• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings is anti-gun

jfslicer

Answering "I'm off duty" would not even be close to saying your a cop anyway....hence the recommendation

I was thinking about this and perhaps a better way to handle this conversation is:

"Are you a police officer?"
"Why? Is there a problem?" (Someone on here said that's usually how they answer that question, and I think it's great!)
"We only allow uniformed police to carry guns in our establishment."
"So I can't come when I'm off duty? I'll let my buddies know, we don't like to visit places that don't respect us."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't mince my words nor like to leave the impression that I might be a LEO - even if the listener concludes falsely so.

My response generally is, "No, I'm a law abiding citizen. Do you not desire such here?"

wittmeba

Freedom1Man,

Please do return to BWW in a month or so and let us know (whether you go inside or not) if they post any sign regarding Code of conduct and guns. I'd bet there will not be any change.

Freedom1Man

Freedom1Man,

Please do return to BWW in a month or so and let us know (whether you go inside or not) if they post any sign regarding Code of conduct and guns. I'd bet there will not be any change.

I did something more statist (evil) than that. If I am lucky what I did might bust the Franchise owner hard. It takes at least 3million to open a BWW because you have to open min 2 to get a franchise, at 1.5 million each, plus fees, and you have to have a bar, if your lose your liquor license, you lose the bar, if you lose the bar you lose your franchise.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Ditto. Any business that doesn't support the 2nd Amendment does not deserve one red cent.

They recently opened one here in CDA. I will have to go see if they tell me I can't OC.

I agree wholeheartedly. I will make this confession. 2 or 3 times a year the wife requires a movie theater experience. I begrudgingly admit I hide my firearm (CC) in order to gain access to the establishment. They are antis big time. Shameful to give them my hard earned cash. I suck. :mad:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree wholeheartedly. I will make this confession. 2 or 3 times a year the wife requires a movie theater experience. I begrudgingly admit I hide my firearm (CC) in order to gain access to the establishment. They are antis big time. Shameful to give them my hard earned cash. I suck. :mad:
I can't read the small print on the doors.:uhoh:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Let me get this straight: You put your gun in the car then paid them money? You should have taken a stand right then and there. IMHO

Once I find out someone's a commie I would not do anything. If I ate some food or was almost done and they demanded I put the gun in my car .... I would have, with me and just drive off w/o paying.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Once I find out someone's a commie I would not do anything. If I ate some food or was almost done and they demanded I put the gun in my car .... I would have, with me and just drive off w/o paying.
Better to ask that all meals in your party be comped. Leaving w/o paying is a crime in most (all?) states.

9.05.010 Defrauding an innkeeper.
A person is guilty of defrauding an innkeeper if he or she obtains any food, lodging or accommodation at any hotel, motel, restaurant, boardinghouse or lodginghouse without paying therefor, with the intent to defraud the proprietor or manager thereof, or obtains credit at a hotel, motel, restaurant, boardinghouse or lodginghouse by color or aid of any false pretense, representation, token or writing, or otherwise absconds or surreptitiously removes his or her baggage therefrom without paying for such food, lodging or accommodation

willy1094

Better to ask that all meals in your party be comped. Leaving w/o paying is a crime in most (all?) states.

9.05.010 Defrauding an innkeeper.
A person is guilty of defrauding an innkeeper if he or she obtains any food, lodging or accommodation at any hotel, motel, restaurant, boardinghouse or lodginghouse without paying therefor, with the intent to defraud the proprietor or manager thereof, or obtains credit at a hotel, motel, restaurant, boardinghouse or lodginghouse by color or aid of any false pretense, representation, token or writing, or otherwise absconds or surreptitiously removes his or her baggage therefrom without paying for such food, lodging or accommodation

Maybe this: "I have no problem taking my gun to my vehicle, but I will be taking myself with it and leaving." Just make it a matter of fact that if they are asking your gun to leave they are asking you to leave. I cannot see how they could have an expectation of being paid for anything if they tell you to leave. At that point, you have not done any of "color or aid of any false pretense, representation, token or writing, or otherwise absconds or surreptitiously removes his or her baggage". However, I do recall a couple being arrested after refusing to pay the 18% tip for a large party that they claimed received horrible service. What is right and what you can be arrested for don't always go hand in hand.

Last edited:

wittmeba

Similar to my thoughts that you should ask a merchant "Can I spend some money first (for the selling merchant)?". Let them make a sound decision that will directly affect their business. If food and you are not allowed to finish, you should not have any obligation to pay even for part of the meal.

Last edited: