Thread: Doomberg UBC initiative clears hurdle, heads to Legislature

Doomberg UBC initiative clears hurdle, heads to Legislature

http://nvsos.gov/Modules/ShowDocumen...ocumentid=3440

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2014/dec...vefyreComments

Activists have secured enough petition signatures to send a measure that would tighten Nevada’s gun purchase background laws to the state legislature and, if lawmakers don’t act, to the ballot for voters to decide on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ckground-chec/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    You know that the petition is no good, right? Affidavit at end is not sufficient; must be on every page.

Nobody objected to these petitions?

Banned
    Get a new petition that asks to pass a law saying that all laws that citizens are subject to that all public officials are also now subjected to and all exemptions and exceptions in any law are now null and void.

An easy argument to make and voters would eat it up...nom nom nom.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You know that the petition is no good, right? Affidavit at end is not sufficient; must be on every page.

Nobody objected to these petitions?
    Irregularities noted - objections made.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/neva...alerts_article
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Nevadans for State Gun Rights Group asking Nevada to throw out gun ballot item

Nevadans for State Gun Rights tells Secretary of State Ross Miller that initiative proponents missed a deadline to deliver signatures to one clerk. The group also says some pages lack a proper signature-gatherer’s affidavit, and some signatures are dated after the affidavit was notarized.

Petitions were turned in Nov. 13 to the Storey County clerk, said Don Turner, head of the gun rights group. That means proponents not only missed the Nov. 12 deadline there, they also missed a requirement to submit documents to each of Nevada’s 17 county clerks on the same day, he said.

“Those are problems we found in just one county,” Turner said. He said some petition pages lacked a required affidavit, a circulator was from Washoe County, not Storey County, and 52 signatures were dated after the Oct. 25 notary date.
    http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/140...lot-group-says

Stinky 'irregularities' quite like the Wisconsin Governor Walker recall. Be careful of wishing for legislation by referendum as one may get it good and hard.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Irregularities noted - objections made.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/neva...alerts_article
    Having filed numerous objections to election filings, it should be a slam dunk to invalidate about 80-90% of the sigs.

But election filing objection processes are a most political one ... I had one case where the circulator had people print their name on every sig line. Even with the sig cards that indicated that the people did not "sign" the petition the admin court ruled "we are not handwriting experts!" and approved the petition anyway.

Anyone who thinks the voting system works is delusional. I think that all my voting has had the effect of this single post ~~ not much.

But I have knocked out about 10 candidates for office for technical errors on petitions.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 12-10-2014 at 01:54 PM.

I hope Davidmcbeth is on my team if I run for office.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De5115 View Post
    I hope Davidmcbeth is on my team if I run for office.
    If it were not for the one day every so often where I an harass the craap outta politicians life would not be as fun

Gotta get up at 5am election day -- to be at the polling place at 6am, wait for candidate to show up..then pounce ! The day of atonement is at hand heathens ! If they won't answer my questions (I'm recording them of course) I start yelling at them "what are you hiding?!" I'll toss records at them etc ... it is a ton of fun. Normally, a candidate goes to his/her polling place when it first opens and wants to hang around there for an hour to 2...I always get them out within 20 minutes....super fun

Especially meeting democrats ... "oh, I think gun control is good" ... I love it when I hear that ....

Heck, I'm not at the polls for any particular political campaign or party ...

I should start a group that goes to numerous polling places and get votes to swing .... I have plenty of dirt on most of them.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    The rule of law arguments have failed.

Now we need to explain to the voters why this is a bad idea, especially in the minority communities.

When these people say they want to keep guns out of the "wrong hands," the hands they mean are BROWN and BLACK. This message needs to be spread through the minority communities.

The same Bloomberg who signed the laws that took Eric Garner's life now wants laws to take the guns away from people the same color as Garner.

The same kind of "background check" scheme has traditionally been used to deny civil rights to minorities. For instance, Martin Luther King, Jr., applied to buy a pistol while his family and church congregation were being given death threats. He FAILED the background check.

The people who are pushing this scheme say that it "disenfranchises" minority voters to require them to show ID at the polls -- yet they want those same minorities to show that same ID before they can buy a gun. This exposes their agenda, and we have to let our friends statewide know this.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    The rule of law arguments have failed.

Now we need to explain to the voters why this is a bad idea, especially in the minority communities.

When these people say they want to keep guns out of the "wrong hands," the hands they mean are BROWN and BLACK. This message needs to be spread through the minority communities.

The same Bloomberg who signed the laws that took Eric Garner's life now wants laws to take the guns away from people the same color as Garner.

The same kind of "background check" scheme has traditionally been used to deny civil rights to minorities. For instance, Martin Luther King, Jr., applied to buy a pistol while his family and church congregation were being given death threats. He FAILED the background check.

The people who are pushing this scheme say that it "disenfranchises" minority voters to require them to show ID at the polls -- yet they want those same minorities to show that same ID before they can buy a gun. This exposes their agenda, and we have to let our friends statewide know this.
    Excellent idea.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

The first laws controlling gun ownership in this country only applied to non-whites, and the fear of guns in black hands was why the 1857 Dred Scott decision went the way it did.

After the Civil War, the KKK wrote and passed laws to keep guns out of the "wrong" hands -- and those hands were brown.

It seems that this lesson isn't being lost on the minority community, as a Pew poll shows.

http://www.epictimes.com/2014/12/new...ampaign=buffer

http://www.people-press.org/2014/12/...or-gun-rights/

54% of blacks polled by Pew believe that gun ownership does more to protect safety than to endanger it. This is up from only 29% in December of 2012.
    Last edited by DVC; 12-11-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Anyone who thinks the voting system works is delusional. I think that all my voting has had the effect of this single post ~~ not much.
    Whether the voting system works or not depends on what you want for an outcome. Not everyone wants the same thing!

If you are interested in forcibly controlling your neighbor, voting is quite effective.

If you love independence and freedom, Choosing your masters through the voting process will be detrimental to your freedom.

The idea that your "Ruler" will serve you, Or the Servant is in charge of the ruler.... Is psychotic.

I made a pretty comprehensive and cross-referenced webpage about UBIs. Check it out here

Quote Originally Posted by garand_guy View Post
    I made a pretty comprehensive and cross-referenced webpage about UBIs. Check it out here
    You should add a section on the racist roots of background checks, which were first promoted by the KKK and only performed on blacks who wanted to buy guns -- such as Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    You should add a section on the racist roots of background checks, which were first promoted by the KKK and only performed on blacks who wanted to buy guns -- such as Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Will do!