• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 12/13

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
River City Diner - Parham Rd - 9:30 am

Just to let everybody know I will not be there. Heading up to Fredericksburg with a pocket full of money and a sign offering to pay cash for guns.

So far on other OCDOer has said they will be there.

Thinking of doing Allman's for lunch afterwards. http://www.yelp.com/biz/allmans-bar-b-q-fredericksburg

Be sure to talk about me.

stay safe.

Last edited by a moderator:

scouser

Think you are probably talking about Carl's - they know skid personally I think - they are still open.
that's the place, he twisted my arm to stop for lunch at Allman's and then dessert at Carl's. Not that a lot of arm twisting was actually necessary, I enjoyed them both

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Think you are probably talking about Carl's - they know skid personally I think - they are still open.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/314/1433514/restaurant/Virginia/Carls-Ice-Cream-Fredericksburg

Nope! Closed day before Thanksgiving till Valentine's Day.

Carl's
12 hours ago
To all of our friends from Carls-wishing great holidays and a happy New Year! See you again in February! Love to all!
Like · Comment
Helen Foiles Taylor, Leighann Vanover, Lorrie Hamilton Mercer and 140 others like this.

Tammy Miller We will be there
8 hours ago

Carl's
November 23
Today is the last day of the season! Stock up for the winter, see you in February! #carlsicecream

Can't trust Urbanspoon for much.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
that's the place, he twisted my arm to stop for lunch at Allman's and then dessert at Carl's. Not that a lot of arm twisting was actually necessary, I enjoyed them both

Twisted your arm? Not hardly. Just told you that if you wanted a ride the rest of the way back to RVA you were going there.

stay safe.

Brian D.

Sometimes I get tired of dining alone, we gun rights folk in Ohio have no more than 10% of the shindigs you Virginians throw. Some day I move there just for the improvement my social life would see. ;)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Sometimes I get tired of dining alone, we gun rights folk in Ohio have no more than 10% of the shindigs you Virginians throw. Some day I move there just for the improvement my social life would see. ;)

Not always. It's hunting season so I shouldn't be there either but tomorrow, I won't be hunting or at breakfast. I want to be at the gun buyback to see what happens.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's a southern thing. We like sweet tea, strong coffee and love to gossip (tell inside stories + solve problems).

The most active folks here make up an interesting ecclastic group, offering multiple theories, styles, or ideas to gain complementary insights into a subject.....in other words we share and learn.

Let us know if you are ever in the area. We'll plan something.:)

Last edited:

Brian D.

I'm actually happy enough (for the moment) with our "last second heroics" state legislature to stay around Ohio for a spell now. (We got some decent gun rights stuff out of them.) But the political heavy lifting never really ends.

Someday I'll show up at one of your gatherings.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

You want a social life? Post in the Ohio forum that there is going to ba an OC breakfast/lunch/dinner/coffee klatch at a certain place at a certain time, and that everybody is invited. Show up.

If one other person shows up you have been successful. Do it again, and again, and again, and .... Well, you get the idea.

If nobody else shows up they are [nasty and childish terms of derision deleted] and do it again. Do it till someone gets sick of you posting and shows up to tell you to stop it. If you feel generous, offer to buy them breakfast/lunch/dinner/coffee while you discuss things with them. Then post again, and again, and .... Keep it up till folks start showing up. Then refer to the above paragraph.

:D

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
So where are you guys going to eat breakfast at? Just curious to know what we'll be missing.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Amended/edited the OP to show breakfast location:

River City Diner, Parham Rd location at 9:30 am.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Drive-thru breakfast will never be as good as meeting and eating with friends, but it was for a good cause. We may not have saved them all, but we did save some of them.

If I get through next Wednesday in Williamsburg Gen. Dist. Ct. I hope to see you the following Saturday.

stay safe.