Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 12/13

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 12/13

River City Diner - Parham Rd - 9:30 am

Just to let everybody know I will not be there. Heading up to Fredericksburg with a pocket full of money and a sign offering to pay cash for guns.

So far on other OCDOer has said they will be there.

Thinking of doing Allman's for lunch afterwards. http://www.yelp.com/biz/allmans-bar-b-q-fredericksburg

Be sure to talk about me.

stay safe.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-13-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: remove exclamation point from title
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Date/Day of week in your title not synch'ed up, skidmark.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Date/Day of week in your title not synch'ed up, skidmark.
    Fixed it - our OC breakfasts are routinely on Saturday.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Thinking of doing Allman's for lunch afterwards. ...
    stay safe.
    Is that ice cream place we stopped at last summer closed for the season now?

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Is that ice cream place we stopped at last summer closed for the season now?
    Think you are probably talking about Carl's - they know skid personally I think - they are still open.
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1433...Fredericksburg
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Think you are probably talking about Carl's - they know skid personally I think - they are still open.
    that's the place, he twisted my arm to stop for lunch at Allman's and then dessert at Carl's. Not that a lot of arm twisting was actually necessary, I enjoyed them both

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1433...Fredericksburg
    Nope! Closed day before Thanksgiving till Valentine's Day.

Carl's
    12 hours ago
    To all of our friends from Carls-wishing great holidays and a happy New Year! See you again in February! Love to all!
    Like Comment
    Helen Foiles Taylor, Leighann Vanover, Lorrie Hamilton Mercer and 140 others like this.

Tammy Miller We will be there
    8 hours ago

Carl's
    November 23
    Today is the last day of the season! Stock up for the winter, see you in February! #carlsicecream
    Can't trust Urbanspoon for much.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    that's the place, he twisted my arm to stop for lunch at Allman's and then dessert at Carl's. Not that a lot of arm twisting was actually necessary, I enjoyed them both
    Twisted your arm? Not hardly. Just told you that if you wanted a ride the rest of the way back to RVA you were going there.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Sometimes I get tired of dining alone, we gun rights folk in Ohio have no more than 10% of the shindigs you Virginians throw. Some day I move there just for the improvement my social life would see.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Sometimes I get tired of dining alone, we gun rights folk in Ohio have no more than 10% of the shindigs you Virginians throw. Some day I move there just for the improvement my social life would see.
    Not always. It's hunting season so I shouldn't be there either but tomorrow, I won't be hunting or at breakfast. I want to be at the gun buyback to see what happens.

It's a southern thing. We like sweet tea, strong coffee and love to gossip (tell inside stories + solve problems).

The most active folks here make up an interesting ecclastic group, offering multiple theories, styles, or ideas to gain complementary insights into a subject.....in other words we share and learn.

Let us know if you are ever in the area. We'll plan something.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-12-2014 at 11:32 AM.

I'm actually happy enough (for the moment) with our "last second heroics" state legislature to stay around Ohio for a spell now. (We got some decent gun rights stuff out of them.) But the political heavy lifting never really ends.

Someday I'll show up at one of your gatherings.

Someday I'll show up at one of your gatherings.
    Let us know if you are ever in the area. We'll plan something.
    if you don't believe that, ask HPmatt
    Last edited by scouser; 12-12-2014 at 04:50 PM.

You want a social life? Post in the Ohio forum that there is going to ba an OC breakfast/lunch/dinner/coffee klatch at a certain place at a certain time, and that everybody is invited. Show up.

If one other person shows up you have been successful. Do it again, and again, and again, and .... Well, you get the idea.

If nobody else shows up they are [nasty and childish terms of derision deleted] and do it again. Do it till someone gets sick of you posting and shows up to tell you to stop it. If you feel generous, offer to buy them breakfast/lunch/dinner/coffee while you discuss things with them. Then post again, and again, and .... Keep it up till folks start showing up. Then refer to the above paragraph.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Twisted your arm? Not hardly. Just told you that if you wanted a ride the rest of the way back to RVA you were going there.

stay safe.
    actually the fact that you said the words "I'll pay" had me hooked

So where are you guys going to eat breakfast at? Just curious to know what we'll be missing.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Amended/edited the OP to show breakfast location:

River City Diner, Parham Rd location at 9:30 am.

Tis the season

for call offs and "Sorry, I can't work". I will have to miss this one too.

:>(

Drive-thru breakfast will never be as good as meeting and eating with friends, but it was for a good cause. We may not have saved them all, but we did save some of them.

If I get through next Wednesday in Williamsburg Gen. Dist. Ct. I hope to see you the following Saturday.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit