Thread: Families of Newtown victims sue rifle manufacturer

Families of Newtown victims sue rifle manufacturer

http://news.yahoo.com/families-newto...141435892.html

From Wikipedia:

1760s[edit]

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where three men entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed ten children (reports vary). Only one child survived.

Couldn't fine any blood suck going after Colt, or smith & Weston...

I will do some research on French-Indian wars around 1755 on various massacres and use of guns - would expect predominance of tomahawks on Indian side, but French and English armed tribes on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    The plaintiffs in the case stemming from the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre include the families of Sherlach, Vicki Soto, Dylan Hockley, Noah Pozner, Lauren Rousseau, Benjamin Wheeler, Jesse Lewis, Daniel Barden, Rachel D'Avino and a teacher, Natalie Hammond, who was injured and survived.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecti...sp?sWhich=0128

Huh...none of these people gave testimony to the gen assembly when they could have....so I think that they are just in it for easy cash.

They'll be given some "go away money" maybe. I think gun man. are exempt from liability. (right?)

And the suit is meritless. Would they have been happier if they got shot by a shotgun?

While they're at it they should sue every ammo manufacturer that sells bullets for any gun Bushmaster has ever manufactured as well.

[s]Sounds like they have a strong case here...[/s]
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by range rat View Post

1760s[edit]

The earliest known United States shooting to happen on school property was the Pontiac's Rebellion school massacre on July 26, 1764, where three men entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and killed ten children (reports vary). Only one child survived.

Couldn't fine any blood suck going after Colt, or smith & Weston...
    Well, it is hard to sue companies that don't exist yet. Not that I wouldn't put it past an anti to try!

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    Well, it is hard to sue companies that don't exist yet. Not that I wouldn't put it past an anti to try!
    There were many small companies and craftsmen back then building guns. Something that our current gun laws have limited. So going after a large current manufacturer would be a powerful strike if successful. It amazes me that some gun owners support these strikes, and do not take responsibility for their own actions or lack of actions.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

There were many small companies and craftsmen back then building guns. Something that our current gun laws have limited. So going after a large current manufacturer would be a powerful strike if successful. It amazes me that some gun owners support these strikes, and do not take responsibility for their own actions or lack of actions.
    Um, yeah. But range rat specifically mentioned Colt and Smith & Wesson. Pretty sure neither was around to sue in 1764.

But like I said, I wouldn't put it past an anti to sue a company for something that happened 90 years before it existed. In their warped mind somehow it would make sense.