• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We are all Rambo

Logan 5

No, Paul Kersey was a sociopath.
Why do you think he got away with his crimes? The cops loved him.

HPmatt

Well when hooligans in pre-Guliani NYC murder your wife in movie 1. Then you move to LA in movie 2 and left coast hooligans murder your daughter, you would become bitter too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well when hooligans in pre-Guliani NYC murder your wife in movie 1. Then you move to LA in movie 2 and left coast hooligans murder your daughter, you would become bitter too!

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.
from Julius Caesar

davidmcbeth

Banned
Now 'Death Wish' movie series w Charles Bronson is more realistic than Rambo. Can relate to the urban setting much more, however Paul Kersey was not an OC guy in NYC or LA, so this might be off-topic.

Ha, good observation. I liked the first movie....others = same same

Logan 5

1. Wife murdered in NYC.
2. Daughter murdered in LA.

Something tells me that you need to be more attentive of the environment in which you place yourself.
Does that justify murdering the innocent downtrodden that have no alternative but to break the law to make ends meet?

Aknazer

Now 'Death Wish' movie series w Charles Bronson is more realistic than Rambo. Can relate to the urban setting much more, however Paul Kersey was not an OC guy in NYC or LA, so this might be off-topic.

Well this thread didn't really have much/anything to do with OC to begin with, hence why it was originally locked before it got moved to the social lounge, the place for such off-topic posts.

davidmcbeth

Banned
1. Wife murdered in NYC.
2. Daughter murdered in LA.

Something tells me that you need to be more attentive of the environment in which you place yourself.
Does that justify murdering the innocent downtrodden that have no alternative but to break the law to make ends meet?

I saw the Death Wish series being started as a commentary on courts letting off people due to technical violations of defendants' rights (didn't read Miranda, then you are free) and how some people saw this as a total breakdown of law and order.

I always viewed the series as slightly racist. Not overtly ... very subliminal.