• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If open carry passes, should you have to get a license to carry? Hit the poll please

twoskinsonemanns

Personally I think you should need a CHL or something equal to a CHL, Each person should be cleared same as we did for CHL. I wouldn't want a crack head or other felon walking around with a sidearm. I know, they can do it now with it concealed, BUT, would they do it open carry?

:banghead:

Voted. Still about 82% and 16%

B

Bikenut

Personally I think you should need a CHL or something equal to a CHL, Each person should be cleared same as we did for CHL. I wouldn't want a crack head or other felon walking around with a sidearm. I know, they can do it now with it concealed, BUT, would they do it open carry?
The idea that the authorities should clear (investigate) someone before they are are given a permit that allows them to carry a gun is based in the naive notion that no one would ever think of not obeying the law.

Thing is... your own statement that you know crack heads and felons don't obey the law and concealed carry without a permit shows that you understand criminals........ don't obey the law. So what would make you think they would obey some law that says they must have a permit to open carry?

Here is food for thought.... if gun control (permit) laws don't prevent criminals from having and carrying guns... who are those laws intended to control?

I voted "NO"...

Bernymac

Have you asked a felon that question? Do you believe they care? Why would they care how you feel about them openly carrying or concealing? Why would they care about being "cleared" for anything?