Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McAuliffe to reveal plans for the General Assembly session

McAuliffe to reveal plans for the General Assembly session

Banned
    Start making an argument like he is encouraging people to pipe bomb schools...as that is what happened in Israel when they started passing gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    LOL Hahahahahahahaha

What Tmac wants, and what he will get are two different things.

I don't see the Republicans rolling over and giving him anything on his wish list. Not even the RINOs we have elected. They are not as dumb as the Yankees in CT and NY.

;>)

Blumbum's puppet spreading manure.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Not only does he seem to have a problem with the second amendment but with the first amendment as well. McBloomberg or Mass your choice.

Blatantly using "gun control" to impose control over citizens on totally unrelated matters (child support) and extending the level/scope of punishment for crimes that are "icky".

I just "love" the idea of taking away someone's CHP over unpaid child support, as opposed to, oh, I don't know, maybe charging them with failure to pay child support using the law about failing to pay child support that is already on the books:

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+16.1-292 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+20-79.1 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...00+cod+20-79.2 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+60.2-608 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...cod+60.2-608.1 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+cod+63.2-1937 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...od+63.2-1940.1 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+cod+63.2-1941 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+cod+63.2-1946 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+cod+63.2-1950

That's just for one category of new victims of gun control McCauliff wants to create. I'm too lazy to do the same for the other categories of new victims.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

If anyone ever gets the chance, please ask the good governor just what kind of gun does he own. Maybe include a few in-depth questions to see if he really does own a gun and has spent time training with it. I'm betting it's an airsoft gun.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    If anyone ever gets the chance, please ask the good governor just what kind of gun does he own. Maybe include a few in-depth questions to see if he really does own a gun and has spent time training with it. I'm betting it's an airsoft gun.
    More like a rubber-band gun. Something he can't harm himself with.

;>)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Last year he signed the Sunday Hunting Bill after it was approved by some of the most anti gun members in the GA. That was step one and I thanked him.....but I wasn't falling for the "I'm a hunter and not anti gun" BS for a second and said so. He was just setting the stage to split the two groups up to reduce opposition to his gun grabs.

It wasn't necessary. Groups like VCDL were doing that for him.

Now he's going to try to convince enough fence sitting legislators to go along with his "It's for the children" package.

Complacency Kills

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    LOL Hahahahahahahaha

What Tmac wants, and what he will get are two different things.

I don't see the Republicans rolling over and giving him anything on his wish list. Not even the RINOs we have elected. They are not as dumb as the Yankees in CT and NY.

;>)
    va tazard,

I wish I shared your optimism. Gun rights in the State of Washington were steam-rolled in November. Like Washinton, TMac has Bloomberg money and a willing press. We should not underestimate the threat. Complacency kills when handling guns and when dealing with politicians.

Keep your powder dry,
    Thundar
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Start making an argument like he is encouraging people to pipe bomb schools...as that is what happened in Israel when they started passing gun control laws.
    No David,

Gun rights are civil rights. We should spread the word about his attempted suppression of civil rights.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    No David,

Gun rights are civil rights. We should spread the word about his attempted suppression of civil rights.
    I agree ... gun rights are both a natural right and a civil right.

"McA*****e will also propose keeping guns away from people convicted of crimes related to domestic violence..."

Does he not think domestic violence is a big deal? Does he in fact tacitly support it?

If he thought domestic violence were serious, and really wanted to deter it, he would push for it becoming a felony and not single out the civil rights of Virginians for attack.

At the last Lobby Day (or maybe the year before), some Demo-nazi was pushing this same deceitful angle. I approached her with the same perspective, and asked why she wouldn't instead push for making the crime a felony if it were indeed so bad. She got rather tongue tied in trying to come up with some excuse on the spot. Seems she was rather uncomfortable in facing her own hypocrisy.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    I just did an interview with Channel 12 today about the Governor's wish list.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Post a link when you get one Jim.

I was just in sort of a post with a Douwg hunter that likes the idea of background checks. He's an outtastater though!

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Tori and I just saw the interview. You did a great job and looked very professional as you always do.

Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    Tori and I just saw the interview. You did a great job and looked very professional as you always do.
    Now we can all see the interview!

Both sides passionate about McAuliffe's proposed gun purchase regs

I'll bet.

I don't want to sound mean, but...

The gun-control side really couldn't find someone with slightly more life experience? I guess they are going for the children, by the children now.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by speed41ae View Post
    Thank you very much!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    I don't want to sound mean, but...

The gun-control side really couldn't find someone with slightly more life experience? I guess they are going for the children, by the children now.
    It's never been about life experience. Just like it's never been about knowing much about the background check system that already exists.

It's about the FEELZ!

Although I am glad to hear that she is opposed to friends or family members buying a firearm for a prohibited person. I'm pretty sure most law-abiding citizens share her opposition.

Jim - well done!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Have any of these "ideas" made it into the form of legislation yet?

TFred

Tyrant Bloomberg's handyman trying to show some steam.
    You all better show up for Lobby Day to send a message to our law makers that McAwful's dreams can stay with him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    Now we can all see the interview!

Both sides passionate about McAuliffe's proposed gun purchase regs

I'll bet.
    at 1:55 into vid: order a few handguns and red flags go up? Good job good job .. he likely regrets saying it

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    It's never been about life experience. Just like it's never been about knowing much about the background check system that already exists.

It's about the FEELZ!

Although I am glad to hear that she is opposed to friends or family members buying a firearm for a prohibited person. I'm pretty sure most law-abiding citizens share her opposition.

Jim - well done!

stay safe.
    Jim did great as always. I find it interesting that the Libs and Tmac let a 17 year old represent them. I have T shirts with more experience and knowledge than her. Tmac's plan to put the one gun a month rule back in play is a joke since it did NOTHING to reduce crime,m and his spew about the gun show "loophole" being used by criminals to buy guns has no basis in reality or facts.

Just Tmac trying to do his master's bidding. (Bloomers) Nice to know who is actually running the state gubermant.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    We need a purchase permit system for vehicles - so many of them are used to transport criminals to and from their job location.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast