Thread: Second Amendment Court Victory (non-firearms-related)!

Second Amendment Court Victory (non-firearms-related)!

Considering that the opinion was 7-0 and out of the East-Coast, I'm quite pleased:

http://news.yahoo.com/court-overturn...192731739.html

Banned
    Nice to see the court actually following the law but I doubt that the court opinion will offer any more "protections".

The case is really only a win for the defendant in the case.

Not a win at all. The dude lost just about everything and the laws remain on the books. The cops will not be held to account, will gig another citizen, and the odds of that dude gaining a meaningful redress, in CT, is statistically impossible, but ya never know.

...in the home...pfft.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I feel that it well be very narrowly useful only protection one well receive well be if one is actually moving fro house house.

Other then that nothing.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

The decision has two important implications.

First, a broad definition of arms is actually a very good thing in my humble opinion as it makes it a bit more difficult to argue that the Second Amendment protects some firearms and not others. In order words, the scope of 'arms' is not so narrow but rather more diverse. Of course, that won't stop the semiautomatic gun ban crowd, but it helps a little.

Second, when, SCOTUS finally gets around to holding that the Second Amendment is not limited to one's dwelling (i.e. in public) then this case will gain far more importance for knife rights.

Let's not forget that the case isn't over yet, it could be appealed (which I actually hope it is since I believe the decision would be upheld).
    Last edited by OC4me; 12-17-2014 at 10:05 AM.