Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Circle Jan. 15 on your calendar!

Circle Jan. 15 on your calendar!

Evergreen State Second Amendment activists now focusing on Jan. 15

With last Saturday’s “I Will Not Comply” event now history, Evergreen State Second Amendment activists are shifting their focus to an event one month from today on the Capitol steps that will have some heavy-duty backing by two locally-based national gun rights organizations, and the grassroots group that has grown out of the battle against Initiative 594, which took effect earlier this month.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ever...sing-on-jan-15

Question Jan 15

Why on a Thursday?

Would not a weekend date get more participation?

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    Why on a Thursday?

are the legislatures actually going to be there on a weekend? Think about that for a second. It might give you the answer to your question. And maybe if you read the article, that would also answer your question.

Next month’s Olympia event may differ in several ways, not the least of which is that it happens on a weekday/work day – gun owners do have jobs – and the Legislature will be in town. This will allow activists from across the state to visit their district senators and representatives, and explain their concerns about I-594 and several new gun control proposals that have been announced.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Smile Jan.15th

My concern was participation, as I said...
    While it's nice to have a politician or two in the neighborhood who may see the group,
    greater numbers (which a Saturday might allow) might be seen on TV with more effect.

Your highlighted abstract IS my point . I suspect that attendance for media coverage is
    important, perhaps as important as creating political influence.

Care to expound?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    are the legislatures actually going to be there on a weekend? Think about that for a second. It might give you the answer to your question. And maybe if you read the article, that would also answer your question.
    Why would reward a forum spammer with link clicks?

Question Jan 15th

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Why would reward a forum spammer with link clicks?
    OK - now explain your comment.

Please.

Red face Jan 15th,

NavyLCDR: Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Dave_pro2A considers Dave Workman to be a forum spammer by starting threads about and posting links to his own columns. Dave_pro2A's feelings largely prompted by this thread:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...book+concealed

with two pages of his book in post #23 of that thread which appear to be very anti-open carry, but Dave Workman also came on later in that thread to explain himself.
    Thanks for the reminder.

4 years later and Workman STILL has not enforced his copyrights on all the articles I linked to in this thread:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1190406

Opps, there goes his copyright claims.

Someone here needs to stop acting like a 4 year old......
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

a possible strategy to shut down commercial and public or private gun ranges
    Maybe some should be shut down based on the fact that they are at the least $h!th0les and at the worst totally unsafe.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by Contrarian View Post
    Why on a Thursday?

This is a chance to meet legislatures, not another rally on the green.

deros and I will be there Dave...
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    This is a chance to meet legislatures, not another rally on the green.

deros and I will be there Dave...
    Look forward to seeing you again Nick. Jim called me and said there's a carload of you guys coming down. Always nice to see adults in the audience

It's my understanding that some of the plaintiffs in the SAF lawsuit against I-594 will also be attending, and it'll give some of you guys a chance to meet.

anybody interested in carpooling from Lynwood

I have room for 3 peopleand I was thinking of getting an early start it takes 2 hours to get down there from Lynwood

Well, Komo has pics of it.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/H...lery&c=y&img=0

The first pic is exactly perfect for the antis. At least everyone wasn't in BDU or Realtree.

Great! We have a moron wearing a gas mask in the upper gallery

I do not like wearing a suit, but photos/videos that are viewed by the middle of the line type of folks need to see us at our best on television. That moron looks like a character out of Mad Max.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    And the complaining begins about people exercising their rights in ways that the whiners don't agree with....

"Oh it's OK to exercise your 1st and 2nd amendment rights.... Just don't do it in a way that I think makes ME look bad. "
    Sounds like a typical leftwing tactic and just like our charming government

*wonders how badly he'll be shot for that :P *
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

And the complaining begins about people exercising their rights in ways that the whiners don't agree with....

"Oh it's OK to exercise your 1st and 2nd amendment rights.... Just don't do it in a way that I think makes ME look bad. "

And? Oh...wait, I see it now....that guy on the left is half-a$$ed concealing his pistol....yeah, that's bad....it might scare people into thinking he is trying to hide something...never mind.

Are we cross about something? You seem a little off center over something.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    The anti-gun crowd talks crap about anybody who carries a firearm - except cops - which is to be expected (paranoid, criminals about to snap at any time, etc, etc).
    Some of the concealed carry only crowd talks crap about anyone who open carries in any way - cowboy, compensating, cop wannabe, etc, etc, etc.
    Some of the pistol only open carry crowd talks crap about long gun open carry.

How many anti-gun people do you hear complaining about other anti-gun people? Almost none. And that is one of the big reasons they win.

In my opinion - it's the fact that we point at others and exclaim "Look at the moron! They are hurting us more than helping us" that hurts us more than the guy wearing the gas mask or the guy safely carrying the LAR-PDS.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

I'm not so sure that a guy walking into a business of mine, carrying a firearm like he is, wouldn't be shot before he made it all the way in.

There's a lot about this picture that gives Anti-Gun proponents a lot of ammunition against the responsible members of the "Gun Community".

Why couldn't he have just let it hang from the sling rather than at the ready?

Flame as you wish. Apparently nobody recognizes "stupid" when they see it anymore.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Except....

This isn't a business.
    This is a gun rights rally.
    The anti's hate you no matter what.
    He may be acting stupid, so what?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The anti-gun crowd talks crap about anybody who carries a firearm - except cops - which is to be expected (paranoid, criminals about to snap at any time, etc, etc).
    Some of the concealed carry only crowd talks crap about anyone who open carries in any way - cowboy, compensating, cop wannabe, etc, etc, etc.
    Some of the pistol only open carry crowd talks crap about long gun open carry.

How many anti-gun people do you hear complaining about other anti-gun people? Almost none. And that is one of the big reasons they win.

In my opinion - it's the fact that we point at others and exclaim "Look at the moron! They are hurting us more than helping us" that hurts us more than the guy wearing the gas mask or the guy safely carrying the LAR-PDS.
    I understand what you are saying and division among the 2nd amendment supporters does not help our cause, I do see your point and agree with this. I will try to convey my knee jerk reaction to the pictures posted by KOMO.

The pro-gun folks participating in the rally need to realize that some of the state Representatives are sitting on the fence on gun issues and need to see us at our best. This is a rally at the Capitol and not a hunting trip; so should one not dress appropriately for the occasion? When I attend the theater for a play, or Church, or invited to a dinner function, well my attire reflects on the circumstances that I am involved in. I know people are on a budget and not everyone can afford a nice suit, but we as representatives of the pro-gun movement can do better and should.

The fellow wearing a gas mask has every right too wear it anytime he wants, and I will support that, but I still think his actions are moronic. The question is does this help or hinder the impressions our fence sitting Representatives see us as pro 2nd Amendment activist?

To address handguns and rifles being carried at the rally, I expected as much, and believe that everyone should, for is it not the point of the rally (gun freedom).

I personally don't care if people want to carry a rocket launcher strapped across their back while grocery shopping and smoking weed at the same time, I support their right to do so. No victim, no crime.

I watched this guy all day. I can say this, I was very nervous by his behavior and was on high alert. Carrying a long gun to these rallies serves no positive purpose.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I watched this guy all day. I can say this, I was very nervous by his behavior and was on high alert. Carrying a long gun to these rallies serves no positive purpose.
    Hey Nick,

I saw you and Jeff in the audience but didn't get a chance to say hi before it was over. Good to see you guys made it.

Komo has updated their story to include this statement from WSP:
    Bob Calkins, a spokesman for the Washington State Patrol, said that unless directed otherwise by the Legislature, the patrol will continue to allow people to openly carry weapons into the public galleries. However, he noted that those who openly carry will be required to keep their pistols holstered, and those with rifles will have to keep them pointing directly at the ceiling or directly at the floor.

"We're not going to allow any behavior with a firearm that might constitute an obvious protest, such as the handing back and forth, where individuals have indicated very clearly that that's a political demonstration in opposition to Initiative 594," he said.

I am going to call Bob and ask him to release another statement specifically mentioning 9.41.270

No. I just don't want to see someone eventually shot and killed who happened to bring a firearm into the Capitol and then unholstered/unslung it and started brandishing it.
    Last edited by Alpine; 01-16-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast