Thread: PBS gun control poll backfires?

PBS gun control poll backfires?

PBS gun poll backfires; stories from Sydney, Philly may explain why

A PBS “Newshour” poll launched Sunday appears to be backfiring big time against the gun prohibition lobby – coincidentally on the heels of Saturday’s “I will not comply” rally in Olympia – and news reports from Australia and Pennsylvania this morning may just have some bearing on it all.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pbs-...ay-explain-why

Direct link to the poll -----> http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/...gun-law-state/

Impressive!

3,092 votes (3.61%) for more gun control, 81,590 votes (95.3%) against more gun control.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Deleted. Double post.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 12-16-2014 at 08:32 PM.

We're slipping a little.

3.69% (3,406) would favor more gun control laws in their state.

95.26% (87,841) would not.

However, I choose to also count the "unsure" voters as also being against gun control because of the way the choice is worded: they are "unsure" if gun control is the right solution.

If some people want ice cream and some people don't, those who are "unsure" probably won't get any ice cream due to lack of enthusiasm.

Therefore, I'm counting the 969 "unsure" about new gun control laws as "probably too disinterested in supporting it", moving our percentage nearer to 96.31%.

As of now

As of now:

Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 3.75% (3,584 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 95.19% (90,866 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 1.06% (1,012 votes)

Total Votes: 95,462
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

The premise of the poll is false.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The premise of the poll is false.
    The premise of all such polls is false. So what? It's always all about the feelz, and in this one they are not getting the feelz they thought they would. And from (supposedly) PBS supporters.

It is to ROFL.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion
    Thank you for voting!
    Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 4.25% (5,135 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 94.6% (114,297 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 1.15% (1,385 votes)

Total Votes: 120,817
    Current results after my entry on the poll!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

PBS got hacked by spambots from deep inside TPDRONK aka The Norks.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

New 2015 Poll from NewsMax

NewsMax Poll showing good results so far. Surprised there aren't more NRA members and the opposition to Barry is not greater

http://www.newsmax.com/surveys/Shoul...t_nbr=zujwna4f

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newsmax_poll_01.2015.PNG 
Views:	78 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	12327