• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to treat 1A like they treat 2A?

Dave Workman

OBJECT LESSON TIME:

:banghead:

Is it time to treat the First Amendment just like the Second?

Two stories in today’s Seattle Times best illustrate the hypocrisy of the political left when it comes to the exercise of civil rights – in this case the First Amendment – and might provide an object lesson to anyone favoring restrictions on the Second Amendment.

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-it-time-to-treat-the-first-amendment-just-like-the-second

XD40sc

Even simpler than that, we keep hearing the anti's talk about the technology, i.e. the 2A was written when a muzzle loader was the technology, yet they are spewing this ignorance through electronic media where they can reach millions of people instantly. When the 1A was written, the largest audience was how many people can gather in one place, and still hear the unamplified voice of the person exercising their 1A rights.

The technology that contributes to the 1A rights has increased the power (or abuse) of the spoken word, exponentially many more times than technology has increased the power (or abuse) of 2A rights.