• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PBS gun control poll backfires?

Dave Workman

Superlite27

We're slipping a little.

3.69% (3,406) would favor more gun control laws in their state.

95.26% (87,841) would not.

However, I choose to also count the "unsure" voters as also being against gun control because of the way the choice is worded: they are "unsure" if gun control is the right solution.

If some people want ice cream and some people don't, those who are "unsure" probably won't get any ice cream due to lack of enthusiasm.

Therefore, I'm counting the 969 "unsure" about new gun control laws as "probably too disinterested in supporting it", moving our percentage nearer to 96.31%.

Rusty Young Man

As of now

As of now:

Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 3.75% (3,584 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 95.19% (90,866 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 1.06% (1,012 votes)

Total Votes: 95,462

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The premise of the poll is false.

The premise of all such polls is false. So what? It's always all about the feelz, and in this one they are not getting the feelz they thought they would. And from (supposedly) PBS supporters.

It is to ROFL.

stay safe.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Thank you for voting!
Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 4.25% (5,135 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 94.6% (114,297 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 1.15% (1,385 votes)

Total Votes: 120,817

Current results after my entry on the poll!