• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Morrissey to do jail time

TFred

Marion Barry reincarnated?

You really just can't make this stuff up.

TFred

Morrissey announces resignation, will run in special election

Del. Joseph D. Morrissey, D-Henrico, said Thursday morning he will resign his seat in the House of Delegates but will run in the special election to fill the vacancy Jan. 13, the day before the start of the legislative session.

Morrissey, convicted Friday of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, said he informed House Speaker William J. Howell, R-Stafford, and was told there would be a special election Jan. 13.

Morrissey said he will run in the special election so voters can decide whether they want him to represent them.​

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Marion Barry reincarnated?

You really just can't make this stuff up.

TFred

Morrissey announces resignation, will run in special election

Del. Joseph D. Morrissey, D-Henrico, said Thursday morning he will resign his seat in the House of Delegates but will run in the special election to fill the vacancy Jan. 13, the day before the start of the legislative session.

Morrissey, convicted Friday of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, said he informed House Speaker William J. Howell, R-Stafford, and was told there would be a special election Jan. 13.

Morrissey said he will run in the special election so voters can decide whether they want him to represent them.​

That man's stupid enough to be a Connecticut Lawyer!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Morrissey, convicted Friday of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, said he informed House Speaker William J. Howell, R-Stafford, and discussed the special election. Morrissey said he will run then so voters can decide whether they want him to represent them.
Top Democrats and Gov. Terry McAuliffe have called for Morrissey to step down after his Alford plea to the charge that avoided a trial on felony counts stemming from his relationship with a 17-year-old girl who worked in his law office. He had faced up to 41 years in prison on the more serious charges.
“Right now there is a bit of a cloud, a taint over my seat. Folks from the governor’s office on down have called for my resignation. And I have given and have done everything that my detractors have said. ‘We want you to step down.’ So I’ll do that,"....

He just does not get that the House of Delegates, the VDP, and the Governor have called for his resignation because his behavior, as evidenced by his conviction )notwithstanding his assertion he was "framed") is considered repugnant and his continuing presence is an insult to the body of the House of Delegates.

"Let's let the voters decide"? The voters do not care if Joe contributed to the delinquency of a minor. They would not care if he was caught on tape raping Mother Teresa's corpse. With the Pope there as a [horrified and shocked, I hope] witness They care about Free Cheese and that Joe defended their relatives.

I hope that if Joe wins the special election the House of Delegates refuses to seat him and takes action to expel him. Sadly, my confidence in that is less than that they would have expelled him had he not decided to resign.

NOW - a trivia question: Since Joe was placed on Work Release so he could fulfil his legislative duties - will he be removed from that program effective the date of his resignation?

And a second trivia question - just how many comments and LTE about that do you think the Times Dispatch will allow before shutting them down?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He just does not get that the House of Delegates, the VDP, and the Governor have called for his resignation because his behavior, as evidenced by his conviction )notwithstanding his assertion he was "framed") is considered repugnant and his continuing presence is an insult to the body of the House of Delegates.

--snipped--

NOW - a trivia question: Since Joe was placed on Work Release so he could fulfil his legislative duties - will he be removed from that program effective the date of his resignation?

stay safe.
Denial of work release would be nice, but not likely. Poppa Joe would probably ask for and get work release to work on his campaign and to perfect his "proof" that he was framed - just another sweetheart serving.

No orange jump suit either - wonder if his PJs have little hearts & bunnies on them.

I'm not so sure that the GA might not refuse to seat him - I still have a small measure of faith in the system.

Grab a rope and to the Bell Tower. Ring the bells, sound the alarm!

Repeater

From the RTD, quoting 'tainted' Joe:
Right now there is a bit of a cloud, a taint over my seat.

stay safe.

Here is the kind of cloud hanging over his district, the kind of taint that Joe actually represents.

Radiation-Nuclear-Power-World-Globe-Danger.jpg

[size=+3]Joe Fuku[strike]shima[/strike] - Toxic Radiation Cloud[/size]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Breaking News

Sheriff: Morrissey charged with violating work release, must stay in jail

Sheriff's deputies said Del. Joe Morrissey (D-Henrico) violated the terms of his work release late Thursday, after he campaigned at an Eastern Henrico County shopping center.

Morrissey is now forced to remain in jail, until he is brought before a judge for an institutional hearing. According to the Henrico Sheriff's Office, Morrissey did not notify his supervisors of his intent to campaign at a supermarket near Richmond International Airport.

Morrissey handed in his notice of resignation effective Jan. 13, 2015, the date of an upcoming special election.

House of Delegates Speaker William J. Howell (R-Stafford) railed against Morrissey's decision to seek the seat in the special election, calling it "deceitful, selfish and disrespectful."

"This is a despicable, arrogant political stunt that should disgust each and every citizen of Virginia," Howell said in a statement. "The people of the 74th district deserve better than this and the obligation now rests with them to retire Mr. Morrissey permanently."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/27666556...with-violating-work-release-must-stay-in-jail

Old Virginia Joe

Sheriff's deputies said Del. Joe Morrissey (D-Henrico) violated the terms of his work release late Thursday, after he campaigned at an Eastern Henrico County shopping center.Morrissey is now forced to remain in jail, until he is brought before a judge for an institutional hearing. According to the Henrico Sheriff's Office, Morrissey did not notify his supervisors of his intent to campaign at a supermarket near Richmond International Airport.
House of Delegates Speaker William J. Howell (R-Stafford) railed against Morrissey's decision to seek the seat in the special election, calling it "deceitful, selfish and disrespectful." "This is a despicable, arrogant political stunt that should disgust each and every citizen of Virginia," Howell said in a statement. "The people of the 74th district deserve better than this and the obligation now rests with them to retire Mr. Morrissey permanently."

If that ain't a case of someone "screwing up a wet dream" I don't know what is! Didn't take him long to ruin a good favor.

Repeater

It's probably bad manners, but

:banana: :monkey :banana: :monkey :banana:

stay safe.

Did you all know that ...

Henrico County Circuit Court records can now be accessed online, ending the county’s distinction as the lone locality in the state without the service.

Well! Take a look now, type in 'Morrissey' and see what trouble Joe has been in over the years.

Now we know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

scouser

Purely satirical, there is actually no truth in the 'rumor' that 11th & 12th grade math students have added their own brand of graffiti to his office building

morrissey the pedophile.jpg

davidmcbeth

Banned

Sheriff's deputies said Del. Joe Morrissey (D-Henrico) violated the terms of his work release late Thursday, after he campaigned at an Eastern Henrico County shopping center.

Morrissey is now forced to remain in jail, until he is brought before a judge for an institutional hearing. According to the Henrico Sheriff's Office, Morrissey did not notify his supervisors of his intent to campaign at a supermarket near Richmond International Airport.

Morrissey handed in his notice of resignation effective Jan. 13, 2015, the date of an upcoming special election.

House of Delegates Speaker William J. Howell (R-Stafford) railed against Morrissey's decision to seek the seat in the special election, calling it "deceitful, selfish and disrespectful."

"This is a despicable, arrogant political stunt that should disgust each and every citizen of Virginia," Howell said in a statement. "The people of the 74th district deserve better than this and the obligation now rests with them to retire Mr. Morrissey permanently."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/27666556...with-violating-work-release-must-stay-in-jail

Its not fair. Its not fair! Bawwww...