• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Circle Jan. 15 on your calendar!

Dave Workman

Evergreen State Second Amendment activists now focusing on Jan. 15
:banana: :monkey

With last Saturday’s “I Will Not Comply” event now history, Evergreen State Second Amendment activists are shifting their focus to an event one month from today on the Capitol steps that will have some heavy-duty backing by two locally-based national gun rights organizations, and the grassroots group that has grown out of the battle against Initiative 594, which took effect earlier this month.

http://www.examiner.com/article/evergreen-state-second-amendment-activists-now-focusing-on-jan-15

Grim_Night

Why on a Thursday?

Would not a weekend date get more participation?

are the legislatures actually going to be there on a weekend? Think about that for a second. It might give you the answer to your question. And maybe if you read the article, that would also answer your question.

Next month’s Olympia event may differ in several ways, not the least of which is that it happens on a weekday/work day – gun owners do have jobs – and the Legislature will be in town. This will allow activists from across the state to visit their district senators and representatives, and explain their concerns about I-594 and several new gun control proposals that have been announced.

Contrarian

Jan.15th

My concern was participation, as I said...
While it's nice to have a politician or two in the neighborhood who may see the group,
greater numbers (which a Saturday might allow) might be seen on TV with more effect.

Your highlighted abstract IS my point . I suspect that attendance for media coverage is
important, perhaps as important as creating political influence.

Care to expound?

Dave_pro2a

are the legislatures actually going to be there on a weekend? Think about that for a second. It might give you the answer to your question. And maybe if you read the article, that would also answer your question.

Why would reward a forum spammer with link clicks?

Dave_pro2a

Dave_pro2A considers Dave Workman to be a forum spammer by starting threads about and posting links to his own columns. Dave_pro2A's feelings largely prompted by this thread:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...oncerns&highlight=dave+workman+book+concealed

with two pages of his book in post #23 of that thread which appear to be very anti-open carry, but Dave Workman also came on later in that thread to explain himself.

Thanks for the reminder.

4 years later and Workman STILL has not enforced his copyrights on all the articles I linked to in this thread:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...e-stuff-dope&p=1190406&viewfull=1#post1190406

Opps, there goes his copyright claims.

Dave Workman

This is a chance to meet legislatures, not another rally on the green.

deros and I will be there Dave...

Look forward to seeing you again Nick. Jim called me and said there's a carload of you guys coming down. Always nice to see adults in the audience ;)

It's my understanding that some of the plaintiffs in the SAF lawsuit against I-594 will also be attending, and it'll give some of you guys a chance to meet.

jsanchez

anybody interested in carpooling from Lynwood

I have room for 3 peopleand I was thinking of getting an early start it takes 2 hours to get down there from Lynwood

OC Freedom

Great! We have a moron wearing a gas mask in the upper gallery:(

I do not like wearing a suit, but photos/videos that are viewed by the middle of the line type of folks need to see us at our best on television. That moron looks like a character out of Mad Max.

rightwinglibertarian

And the complaining begins about people exercising their rights in ways that the whiners don't agree with....

"Oh it's OK to exercise your 1st and 2nd amendment rights.... Just don't do it in a way that I think makes ME look bad. "

Sounds like a typical leftwing tactic and just like our charming government

*wonders how badly he'll be shot for that :p *

mikeyb

And the complaining begins about people exercising their rights in ways that the whiners don't agree with....

"Oh it's OK to exercise your 1st and 2nd amendment rights.... Just don't do it in a way that I think makes ME look bad. "

150115_Gun_Protest_1.jpg

Dave Workman

And? Oh...wait, I see it now....that guy on the left is half-a$$ed concealing his pistol....yeah, that's bad....it might scare people into thinking he is trying to hide something...never mind.

Are we cross about something? You seem a little off center over something.

sudden valley gunner

The anti-gun crowd talks crap about anybody who carries a firearm - except cops - which is to be expected (paranoid, criminals about to snap at any time, etc, etc).
Some of the concealed carry only crowd talks crap about anyone who open carries in any way - cowboy, compensating, cop wannabe, etc, etc, etc.
Some of the pistol only open carry crowd talks crap about long gun open carry.

How many anti-gun people do you hear complaining about other anti-gun people? Almost none. And that is one of the big reasons they win.

In my opinion - it's the fact that we point at others and exclaim "Look at the moron! They are hurting us more than helping us" that hurts us more than the guy wearing the gas mask or the guy safely carrying the LAR-PDS.

+1

amlevin

I'm not so sure that a guy walking into a business of mine, carrying a firearm like he is, wouldn't be shot before he made it all the way in.

There's a lot about this picture that gives Anti-Gun proponents a lot of ammunition against the responsible members of the "Gun Community".

Why couldn't he have just let it hang from the sling rather than at the ready?

Flame as you wish. Apparently nobody recognizes "stupid" when they see it anymore.