• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morrissey to do jail time

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The not so funny part is Joe is free to renew his relationship with his former employee - she's over 18 yo now.

Will he regale the local population with his exploits? As I remember things though, inmates don't tolerate those that they see as child molesters well. Wonder if Joe will have to sleep with one eye open?

Better question yet....Will Joe find true love in the City Jail. Maybe BUBBA BOOP !

Gay-Wing-Of-L.A.-Mens-Jail-x400.jpg

Last edited:

va_tazdad

fashions seem, like history, to have a habit of repeating. It just needs someone to start plucking a few chickens to start a trend once more

according to the link in the OP it seems his attorney requested the time be served in the Richmond City Jail

That is so he can be close to his other fellow conspirators and day job, his legislative buddies in the Democratic party.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The not so funny part is Joe is free to renew his relationship with his former employee - she's over 18 yo now.

Will he regale the local population with his exploits? As I remember things though, inmates don't tolerate those that they see as child molesters well. Wonder if Joe will have to sleep with one eye open?

Contributing is not molesting.

According to the TV tonight she is preggers, but nobody has heard who the babydaddy might be. Joe is in the runninng but by the way the talking heads were not saying certain things there are probably a few other candidates.

The talking heads also brought in a "political expert" to tell us that the House could vote to censure or expel but that getting a 2/3 majority is not likely. Sadly, I agree.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Contributing is not molesting.

According to the TV tonight she is preggers, but nobody has heard who the babydaddy might be. Joe is in the runninng but by the way the talking heads were not saying certain things there are probably a few other candidates.

The talking heads also brought in a "political expert" to tell us that the House could vote to censure or expel but that getting a 2/3 majority is not likely. Sadly, I agree.

stay safe.
Pregnancy is not the result of "contributing" in the normal sense of the word. Seems to me that it is more like molesting - blind as that little beast is said to be and with no conscience apparently.

Will be interesting to see if she names the daddy. DNA could tell a lot. Child support etc.

If Joe does turn out to be the father, she may just have outfoxed the fox.

Last edited:

TFred

Surprise of the Day

This has to be the surprise story of the day. Normally, this is the sort of behavior that advances the career of the Democrat politician.

TFred

House Democrats call for Morrissey's 'immediate resignation'

House Democrats on Saturday called for the “immediate resignation” of Del. Joseph D. Morrissey, D-Henrico, who was sentenced to 12 months in jail Friday for having sex with a juvenile.

“This is a very troubling case,” said Minority Leader David Toscano, D-Charlotttesville. “(It) disqualifies him from serving in the House. Our citizens are looking very closely at their legislators and the integrity of the body and his trust with his constituents and his colleagues has been broken. For the good of the General Assembly and the commonwealth, he should immediately resign, and we are actively exploring all available options, including removal, if he does not.”​

Repeater

This has to be the surprise story of the day. Normally, this is the sort of behavior that advances the career of the Democrat politician.

TFred

House Democrats call for Morrissey's 'immediate resignation'

House Democrats on Saturday called for the “immediate resignation” of Del. Joseph D. Morrissey, D-Henrico, who was sentenced to 12 months in jail Friday for having sex with a juvenile.

“This is a very troubling case,” said Minority Leader David Toscano, D-Charlotttesville. “(It) disqualifies him from serving in the House. Our citizens are looking very closely at their legislators and the integrity of the body and his trust with his constituents and his colleagues has been broken. For the good of the General Assembly and the commonwealth, he should immediately resign, and we are actively exploring all available options, including removal, if he does not.”​

What's surprising to me is that Ward Armstrong is the lead defense attorney.

Repeater

TFred

See what's trending over it the Virginia Progressive site, Blue Virginia. Eye-opening blogs, to be sure.

Hitting the Fan?
A strong statement from Virginia House Democrats, with Minority Leader Toscano stating that Morrisey's conviction "disqualifies him from serving in the House," and with the entire caucus demanding that Morrisey "should resign immediately." Now, we'll see if he does, or if he needs to be expelled.

To be expelled?

Last edited:

Repeater

"Lemme tell y'all a story 'bout a man named Joe..."

It seems Fightin' Joe has a story to tell:

After conviction, unrepentant Morrissey vows to bring civil case
An unrepentant Joseph Dee Morrissey, just hours after being sentenced to jail, vowed in an interview this morning to file a civil suit against those who he says conspired against him.

In a two-hour interview with The Times-Dispatch at his Highland Springs law office, Morrissey explained what would have happened had he gone to trial, reading from court documents and witness exhibits and showing evidence that he said prove his innocence. He’d gotten a ride to his law office this morning from a friend, leaving Henrico County’s Jail East in New Kent County 26 miles away at 6 a.m.

“I am a fighter; I’ve always been a fighter and I will show the public what really happened in this case,” Morrissey said.

He said he does not foresee his jail sentence impeding his law practice or his plans to file a civil action against people who he said conspired against him and the innocent alleged victim who worked in his office. He denied having sex with the now 18-year-old but declined to discuss her pregnancy, which was revealed by Neely at a press conference Friday.

“It wouldn’t be appropriate” to discuss her condition, Morrissey said today.

“My work release terms allow me 10 hours a day of work, seven days a week,” he said. He said he can return to jail each night as late as 10 p.m., although there could be extentions for long committee meetings at the General Assembly, which convenes in January.

His explanation: It's a Conspiracy!

Joe Moe. -- the embarrassment that keeps giving, by getting Progressively worse.

va_tazdad

It seems Fightin' Joe has a story to tell:

After conviction, unrepentant Morrissey vows to bring civil case

His explanation: It's a Conspiracy!

Joe Moe. -- the embarrassment that keeps giving, by getting Progressively worse.

Idiot Joe Jr has never been too smart. He did "lose" 2 machine guns while CA and started a fight in a courtroom. He is not new to sleeping behind bars and has plenty of clients if the city jail and will feel right at home.

;>)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Idiot Joe Jr has never been too smart. He did "lose" 2 machine guns while CA and started a fight in a courtroom. He is not new to sleeping behind bars and has plenty of clients if the city jail and will feel right at home.

;>)

It's after 10:00 and he hasn't stepped down Taz. and I doubt he will. He's going to fight a PR war now and blame all his troubles on someone else.
He has nothing else, why would he quit the GA and become mortal. :uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's after 10:00 and he hasn't stepped down Taz. and I doubt he will. He's going to fight a PR war now and blame all his troubles on someone else.
He has nothing else, why would he quit the GA and become mortal. :uhoh:
Still want to hear in his words what he is going to do.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Still no definitive statement from "Fighting Joe" even after being offered a public platform to make his announcement - he continues to bob and weave.
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27623900/del-morrissey-makes-announcement-regarding-future

Is Joe waiting till Monday to check with the Virginia Retirement Service (state pension agency) to find out how much he'll get if he quits now vs. how much he'll get if he sticks it out till the end of this term vs. how much he'll get if he's expelled?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Morrissey's future in Virginia politics remains unclear. He says whatever that decision ends up being, it would be what is in the best interest for the people he represents."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27625020/morrissey-holds-off-deciding-on-political-future

Has Joe ever puts the "best interest" of anyone before that of his own?

Would you buy a used car from this man? Would you trust him with your minor daughter? Would you seek his counsel in a serious legal matter? The people of his district need a more honorable, trustworthy representative IMHO.https://www.google.com/search?q=see...&sa=X&ei=ukGOVMydEfbasATjpYLADQ&ved=0CBwQBSgA

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
VDC and the House Democratic Caucus both saying that if Joe does not resign they will boot him out.

I honestly cannot see anybody on the other side of the aisle raising an objection so long as the Ds start things rolling.

Henrico County School Board member has already announced his intent to run for Joe's seat. http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_7f046614-83b6-11e4-9dc8-279b525108df.html

One comment so far:

Amanda Loraine · Top Commenter · Owner at Southern Charm Consulting
Good luck Lamont Bagby! Let us know how we can help!
Reply · · 10 hours ago

None of "the faithful" seem to be weighing in with calls for Joe to stick it out. :uhoh:

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"Morrissey's future in Virginia politics remains unclear. He says whatever that decision ends up being, it would be what is in the best interest for the people he represents."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27625020/morrissey-holds-off-deciding-on-political-future

Has Joe ever puts the "best interest" of anyone before that of his own?

Would you buy a used car from this man? Would you trust him with your minor daughter? Would you seek his counsel in a serious legal matter? The people of his district need a more honorable, trustworthy representative IMHO.

I would seek his counsel if charged with **Mod snipped** .. seems as if he has experience in that ....

Last edited by a moderator: