• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grade A Apple: MRAP's for "Constitutionalists"

OC for ME

Primus, being a cop, missed the premise once again. If a cop engages in unjustified violence against a citizen there is no recourse for the citizen at that time...never debate the lawfulness of a cop's acts on the side of the road, or so they tell me. There is only the civil remedy, for your survivors in the worst case.

Primus

Well don't be. Its a tool. A piece of equipment they have in the garage. If they start issuing parking tickets from it then maybe you should be concerned lol

Does their taser or gun make you feel afraid and controlled? The taser is what will hurt and the gun is what will kill. Not the MRAP (which it probably isn't but we can use the generic term).

And ready for the kicker my friend?

Many on this very board scream (rightfully so) "its just a tool!! Why are mad mother afraid of guns?? Its a tool like a hammer!"

But now also say that a different tool (truck actually) is scary and controlling....

I'll let the hypocrisy sink in for a second. Not meant as a slight towards anyone just hopefully getting some guys to step back for a second and realize how they sound.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^ ^ ^ Do they sound like tools? Darn, I shouldn't have said that - don't answer. :lol:

Seriously - don't. I've already got enough trouble putting myself on report. :(

WalkingWolf

Well don't be. Its a tool. A piece of equipment they have in the garage. If they start issuing parking tickets from it then maybe you should be concerned lol

Does their taser or gun make you feel afraid and controlled? The taser is what will hurt and the gun is what will kill. Not the MRAP (which it probably isn't but we can use the generic term).

Many on this very board scream (rightfully so) "its just a tool!! Why are mad mother afraid of guns?? Its a tool like a hammer!"

But now also say that a different tool (truck actually) is scary and controlling....

I'll let the hypocrisy sink in for a second. Not meant as a slight towards anyone just hopefully getting some guys to step back for a second and realize how they sound.

[video=youtube;9-nXT8lSnPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-nXT8lSnPQ[/video]

twoskinsonemanns

It's not hypocrisy it's a failed comparison IMO. Weapons are power. They really are. A small weak person easy preyed on by a stronger bigger person can easily overcome that power inequity with the use of a weapon. Sure your tank is just a tool. A very powerful one. It's pretty obviously in the government's best interest to increase the power difference between the government's population control machine and the people. Whether it be keeping firearms out of the hands of blacks or taking automatic weapons from all or adding capacity limits on rifles the government will ever try to lessen the people's power and increase it's own.

Aknazer

Yes it is a tool, but the issue is in how they will use it. Especially after this guy's comments about. I am not scared of the truck, I'm concerned of those with it abusing it while I have no recourse to counter it. Give me the proper tools to counter such abuses and I would be less concerned. But then again I shouldn't need such weaponry to keep public servants in check.

The Truth

ITT: Primus compares an eccentric anti-gun mommy being afraid of an openly carried pistol to a citizen being concerned over police utilizing military vehicles to extend violent overreach.

:banghead:

georg jetson

ITT: Primus compares an eccentric anti-gun mommy being afraid of an openly carried pistol to a citizen being concerned over police utilizing military vehicles to extend violent overreach.

:banghead:

So I wasn't the only one who thought this a bit odd. Not to mention his apparent continued inappropriate analogies comparing people with "inalienable rights" to government agencies with state licensed privileges.

Primus

Yes it is a tool, but the issue is in how they will use it. Especially after this guy's comments about. I am not scared of the truck, I'm concerned of those with it abusing it while I have no recourse to counter it. Give me the proper tools to counter such abuses and I would be less concerned. But then again I shouldn't need such weaponry to keep public servants in check.
Now this I agree with.

That's why I said if they start issuing parking tickets from it then that's actions with the tool so worry should be applied

A properly holstered handgun is a tool. A parked mrap is a tool.

Mad mommies fear the gun will pulled from holster and waved around.
Some others are afraid the mrap will be used/abused against them.

The comparison doesn't get much clearer.

All the other arguments are fluff added to this very basic premise.

Primus

So if the police department obtains 40,000 tonnes of C-4, nothing to worry about citizens.
Lol so you'd he concerned if they had 400000 tons of c4. The guy in the video was concerned about you having the same thing or maybe 4000000 rounds of ammo.

Thanks for making my point about the cycle. Each side sees the other as aggressive and fears them so amasses more things which makes the other side more fearful which makes them amass more....

Primus

So I wasn't the only one who thought this a bit odd. Not to mention his apparent continued inappropriate analogies comparing people with "inalienable rights" to government agencies with state licensed privileges.
Philosophical debate not a person was getting into.

No one said anything about who shoulda coulda woulda had stuff or who's right etc.

A member stated a tool scared them. Mad mommies say tools scare them. Straight forward.

Another poster did well at putting it perspective by adding its then POSSIBLE actions or use of said tools that causes fear. So some fear cops may use said tool and abuse it.

Well mother's are afraid LAC may abuse their tools as well.

SovereigntyOrDeath

Lets hear the Truth

Let's just add a bit of reality to the equation. Here is a deputy sheriff's explanation as to why they need an armored personnel carrier:

from The Spokesman-Review

http://preps.spokesman.com/stories/2014/dec/16/spokane-deputys-remarks-in-defense-of-mrap-goes/

The footage shows a Spokane Valley resident asking why police need vehicles that are designed for fighting foreign enemies abroad.

“I mean, we’ve got a lot of constitutionalists and a lot of people that stockpile weapons, lots of ammunition,” one deputy says. “They have weapons here locally.”

Spokane Valley Republican Representative Matthew Shea responded to the video by asking, “Will law abiding citizens who love the Constitution and Rule of Law be hunted down with MRAPs?”

“Constitutionalism is fundamental to being an American. To hate the Constitution and those who support it means you are a traitor to this country,” added Shea.

OC for ME

http://www.constitution.org/pol/us/consplat.htm

Will the good sheriff direct us to those planks in the Constitutionalist platform that he disagrees with?

Citing cops getting killed by nutjobs and then broad brushing constitutionalists...hmm, I wonder how many times the good sheriff has decried LE being broad brushed due to the unlawful acts of one or two cops.

Work to have the good sheriff sent packing during the next election opportunity, he is anti-liberty and anti-citizen.

Public admonishments must be initiated and repeated often, with the focus on his stated need for the truck, not focused on the truck. At every town council meeting the sheriff should be politely and respectfully lampooned for his anti-liberty and anti-citizen sentiment. Any elected or appointed town/county agent who sides with the good sheriff should be lampooned as well.