• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC in PA

JohnM15A

OK, I know this is a OC forum but I have one little question. I live in VA and OC all the time there. I plan to travel to York in March and want to get a concealed carry permit from PA. I know that PA honors VA's permit but I would feel better with a PA permit. I have been checking out each county online and they all seem to require one to appear in person to either apply or pick up the permit.

Is there a county where I can apply and receive a permit without appearing in person?

JohnM15A

This might help:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

However you should Google the PA circuit court and present the question to them. Any other answer might be wrong or an opinion. :) Search on Non resident permits. They indicate they will No Longer issue by mail.

Thanks, I guess this says it all: "It is simple to get a PA Non

"Resident Permit/License. Starting 3/31/11 PA will no longer issue by mail. You have to make a trip to PA to apply. If they do not issue it to you in your short visit they will mail you the permit/license when it is approved."

JustaShooter

Looks like you found your answer, but something else to consider is that some counties will not issue to non-residents, and some that do issue to non-residents require your two references to be county residents. I'd recommend that you call ahead and check before showing up.

wittmeba

At least they indicate you only need to make 1 initial trip - then they can mail if you can't get the process completed and need to move on.