• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Christmas Giving

nemo

Too little time to set up a dedicated link and bank account - peter nap and the hunters have targeted 12/20 as the giving day.

I have an existing PayPal account that you may use for this if you wish. I will hand the funds to Peter in cash.

PM me for details/address if this works for you.

Grape,

I am low-tech DUMB.

How do I send a PM? and don't tell me that I have done it before, because I can forget ANYthing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grape,

I am low-tech DUMB.

How do I send a PM? and don't tell me that I have done it before, because I can forget ANYthing.

To send PM to me just click on my user name (Grapeshot) on any post and select send Private Message from the drop down menu

OR go to top left of any page and find button/phrase marked Private Messages, scroll down on the left to find Send New.

My primary reason for carring DL/identification is so that on any given moment I can check and see what my real name is :D

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Wow that's great. I would encourage everyone to give a small gift. $5 or $10 can be send to Grape's paypal very easily with no fees and I'd suspect nearly everyone of us could give that without missing it at all.
It could one day be any one of us needing a lil help.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wow that's great. I would encourage everyone to give a small gift. $5 or $10 can be send to Grape's paypal very easily with no fees and I'd suspect nearly everyone of us could give that without missing it at all.
It could one day be any one of us needing a lil help.
There are those amongst us here who have been down. The emotional support/love of fellow man that accompanies each gift is the greatest gift of all.

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+13&version=NKJV

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Getting a cashiers check cut tomorrow morning for the full amount being transferred from PayPal to be delivered Sat. before Christmas. This ends Phase 1.

Funds will be accepted through Dec. 30[SUP]th[/SUP] (Phase 2) to allow late arrival givers the opportunity to be included. This will not be an on going, long term thing. Could the call be renewed at some time - perhaps I suppose, but there no plans to do so.

Did just learn something of interest, a personal insight into the gentleman. He was born with the handicap, physical condition - it is something with which he has had to deal all of his life. Makes me a bit embarrassed to have had concerns about my own limitations.

Thank you so very much to those that dug into what they had and shared it with someone less fortunate. That to me exemplifies the spirit of Christmas.

nemo

To send PM to me just click on my user name (Grapeshot) on any post and select send Private Message from the drop down menu
OR go to top left of any page and find button/phrase marked Private Messages, scroll down on the left to find Send New.

Aw, fudge. I missed your quick response, and was so wrapped up trying to get everything finished at work before leaving for Christmas that I didn't check in until now. We are now out of state with family. If it is not too late, then send me a PM and I can mail something off.

This is a great idea, so let's do this, a little earlier, next year.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Aw, fudge. I missed your quick response, and was so wrapped up trying to get everything finished at work before leaving for Christmas that I didn't check in until now. We are now out of state with family. If it is not too late, then send me a PM and I can mail something off.

This is a great idea, so let's do this, a little earlier, next year.

Will be keeping this open through Dec. 30 - phase II - send it on.

The Christmas spirit is not just for 1 day a year.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The card was given to the head of the disabled group this man was hunting with. He presented it this morning and I just got this PM:

Don, thanks again so much for allowing me to make someone's Christmas. It's hard to beat a *** surprise Christmas card at 5:15 in the morning.

He just kept thanking me and asking who could he thank and why me?. All I can say is thanks again to everyone involved and for making this man's Christmas!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We've had a few late arrival gifts being received - so keeping this account active until Dec. 30[SUP]th[/SUP], at which time we shall make a follow up presentation.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Closing donations/gifts on this. The intention wasn't to make it a long term thing, but to help alleviate a shortfall and bring some cheer into someone's life.

Thanks to all that reached in and contributed + thanks to those that simply gave emotional support and good wishes.

Will be making a 2nd gifting in the next few days. Also have a fellow that has offered to donate 1 or 2 deer from his super secret place - will have to coordinate with Peter to see the best way to accomplish this transfer.