while I am conducting business there? I only ask because I am required to go to court next month because I saw some one do something they was not supposed to do and I have to tell the judge and jury that. I do not want to walk the streets of downtown Pittsburgh with out my CC/OC firearm. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Birdman View Post
    I know I can not carry in the court house of any county, but are they required to provide me with a locker to secure my firearm in while I am conducting business there? I only ask because I am required to go to court next month because I saw some one do something they was not supposed to do and I have to tell the judge and jury that. I do not want to walk the streets of downtown Pittsburgh with out my CC/OC firearm. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Were you served a subpoena to be present?

If not, I would consider not going.

You sure your memory has not faded?

I refuse to aid the state knowing how they make & pass laws illegally
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-10-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    (e) Facilities for checking firearms or other dangerous weapons.--Each county shall make available at or within the building containing a court facility by July 1, 2002, lockers or similar facilities at no charge or cost for the temporary checking of firearms by persons carrying firearms under section 6106(b) or 6109 or for the checking of other dangerous weapons that are not otherwise prohibited by law. Any individual checking a firearm, dangerous weapon or an item deemed to be a dangerous weapon at a court facility must be issued a receipt. Notice of the location of the facility shall be posted as required under subsection (d).
    http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/...ourt-facility/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

About the only relevant portion of the above is the mention of a subpeona. If your employer does not have a policy of giving you administrative leave (no loss of pay) to attend court as anything except as the defendant, getting the prosecutor to subpeona you does an end-around for you - makes sure you get the time to appear and provides for you to be paid for your service.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/00...5/s35.139.html

35.139. Fees of witnesses.

Witnesses subpoenaed by the agency shall be paid the same fees and mileage as are paid for like services in the courts of common pleas. Witnesses subpoenaed at the instance of participants shall be paid the same fees by the participant at whose instance the witness is subpoenaed; and the agency, before issuing any subpoena as provided in 35.142(a) (relating to subpoenas), may require a deposit of an amount adequate to cover the fees and mileage involved.
    Cross References
    This section cited in 1 Pa. Code 35.142 (relating to subpoenas); 4 Pa. Code 105.14a (relating to subpoenas); 4 Pa. Code 265.3 (relating to level II hearings); 22 Pa. Code 201.7 (relating to service and return of subpoenas); 25 Pa. Code 1021.103 (relating to subpoenas); 25 Pa. Code 1021.123 (relating to evidence); 34 Pa. Code 95.95 (relating to witnesses and subpoenas); 34 Pa. Code 131.81 (relating to subpoenas); 37 Pa. Code 21.58 (relating to witness fees); 37 Pa. Code 171.134 (relating to witness fees and mileage allowance); and 55 Pa. Code 41.161 (relating to written testimony).
    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

subpoena

Yes I was served a subpoena. I saw the defendant do something dumb and called the police and they came and arrested her.

+1 on aiding the state.

Yes I was served a subpoena. I saw the defendant do something dumb and called the police and they came and arrested her.
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    +1 on aiding the state.
    The "state" is the people. Responsible people do responsible things. See no reason to make a negative inference re Mr Birdman.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The "state" is the people. Responsible people do responsible things. See no reason to make a negative inference re Mr Birdman.
    Everyone has their viewpoint. My viewpoint from being deeply involved in the system, is that the "state" is a machine to oppress and control those that step out of line.

So many have never experienced or participated in the "state" system that they still only see life using their rose colored glasses.

So, will it be the red or blue pill?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&hsimp=yhs-001

Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    Everyone has their viewpoint. My viewpoint from being deeply involved in the system, is that the "state" is a machine to oppress and control those that step out of line.

So many have never experienced or participated in the "state" system that they still only see life using their rose colored glasses.

So, will it be the red or blue pill?
    Purple might be more appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Purple might be more appropriate
    excellent response sir!

update

Well she had her court date and plead guilty to dui and harassment. I OCED all the way to the courthouse. Walked into the firearm's locker room and put my firearm in a locker. Unfortunately the locker was to small to accommodate my holster as well as the firearm. So I had to OC my holster. No problems at all.

Well she had her court date and plead guilty to dui and harassment. I OCED all the way to the courthouse. Walked into the firearm's locker room and put my firearm in a locker. Unfortunately the locker was to small to accommodate my holster as well as the firearm. So I had to OC my holster. No problems at all.

Thanks for the follow through. I'm glad your experience was uneventful. I have only had experiences with York County, Beaver County,
    and the Capitol Complex in Harrisburg, but all of mine have also been uneventful, as it should be.
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.