Thread: Rethinking Gun Control
Nowhere in the CDC's recent report have I found any tangible evidence that either background checks of dealers/gunshows or restricted sales of handguns would in any manner whatsoever lead to a reduction in gun violence or crime.
Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)
Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.
I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.
Keep in mind that 'gun control' advocates are:
1. Rage-o-holics who can't show evidence or rational thought
2. Would be the first to hide behind a carrier in a convenience store being robbed
3. Want gun-advocates to be killed by the cops (see #1 above)
4. Are lying to you about their motives
5. Are absolutely aware that 'controlling firearms' does absolutely nothing to stop criminals from possessing guns
6. Want you to be disarmed so that they feel safe aggressing against you.
7. Have armed bodyguards or are secretly armed, themselves.
8. Project their own incompetence or rage issues on to gun carriers, knowing THEY would not be safe with a gun so they think you are dangerous.
9. Do not see how disarming LAC will come back to haunt them, if they are successful
10. Can't engage in a rational argument, having 'logic-tight' compartmentalization on this issue.
The CDC has previously made it known that they are not experts in gun studies or gun information.
Why they continue to wade into this subject matter shows that they are more a political organization than a scientific one.
I would eliminate this agency all together; I cannot believe anything that they say.
Any author who demonstrates even vague awareness of the relationship between prohibition and gun violence, and comes out anywhere on the side of more prohibition, is morally bankrupt.
Oh, and Saxxon, prohibitionism is definitionally illiberal.