Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch

"Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch

Hello there everyone,

I wanted to get a feel for what Saturday would work best for another OC outing, this time preceded by some time at the range!

Details:
    Who: OCers, CCers, and other Freedom-loving individuals.
    What: OC lunch and range time
    Where: the range will be the Scottsdale Gun Club, and the eatery will be David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food, a great place we found some months back.
    When: Saturday, 31st of January. Range from 11 am, Lunch at 1:45 pm (gives range attendees time to navigate the congested streets of Scottsdale).
    Why: Because perfect practice makes perfect, and friendly banter among friends never hurts.

The manager told me his establishment abides by and respects AZ law, so we are welcome in his establishment and our lawfully-carried sidearms are welcome. Also, he'd like a rough estimate of how many people will be in our group so as to make preparations, so PLEASE let me know so I can give him the numbers.

Addresses:
    Scottsdale Gun Club
    14860 N. Northsight Blvd.
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/contact-63

David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food
    7212 E Main St
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7212+E...le%2C+AZ+85251

As always, one need not carry to join us; OC, CC, or no-C, just grace us with your company and let us hear what New Year's Resolution you've already given up on.

We're hoping to make this a monthly occurrence, so let me know of places that have respected our RKBA and our choice to OC (also, remember that some of our members are under 21 and cannot CC or receive a CCW permit).
    Again, let me know which of these Saturdays works best for you and yours.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-24-2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Updated the details
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Hello there everyone,

I wanted to get a feel for what Saturday would work best for another OC outing, this time preceded by some time at the range!

Details:
    Where: Scottsdale Gun Club, and a great burger place we found some months back (will be calling them to see if it can be a "formal" event).
    When: Saturday in January; looking at the possibility of the 31st, though the 17th or 24th would work as well.
    Why: Because perfect practice makes perfect, and friendly banter among friends never hurts.

As always, one need not carry to join us; OC, CC, or no-C, just grace us with your company and let us hear what New Year's Resolution you've already given up on.

We're hoping to make this a monthly occurrence, so let me know of places that have respected our RKBA and our choice to OC (also, remember that some of our members are under 21 and cannot CC or receive a CCW permit).
    Again, let me know which of these Saturdays works best for you and yours.

Oh wow! I fly into PHX on the 17th but not until late afternoon - flying in for five days so I can lock a house to rent in PV for my move to AZ in February!

Even though I can't make this one, I'm salivating over the move being so close to happening already!

"Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch

I can make it any of those days and am happy with any of them.

I think a publicly announced event would be nice if the restaurant is good with that.
    Last edited by PeterNSteinmetz; 12-14-2014 at 08:55 PM.

So far so good

As of right now 17th or 31st would work for me (31st best for getting my hands on more ammo). Let me know that way I can block out the day for sure, worse case scenario I dont have ammo and can do lunch only, either way a fun time will be had by all
    Last edited by Javelina; 12-15-2014 at 02:04 PM.

[QUOTE=Javelina;2115128 Let me know that way I can block out the day for sure, worse case scenario I dont have ammo and can do lunch only, either way a fun time will be had by all [/QUOTE]

I can also likely sell you a box if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    I can also likely sell you a box if needed.
    He carries a S&W 40 cal. chambered gun last I heard. Specifically a glock22

He'll need 15+1 & another 15 for the spare mag, assuming he owns own.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    He carries a S&W 40 cal. chambered gun last I heard. Specifically a glock22

He'll need 15+1 & another 15 for the spare mag, assuming he owns own.
    This is correct ^^^ I'll try and pick up 100 rounds for the day as well as some cheap practice ammo that I can run through my P-64 (Shoots Makarov 9x18mm).

Just got off the phone; it looks like we found a place we can patronize for respecting state law and allowing the LAWFUL carry of self-defense tools in their establishment.

The manager has simply asked that they be given a day&time, as well as a rough estimate of the number of reservations.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Great work Rusty! Thanks.

Have you locked a date yet?

If it's the 31st, I can be there! My move drive from anti-land (is that a valid word for California?) will bring me into town that day or the day before... Would be an epic way to start my new free state life!

And the 1st opportunity for me to open carry, outside my home, legally! #JustSayin
    Last edited by ODAAT; 12-20-2014 at 03:43 AM.

Glad to hear you're finally escaping the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia (AKA "Kalifornia" or "Commiefornia" for short; other names are understood too).

Haven't finalized the date yet; we're shooting for () the date with the most people available. But I'll post the full details here, update the original post and send PMs when it is.

Glad to hear you're finally escaping the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia (AKA "Kalifornia" or "Commiefornia" for short; other names are understood too).

The finalized details

Mark your calendars, the date is set! "Bullets, Burgers, and Resolutions" January 2015 OC lunch details below.

Details:
    Where: the range will be the Scottsdale Gun Club, and the eatery will be David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food, a great place we found some months back.
    When: Saturday, 31st of January. Range from 11 am, Lunch at 1:45 pm (gives range attendees time to navigate the congested streets of Scottsdale).

One need not carry to join us; OC, CC, or no-C, just grace us with your company and let us hear what New Year's Resolution you've already given up on.

The manager told me his establishment abides by and respects AZ law, so we are welcome in his establishment and our lawfully-carried sidearms are welcome. Also, he'd like a rough estimate of how many people will be in our group so as to make preparations, so PLEASE let me know so I can give him the numbers.

Addresses:
    Scottsdale Gun Club
    14860 N. Northsight Blvd.
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/contact-63

David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food
    7212 E Main St
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7212+E...le%2C+AZ+85251

P.S.: We're hoping to make the lunches a monthly occurrence, so let me know of places that have respected our RKBA and our choice to OC (remembering that some of our members are under 21 and cannot CC or receive a CCW permit).
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-24-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Cool Count me in!

Also, he'd like a rough estimate of how many people will be in our group so as to make preparations, so PLEASE let me know so I can give him the numbers.
    I will be there. And what a truly positive, friendly way to mark my first day of living in Arizona!
    Last edited by ODAAT; 12-24-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Its the wife's BD maybe next month.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
    I will be there. And what a truly positive, friendly way to mark my first day of living in Arizona!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Its the wife's BD maybe next month.
    Welcome & hope to see you both there. These events are always fun & it give us a chance to meet fellow freedom lovers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

The Javelina will be there

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Welcome & hope to see you both there. These events are always fun & it give us a chance to meet fellow freedom lovers.
    The Javelina will be there as well, Mrs. Javelina may tag along but we are not sure as we would have to figure out a plan for Javelina Jr. Will there be other women OC'ing in attendance? The Mrs's has started to ponder the idea of carrying and it would be sweet if she could speak with other women who carry in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    The Javelina will be there as well, Mrs. Javelina may tag along but we are not sure as we would have to figure out a plan for Javelina Jr. Will there be other women OC'ing in attendance? The Mrs's has started to ponder the idea of carrying and it would be sweet if she could speak with other women who carry in any way.
    This is great news, since a larger group means a merrier group.
    I can personally guarantee that AT LEAST one OCing lady will be in attendance, and not just some guy in drag either.

As odd as it may sound in this world of media over-generalization, it isn't just old, fat, white, Protestant males from the South who carry guns; I may be called old by my nieces and nephew, and I may be getting a little thick around the middle, but I'm sure I only adhere to one of the traits on the list, and one of the ladies may adhere to none of them.

Sure I'll give it a shot, the food part anyways, not big on indoor ranges, get a headache real quick
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Just checked out the range. Happy to see they can accommodate my AR15 so it looks like I'll bring that with me as well :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Sure I'll give it a shot, the food part anyways, not big on indoor ranges, get a headache real quick
    No problem, we'd be happy to have you!

Quote Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
    Just checked out the range. Happy to see they can accommodate my AR15 so it looks like I'll bring that with me as well :-)
    Yep. Saw several sporting rifles at the last range-lunch meet.
    To answer a few questions some of you may have about SGC's range policies:

Quote Originally Posted by SGC FAQ page
    Q: How much does it cost?
    A: It is 15 dollars per person per hour to use the range.
    Semi-automatic gun rental fees can be viewed here
    Fully automatic machine gun rental fees can be viewed here
    These prices do not included ammunition or targets.

Q: Am I allowed to shoot my own firearm?
    A: Yes. You may bring your own firearms to shoot. We require all firearms to be in a secure case, range bag, or holstered prior to entering our facility. The ammunition must be range safe. No steel core or tracer rounds may be used.

Q: I have never shot before. Do I need to take a class?
    A: You do not need prior instruction in order to shoot at our range. We do require that you watch a safety video and fill out a waiver (before) using our facilities. We also offer private instruction and a wide variety of classes for everyone from first time to veteran shooters.
    A list of our available classes can be viewed here.
    We always encourage firearms training to enhance proficiency and safety.
    Q: Can I shoot rifles and shotguns at your range? What kind of ammunition is allowed?
    A: Yes. We allow rifles under .50 calibers. We DO NOT allow ammunition that is steel core, armor piercing, tracer, incendiary, or bi-metal jacketed. Shotguns are allowed, however the rounds must be at least #4 buckshot (or larger), or slugs. No birdshot/target loads. We ask that you inform our range staff that you intend on shooting a rifle or shotgun prior to entering the range so that they may verify your ammunition is appropriate for use on our range.
    Q: What type of clothing is required to use the range at Scottsdale Gun Club? Do you have a dress code?
    A: We don't have a dress code, however, we recommend shooters wear closed-toed footwear and shirts that aren't low cut to avoid getting burned by spent shell casings.
    Trust, but verify: http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/faq

Here is the link to their safety video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeQEg...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-28-2014 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Eliminating those pesky asterisks

Count me in.

New to AZ and looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting in some range time. See you there

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT View Post
    New to AZ and looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting in some range time. See you there
    We look forward to seeing you there Billy T.

Sounds like this is shaping up nicely. Look forward to seeing you all there. [emoji4]

Alright people, we're six days from the meet-up and I hope you're all as excited as I am.

There's many Freedom-loving folks to meet, much to talk about, and lots to eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast